Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebay tip

Options
  • 31-01-2015 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

I'm just posting this here because it will benefit residents of Donegal because of our proximity to Northern Ireland.
    If you are buying off Ebay log in to www.ebay.co.uk instead of www.ebay.ie and buy your item you can get it shipped for free to an Argos store in Northern Ireland. There are loads of items that can be collected at Argos in Derry, Strabane or Enniskillen. If you buy a lot on Ebay it could save a lot on shipping
    I only found out about it a couple of days ago and I'm sure a lot of people on here won't know about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,625 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Have to tried to have something shipped to a local Argos though?

I ordered something a few weeks ago on eBay, but when I entered the Derry Argos stores as a delivery address, was told that they do not deliver to those stores. Thinking it might only be on the mainland UK for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

I ordered a couple of things last night for delivery in Strabane and it went through no bother. Maybe its just after being extended to NI.

pbarr wrote: »
    I ordered a couple of things last night for delivery in Strabane and it went through no bother. Maybe its just after being extended to NI.

Great, must double check. If Strabane's covered then so should Derry.

Tried again, and its not. When I put in a Derry postcode it says no nearby stores off this service.

I've just discovered that I have my delivery address set to the Parcel Motel address in Newtownabbey. I must have used them for my last Ebay purchase. Now when I ckick on the click and collect link BT36 4PE which is Parcel Motels postcode shows up. If I type in Derry then it gives me the option of selecting Argos there or Derry or Omagh or Coleraine.
    It was just by chance that I discovered this and it looks like if I had my home address in the South as the delivery address it wouldn't have worked.
    Try that and see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭Johny_cash

does bt1 1aa work?

Johny_cash wrote: »
    does bt1 1aa work?

Haven't tried it but I'm sure if you change your Ebay address to any NI address it should work.

Johny_cash wrote: »
    does bt1 1aa work?

Why would I want my delivery to a Belfast Argos store though?

I'll try putting in Derry and see what happens.

Edit: typed in Derry instead of the postcode and it worked! Stupid eBay. Why ignore a perfectly valid Derry postcode?
    Thanks for that. Might come in handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Hi that is great I wonder does it ship everything for free. I wouldn't be ordering any big items just clothes or fabric. And also have any of you collected your items out of argos in derry yet ?

Does the seller have to offer free shipping for us to avail of this ??

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

pbarr wrote: »
    I'm just posting this here because it will benefit residents of Donegal because of our proximity to Northern Ireland.
    If you are buying off Ebay log in to www.ebay.co.uk instead of www.ebay.ie and buy your item you can get it shipped for free to an Argos store in Northern Ireland. There are loads of items that can be collected at Argos in Derry, Strabane or Enniskillen. If you buy a lot on Ebay it could save a lot on shipping
    I only found out about it a couple of days ago and I'm sure a lot of people on here won't know about it.
    Are all Ebay sellers signed up to this arrangement?

• Advertisement
Advertisement