If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spec of Cambridge Audio SYMPHONY cables

Options
  • 31-01-2015 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

Hi, I cant seem to find an answer on your webesite or the manufactures but can you please let me know the cross sectional area (mm2) of the Cambridge Audio SYMPHONY cables, more so the 100 and 200.

Thank you

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

viperlogic wrote: »
    Hi, I cant seem to find an answer on your webesite or the manufactures but can you please let me know the cross sectional area (mm2) of the Cambridge Audio SYMPHONY cables, more so the 100 and 200.

Thank you
    Hi Viperlogic.

Apologies for the delay.

Don't see this mentioned anywhere either.

I had to measure them using a tape measure :)

The Symphony 100 is 3mm.
    Symphony 200 coming in at 4mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Thanks for the reply but that's not the cross sectional area! Could you ask your vendor for the spec of the cable eg number of strands, size of each strand, and the cross sectional area (in mm2)? Thank you

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks for the reply but that's not the cross sectional area! Could you ask your vendor for the spec of the cable eg number of strands, size of each strand, and the cross sectional area (in mm2)? Thank you
    Viperlogic,

apologies for the delay coming back to you - unfortunately we have tried asking Cambridge Audio your specific query previously and they don't publish these specifications.

You can try them yourselves via their website however we not been able to unearth this info to date,

Apologies again and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John.

If you don't have the spec of the cable, what criteria do you use to guide your customers on to choose one over the other eg 100 vs 200?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks John.

If you don't have the spec of the cable, what criteria do you use to guide your customers on to choose one over the other eg 100 vs 200?

We listen to them!

As we don't open until 11am most mornings we set aside the time between 09:30-11:00 every morning to do listening and training sessions.

Apologies for the lack of specs on these products, honestly it's beyond our control

ATVB
    John mc & crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Thank again John for the reply, but listening is not quantitative enough for me!

What would you advise for 11 meter runs from an Onkyo 333 (bought from yourselves 2 months ago) to my rear speakers (8ohm ones that came with Sony HT-DDW890)?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thank again John for the reply, but listening is not quantitative enough for me!

What would you advise for 11 meter runs from an Onkyo 333 (bought from yourselves 2 months ago) to my rear speakers (8ohm ones that came with Sony HT-DDW890)?
    Hi Viperlogic.

As it is for rear speaker you will get away with the Symphony 100 or 200.
    If you are worried about quality and wanted to go to silver based then the ultra Micro at £2.99 per meter would be the one to go for.
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-cables/cambridge-audio/ultra-micro/audi-ultramicro-200m

Let me know what you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭4fvw6lcprxeoyq

I had the same question as the op, but the fact that CA refuse to give out the specs is enough to turn me off! 
    Refusing to give out the dimensions and specs of a product is kind of weird..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Hi gijoe50000,

This thread is over 4 years old and we ask that old threads are not "resurrected" as things may change over time - it would be better if you have a query about speaker cable to start a new thread and ask away - much easier for all concerned. I would normally open a new thread with your query but its not clear enough from your post above to stand alone at the moment.

I'm closing this thread due to its old age, but please do open a new thread if you wish to ask RS for assistance, advice or a quote.

Ritz.

This discussion has been closed.