Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working Holiday Visa for 3 months

Options
  • 31-01-2015 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi there,

I'm planning on going to Toronto for 3 months of summer. I'm a student at the moment, and I have a girlfriend in Canada, so I would have accommodation. I plan to try to work in the retail/bar sector while I'm there.

My questions:

1) will it negatively affect my application if I say I only want the visa for 3 months (though I would probably use it next summer again for another 3 months)

2) has any body any experience on finding work for as little as 3 months in Toronto? I have bar and retail experience.

I realise many would view this as a waste of the visa, but it's the only option I have for a working summer holiday in Canada.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Why would you say you only want it for 3 months? The visa is for 2 years, from the date of activation it runs, then you can use it as much or as little as you want? You can come and go as you please etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ellenellen

The visa lasts for two years, you don't need to specify how long you will be there for. Most people going over probably plan to stay for two years but many leave early for whatever reason. My sister did what you did and spent two summers in Canada and it was no problem. However if you are doing this buy a two year insurance policy. She hadn't intended to come back the following summer originally and they didn't check her insurance at the airport the second time but that was purely luck. You're better to have it and avoid what would be your only potential problem if you were to do two separate summers and return to Ireland in between.

Advertisement