Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving house

Options
  • 31-01-2015 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Hi,in the next few weeks/months I will be moving house, I am currently in a contract with ye for hone phone and efibre,I'm not sure if this new house has a phone line.but when I type the address in on your website it tells me its efibre enabled
    My questions are
    1) is there any way I can find out if there is an existing phone line?
    2) do I need to set up a new contract with you or can I just keep my contract and move
    3) do I pay for moving or is there any penilties if I do have to break ny current contract
    4) how long will it take to get efibre and all connected in new house?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,in the next few weeks/months I will be moving house, I am currently in a contract with ye for hone phone and efibre,I'm not sure if this new house has a phone line.but when I type the address in on your website it tells me its efibre enabled
    My questions are
    1) is there any way I can find out if there is an existing phone line?
    2) do I need to set up a new contract with you or can I just keep my contract and move
    3) do I pay for moving or is there any penilties if I do have to break ny current contract
    4) how long will it take to get efibre and all connected in new house?

Thanks

Hi Tinkerbell4484

Upon moving address the 18 month contract re-commences (starts again at the new address). There is no charge for a house move and the duration depends on a few things: If service needs to be closed down at the new address, if a line needs to be installed or is there on there to reactivate.

I can confirm that eircom have a specific team designated to arranging account moves, it's called the 'moving house team' and can be contacted on free phone 1901. The moving house team will be able to address all your queries and get the ball rolling for you however if you would like me to look in to the status of the line at the new address do feel free to send me a PM including the address and I'll check this out for you :)

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Pm sent Alan
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Pm sent Alan
    Thanks
    Hi Tinkerbell4484

I've replied just there, I accidentally clicked on the thumbs down icon in the subject bar (but the PM contains good news :))

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement