Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Kaboom

• 31-01-2015 2:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭

Went out to the Deauville after it sitting for about 2 weeks without a start. The starter turns it over alright, but no sign of a start, and every so often I get what I assume is a backfire (loud bang, about gunshot loudness, and a nasty explosion smell).

Anything obvious I can try before getting the experts in? I'm trying it with choke on, and haven't tried jump starting it yet since I'm not sure it's that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

Flooded, fouled plugs or plug, take them out and clean them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Went out this morning with the 'flooded' theory and it went first go with choke off. It has become apparent that I should become a dentist and get a beemer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

Yeah thats what usally happens after its left sitting for awhile after flooding, the fumes evaporates. I would also check out the choke cable to make sure its opening and closing properly.

Advertisement