Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

how to get music from an iphone 3gs that itunes is not recognizing

• 31-01-2015 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭

had all my music on my laptop & synced to old iphone 3gs. Hard drive on laptop is kaput & files can't be retrieved but I still have most of my music on iphone 3g. Problem is, now I have my new laptop & installed itunes its not picking up the iphone, also if i look at the phone via windows explorer its not showing music files.

Any ideas how I can transfer the music to my new laptop?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

I thought someone here would have good itunes/apple device knowledge? To add to the info above I downloaded itunes to my work PC which is windows 7, when I connect my phone it is picked up on itunes but I still can't transfer music from the phone to the pc as it seems its actually not possible to do that with itunes at all. Sharepod which you have to pay for or imatch (apple) which you also have to pay for seem to be the only options open to me.

However, I'm still left with the problem that my new windows 8 laptop, using itunes, won't recognise either my iphone 3gs or my ipod nano. Does anyone know if there's a workaround there or am I stuck with a new laptop that won't do what I bought it do i.e. manage my music.

thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,347 ✭✭✭✭endacl

It will dowhat you bought it to do. It just won't do it in the way you would like it to...

Help available here.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

endacl wrote: »
    It will dowhat you bought it to do. It just won't do it in the way you would like it to...

Help available here.

;)

seriously? thanks, I never would have thought of that myself - obviously I've googled - google didn't give any replies that were helpful for me so I thought I'd ask here. My mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mlo

Ther's was a utility called musicrescue which is exactly for that purpose.

http://download.cnet.com/Music-Rescue/3000-2169_4-12831166.html

Advertisement