Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony xperia doesn't see sound tower bluetooth

Options
  • 31-01-2015 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭

Hi, i bought a sound tower this week to use with my Sony Experia M2.

The bluetooth device does not become visible when i search for it. This is weird because...

1) The phone can see the bluetooth device in my car
    2) Other phones can see the sound tower when they search for it in bluetooth

Phone is seriously p1ssing me off as it also does not work with non sony headphones.

Anyway...Is there something i can do to reconfigure this to work? Google doesn't seem to shed any light on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Hi, i bought a sound tower this week to use with my Sony Experia M2.

The bluetooth device does not become visible when i search for it. This is weird because...

1) The phone can see the bluetooth device in my car
    2) Other phones can see the sound tower when they search for it in bluetooth

Phone is seriously p1ssing me off as it also does not work with non sony headphones.

Anyway...Is there something i can do to reconfigure this to work? Google doesn't seem to shed any light on it.

You need to make your phone visible in order to pair it with the speakers. Go to settings - Bluetooth - press Only Visible to paired devices. This should enable the phone to see the speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭veryangryman

No joy with that. Even when setting it and leaving speaker 1 yard away from phone, it doesnt see it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

M2 supports BT 4.0, maybe the tower requires 4.0LE? Im not sure on the spec but it may not be backwards compatible.

Got a link to the tower?

Advertisement