Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My budgie needs help!!!

• 31-01-2015 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

My dad recently rescued a budgie, its left leg looks broken. He never uses it, when we looked closer it has like a red sore at the top of his leg. It is hard 2 find a vet that will look at a bird but we are just wondering does anybody know any home remedies we can do? The budgie seems in good form. Please if anybody can help, we would be grateful. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

darv84 wrote: »
    My dad recently rescued a budgie, its left leg looks broken. He never uses it, when we looked closer it has like a red sore at the top of his leg. It is hard 2 find a vet that will look at a bird but we are just wondering does anybody know any home remedies we can do? The budgie seems in good form. Please if anybody can help, we would be grateful. Thanks.

If you let us know where you are based then I'm sure we can recommend a vet that treats budgies. Nobody can recommend a home remedy for something that sounds like it really should be seen by a professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 darv84

Toulouse wrote: »
    If you let us know where you are based then I'm sure we can recommend a vet that treats budgies. Nobody can recommend a home remedy for something that sounds like it really should be seen by a professional.

We are in letterkenny, co donegal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

I'm not familiar with Letterkenny myself but if you have tried all the local vets with no joy then there are a few wild bird rehabilitators in your area who may be able to recommend a suitable vet for your pet. http://www.irishwildlifematters.ie/animals/contacts.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Ring donegal animal hospital, I know for a fact they've dealt with exotics. They'll soon tell you if they'll treat a budgie but I'd be willing to bet they will. Nobody online can diagnose accurately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

darv84 wrote: »

Home remedies for a broken leg, seriously? Bring the poor budgie to the vet. It's not that much of an effort to ring a few and find one that treats birds rather than waiting hours or days for people on an online forum to reply to you. Poor thing must be in awful pain, get him seen to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement