Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applied Maths alone - where to get mock?

• 31-01-2015 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where i can get a mock paper for applied maths? Even one from last year.. I don't do it in school but I'd like to test myself. Tried doing a random exam paper from the actual leaving cert but I've done a lot of them and couldnt find a year which I hadn't attempted already.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭Gulfstream757

would a paper from the 80's be of any use???

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

would a paper from the 80's be of any use???

I guess, the only problem is that they've changed somewhat since then? Obviously not content wise but structural.. like now projectiles are part a) horizontal plane and b) inclined. i'll probably end up using those though from physicsteacher.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭Gulfstream757

Yeah those were the ones I was thinking of, what questions do you do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Kremin wrote: »
    Does anyone know where i can get a mock paper for applied maths? Even one from last year.. I don't do it in school but I'd like to test myself. Tried doing a random exam paper from the actual leaving cert but I've done a lot of them and couldnt find a year which I hadn't attempted already.
    Thanks

Ask your school to order one for you. Tell them you will pay for the paper and to have it corrected. If your school doesn't send papers away for correction then just ask them to order the mock and the marking scheme, and you can correct it yourself after you have finished. If your school haven't already done the mocks maybe you could sit it in a slot when there is an exam timetabled that you don't do.

Yeah those were the ones I was thinking of, what questions do you do?

1,2,3,4,5,10 .
    Havent finished 10 yet though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

If your school can't get one you could try http://pastpapers.ie but you'll have to correct it yourself

Beca19 wrote: »
    If your school can't get one you could try but you'll have to correct it yourself

Thanks! I'll use that site it looks like. I dont mind correcting applied maths myself tbh, its not like its really open to interpretation.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Ask your school to order one for you. Tell them you will pay for the paper and to have it corrected. If your school doesn't send papers away for correction then just ask them to order the mock and the marking scheme, and you can correct it yourself after you have finished. If your school haven't already done the mocks maybe you could sit it in a slot when there is an exam timetabled that you don't do.

Would second this. I had my school do this for me a few years back, it shouldn't be a problem for them to do, could even get 2 mock papers done for it if you want.

Ompala wrote: »
    Would second this. I had my school do this for me a few years back, it shouldn't be a problem for them to do, could even get 2 mock papers done for it if you want.

I bought previous exam papers for 1 euro on pastpapers site, my mocks start tuesday so it's too late to ask the school. Anyway I'll just go into an empty room inbetween english and maths and get it done with :p.

I bought previous exam papers for 1 euro on pastpapers site, my mocks start tuesday so it's too late to ask the school. Anyway I'll just go into an empty room inbetween english and maths and get it done with :p.

The school can ring one of the mock companies on monday and order one and have it sent out within a day or two. i'd assume your mocks will last for the next two weeks. It wouldn't be a big deal if you wanted to get the practice in.

• Advertisement

The school can ring one of the mock companies on monday and order one and have it sent out within a day or two. i'd assume your mocks will last for the next two weeks. It wouldn't be a big deal if you wanted to get the practice in.

Yeah might ask then. This should be a fun conversation. I hate telling people I do applied maths outside of school because most look at me like I'm insane. It was hard enough to get the maths teacher who was doing our subject registration forms to stop asking me questions about it :p!

Yeah might ask then. This should be a fun conversation. I hate telling people I do applied maths outside of school because most look at me like I'm insane. It was hard enough to get the maths teacher who was doing our subject registration forms to stop asking me questions about it :p!

I wouldn't worry about it. You are trying to achieve the best you can in your Leaving Cert. We have a few students doing it outside school in the school I work in and I say fair fcuks to them. The worst they can do is say no to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

you could try emailing the mock companies and explaining your situation , worked for me for maths a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭getupthatyard

Thanks

Not mock papers, but leaving cert papers and marking schemes at the below website:

studyclix.ie/Subjects/Leaving-Certificate/Higher/Applied-Maths

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭bren2001

AFAIK you can pay to sit them in the institute in Dublin city centre. Under exams conditions. Worth the few bob for the experience imo. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother paying for one, just pick a past paper you have never seen before and do it under your own exam conditions. Once there is a marking scheme available either correct it yourself or someone on here will correct it for you (I will if you are stuck).

The mock paper questions are never great and not really an indication of the difficulty seen in June. They are usually poor questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭vamos!

Your maths teacher can register with deb to get free past mock papers and marking schemes. I don't teach maths, so don't have access to anything maths related but your teacher can try. Papers and marking scheme are in PDF format so should be easy to email on to you.

Advertisement