Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can you buy wireless window alarm?

Options
  • 31-01-2015 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Im wondering where you could purchase individual devices, I think they use magnets, that you can fit to your window, and they sound an alarm if someone tries to break in through the window. I dont want a whole alarm system/nor monitored system, just stand alone devices that would alert you to an intruder. Could anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

maggiepip wrote: »
    Im wondering where you could purchase individual devices, I think they use magnets, that you can fit to your window, and they sound an alarm if someone tries to break in through the window. I dont want a whole alarm system/nor monitored system, just stand alone devices that would alert you to an intruder. Could anyone help?

Maplins, Argos, B&Q and Woodies would all be worth having a look in, I reckon they all have Web sites anyway so that should help.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Not a great way of protecting your home but diy shops have these.
    Try woodies and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

Thank, tried searching online but couldn't find any basic device Im looking for. Will check out DIY shops.

Thank, tried searching online but couldn't find any basic device Im looking for. Will check out DIY shops.

The likes of Amazon would have packs of them. Search for window and door chimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Argos have basic alarm systems.

• Advertisement

degsie wrote: »
    Argos have basic alarm systems.

Very basic. A better alternative is to invest in a system that has to conform to a standard. Not like a DIY alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

altor wrote: »
    Very basic. A better alternative is to invest in a system that has to conform to a standard. Not like a DIY alarm.

Sure, but you might want to read the first post ;)

degsie wrote: »
    Sure, but you might want to read the first post ;)

:D

Advertisement