Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good cinemas around the castlebar area?

Options
  • 31-01-2015 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭

As above. Will be staying in castlebar around the St valentines weekend

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

There's Mayo Movie World in Castlebar. Westport is closed and think Ballina is closed also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Mayo movie world in Castlebar, good selection of movies, some people like to give out about it but it's a grand spot. heading there later

Aeternum wrote: »
    There's Mayo Movie World in Castlebar. Westport is closed and think Ballina is closed also.
    Ballina is going again but it's 25 miles from Castlebar

• Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Mayo movie world in Castlebar, good selection of movies, some people like to give out about it but it's a grand spot. heading there later

Yeah seen it on the Web. Just noticed some threads giving out about it on boards.

Is it a modern place? Went to a few places that seemed well outdated. I only ask as I enjoy my films and like a good cinema to watch them in

Reggie. wrote: »
    Yeah seen it on the Web. Just noticed some threads giving out about it on boards.

Is it a modern place? Went to a few places that seemed well outdated. I only ask as I enjoy my films and like a good cinema to watch them in

It's fairly modern, a lot of the screens have had new seats put in recently enough and all screens are digital. I have never had cause to complain. there was a problem with a film print a few years back and the let us go to another movie, refunded us and gave us tickets to return for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

I go to Mayo Movie World two or three times a month, never had any issues. Most of the screens have really comfy seats so the newer films/more popular ones tend to be shown in these screens. I did end up in one of the older screens for a movie recently and they weren't as comfy but still nothing to be complaining about. Also a big thumbs up for their popcorn - delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

It's fairly modern, a lot of the screens have had new seats put in recently enough and all screens are digital. I have never had cause to complain. there was a problem with a film print a few years back and the let us go to another movie, refunded us and gave us tickets to return for free.

Cheers for that

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭P_Cash

Mayo mw is a dump. Hangout for teens, ran by teens, no supervision, dirty, noisy, feet on chairs type of place,

When ever I'm made go, I'll pick a 7pm show, as the teens prefer the 9pm.

Over the last ten years I've had the pleasure of using imc athlone and eye cinema galway. .I only which the family could at least run there cinema right, even if they can't run shops.

P_Cash wrote: »
    Mayo mw is a dump. Hangout for teens, ran by teens, no supervision, dirty, noisy, feet on chairs type of place,

When ever I'm made go, I'll pick a 7pm show, as the teens prefer the 9pm.

Over the last ten years I've had the pleasure of using imc athlone and eye cinema galway. .I only which the family could at least run there cinema right, even if they can't run shops.

Have you some sort of grudge against the proprietors? It comes across that way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

castlebar cinema is grand, providing it's not raining heavy outside and no one above 5"6 sits in front of you. The only good screen is screen 1 the rest are average at best.

It does the job but it only does so well because of the catchment area it has! If I had equal mileage to go somewhere else I would!

• Advertisement
Advertisement