Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Other UK cities? Newcastle, Nottingham, Cardiff, Bristol etc?

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,178 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

zweton wrote: »
    Job market in Brighton prob not as good as Bristol though would it? Im working in i.t so though bristol would be better, maybe i am wrong.
    Is there a good vibe about bristol? Never though of nottingham it sounds nice too.:)

It'd be awful I would think. It's not the kind of place you see and think "I want to settle down here". I love it but it's not big enough to recommend someone move here before finding a job.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

would bristol be as lively as dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

would bristol be as lively as dublin?

Would be more or less the same given the 2 cities are the same size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Job market in Brighton prob not as good as Bristol though would it? Im working in i.t so though bristol would be better, maybe i am wrong.
    Is there a good vibe about bristol? Never though of nottingham it sounds nice too.:)

No Bristol would be much bigger and have more jobs on offer. Lot of financial firms have major offices here, TV companies and big employers like Airbus, Rolls Royce(jet engines not the cars) and the MoD.

To give you an idea, I entered jobs within 10 miles of BS1(Central Bristol) on reed.co.uk and got 5001 jobs, within 10 miles of central Brighton it was 1673 jobs.

I love the place, great vibe here.

The South West of England has the lowest rate of unemployment in the country at 4.5 per cent. Bristol I beleive is even lower again but I dont have the figure to hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭by the seaside

No Bristol would be much bigger and have more jobs on offer. Lot of financial firms have major offices here, TV companies and big employers like Airbus, Rolls Royce(jet engines not the cars) and the MoD.

To give you an idea, I entered jobs within 10 miles of BS1(Central Bristol) on reed.co.uk and got 5001 jobs, within 10 miles of central Brighton it was 1673 jobs.

I love the place, great vibe here.

The South West of England has the lowest rate of unemployment in the country at 4.5 per cent. Bristol I beleive is even lower again but I dont have the figure to hand.

A fair amount of Brighton people commute to London but the train service isn't great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Catherine!

Someone mentioned Cambridge - that was the city that came to my mind as it's my nearest city besides Norwich. I'm Norwich born and bred but wouldn't recommend Norwich as it's isolated and I'm struggling to find a new job.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,178 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

A fair amount of Brighton people commute to London but the train service isn't great.

The Brighton-London Victoria trains didn't run on time once in 2014 according to a BBC news report.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Advertisement