Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hall/School to rent?

Options
  • 31-01-2015 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi I am interested in setting up a summer camp. Is there any cheapish halls/schools/places to rent in the Cork city/county area that would be available?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,183 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Most second level schools would be available from July, unless they are getting repair work done. It's the insurance, Garda vetting and all that will be the problem, not the premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cork201

Thank you very much. I got insurance and am already garda vetted. Is there anything I should be looking at?? :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,183 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

cork201 wrote: »
    Thank you very much. I got insurance and am already garda vetted. Is there anything I should be looking at?? :P

Staffing. Some of the schools will (for their own insurance) need their own staff there. I would try the ETB schools first.

I find the local halls either very expensive or already have the hall booked! Is there anywhere except local schools or gaa/community halls?

Did you try the ETB (VEC) schools? They are publicly owned and I know in Dublin they offer competitive rates. They also (mostly) have their own maintenance and security people around during the summer.

• Advertisement

Do I just ring/email the schools?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Anne Other

If you are looking into hall bookings in country areas write to the The Secretary of x Community Council and send it to the area:

Secretary of Any Village Community Council,
    Any Village,
    Town,
    Co. Cork

Advertisement