Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much could I borrow?

Options
  • 31-01-2015 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭

I have a 30k deposit saved,Earnings would be in mid to late 20's.What is the most I could borrow?Around 90k?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

fire_man wrote: »
    I have a 30k deposit saved,Earnings would be in mid to late 20's.What is the most I could borrow?Around 90k?

3.5 times income is the most you can borrow under new rules

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭fire_man

Thanks,i am on a 23 month contract on new job,will this go against me?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Yes. You have no job security. Why would you want a mortgage at all. Wait until you need one.

This Irish obsession with Land is ridiculous.

Relax !!It should lead to a fulltime employment,I have a good deposit saved and it would be better to pay a mortgage than rent i feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

It will depend on your profession and the bank you're going for. KBC/Ulster Bank would be who I'd recommend approaching first.

Not everyone has job security, and the ones that think they do are generally the eejits committing a massive percentage of their income to service debt and wondering why it all goes tits up when said secure job is lost.

New job will be an issue until probation is fully passed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Relax !!It should lead to a fulltime employment,I have a good deposit saved and it would be better to pay a mortgage than rent i feel.

Would you lend a 23 year old with no secure job a quarter of a million?

Are you going to rock in and say, relax mr bank manager i "should" have a job.

You are not living in reality mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭Crumbs868

Would you lend a 23 year old with no secure job a quarter of a million?

Are you going to rock in and say, relax mr bank manager i "should" have a job.

You are not living in reality mate

Chill man and reread the OPs opening post. He is thinking of borrowing 90k not the quarter of a million you think you read

I also have a deposit of 30k I think that should help in my application and my credit rating is excellent.repayments would be around €450 per month which I would manage no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Mellowbird

A client we had on 80k salary but one year contract couldn't get a mortgage, but that was 2 years ago, don't know about now. It seemed at that time deposit and salary didn't matter, it was whether you can pay them back every month for the next 20+ years.

If I had a property which I could renovate and had a 30k myself would this improve my chances of getting mortgage. Would the security of property help my case?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Eldarion

Cold, hard facts here, no emotion. Banks won't look twice at a mortgage application with a LTV > 75% from someone in non-permanent employment.

It's not an outright no for people on contracts, profession comes into it also. For instance BOI told me that they lend people working in research in the university even though they are more often than not on contracts.

If I inherited a property worth about 50K,how much could I borrow, income late 20's and 30k deposit.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

If I inherited a property worth about 50K,how much could I borrow, income late 20's and 30k deposit.Thanks

You need to talk to a broker or a mortgage advisor. You're asking the impossible here of the forum.

I will speak to them but if anyone here was in a similar situation I would like to hear.thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

As a non FTB you're subject to either a 70% or 80% LTV (depending on what you do with the inherited house) and your LTI is 3.5 times your salary.

That is also subject to a risk assessment based on your income/expenditure and your credit history.

ok thanks for reply.

Advertisement