Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect Trilogy remastered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

https://www.ea.com/games/mass-effect/mass-effect-legendary-edition/mass-effect-bonus-content-download
    MASS EFFECT BONUS CONTENT DOWNLOAD
    We're giving fans a chance to download content previously available in the Deluxe Editions of Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3, as well as the first Mass Effect soundtrack (including the new Legendary Edition Track: "Resynthesis").*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Patser

€60 all the same, for a game I've finished 4 times.

€60 for a prettier look at Miranda's arse and Garus' scars.........

Mass Effect Legendary Edition to support 60fps on all platforms, up to 120fps on Xbox Series X and 240fps on PC

https://www.ea.com/games/mass-effect/mass-effect-legendary-edition/performance-details

MODE |PLAYSTATION 4 |PLAYSTATION 4 PRO | PLAYSTATION 5| XBOX ONE |XBOX ONE X / XBOX SERIES S |XBOX SERIES X
    FAVOR QUALITY| Up to 30fps @ 1080p |Up to 30fps @ 4K UHD |Up to 60fps @ 4k UHD| Up to 30fps @ 1080p |Up to 30fps @ 4K UHD |Up to 60fps @ 4k UHD
    FAVOR FRAMERATE |Up to 60fps @ 1080p |Up to 60fps @ 1440p |Up to 60fps @ 1440p| Up to 60fps @ 1080p |Up to 60fps @ 1440p| Up to 120fps @ 1440p

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Incredible! 88 tracks, 2 comic books, 2 art pdf files and lithograph of the Normandy. Download until 31st of May or into download capacity reached. Gonna grab this in case it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Patser wrote: »
    €60 for a prettier look at Miranda's arse ...

I've got some bad news for you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Fantastic, thank you!

I know what I'll be doing for the rest of the night!
    Glico Man wrote: »
    I actually hope I'm still in lockdown here in the North when this gets released. I work in a restaurant/bar and if I'm back to work I'll never find the time to play! :pac:

By the by, my wish has not come true. Alas, I returned to work on Friday. Sad times, however I will still look forward to playing through the game an hour at a time when I get home late most nights :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Patser

I've got some bad news for you...

Oh yeah forgot about that.

€60 to appreciate Miranda's personality and inner beauty in better graphics

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Patser wrote: »
    Oh yeah forgot about that.

€60 to appreciate Miranda's personality and inner beauty in better graphics

And don't you forget it!

butt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Mass Effect Legendary Edition to support 60fps on all platforms, up to 120fps on Xbox Series X and 240fps on PC

https://www.ea.com/games/mass-effect/mass-effect-legendary-edition/performance-details[/URL

MODE |PLAYSTATION 4 |PLAYSTATION 4 PRO | PLAYSTATION 5| XBOX ONE |XBOX ONE X / XBOX SERIES S |XBOX SERIES X
    FAVOR QUALITY| Up to 30fps @ 1080p |Up to 30fps @ 4K UHD |Up to 60fps @ 4k UHD| Up to 30fps @ 1080p |Up to 30fps @ 4K UHD |Up to 60fps @ 4k UHD
    FAVOR FRAMERATE |Up to 60fps @ 1080p |Up to 60fps @ 1440p |Up to 60fps @ 1440p| Up to 60fps @ 1080p |Up to 60fps @ 1440p| Up to 120fps @ 1440p

I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to this kind of thing . Played 2 and 3 on PlayStation . Seeing 120 fps vs 60 fps on ps5 vs series I'd be tempted to buy this on series x , but will it make that much of a difference ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I cannot wait to play through this again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Kiith wrote: »
    I cannot wait to play through this again.

The thing is ... I know I should differ from my previous playthroughs (four of them) choices, squadmates, romance options etc. But I know I won't.

And I don't care.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

brady12 wrote: »
    I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to this kind of thing . Played 2 and 3 on PlayStation . Seeing 120 fps vs 60 fps on ps5 vs series I'd be tempted to buy this on series x , but will it make that much of a difference ?

No, not really. If your TV supports it, then it's a nice option to have, but 4k60 will be great as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

brady12 wrote: »

For me the drop to 1440p would not be worth the sacrifice. Your mileage may vary but IMO 120 fps would be something I would only care about in very specific games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Remember as well that 120 FPS remains a relatively niche proposition - not a whole lot of TVs support it yet. It’s an option if you do have a tv with it, but TBH for a game like Mass Effect 4K 60 would be more than enough. For very fast paced online shooters or character action games I’d recommend taking the resolution hit for the boosted frame rate though, again once your tv can handle it.

The thing is ... I know I should differ from my previous playthroughs (four of them) choices, squadmates, romance options etc. But I know I won't.

And I don't care.

I'm almost certainly going to play it exactly the same way i've always played it. Full Paragon (with the off non important Renegade thrown in), and hook up with Liara.

Feels weird to play it differently :pac:

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm almost certainly going to play it exactly the same way i've always played it. Full Paragon (with the off non important Renegade thrown in), and hook up with Liara.

Feels weird to play it differently :pac:

Same exact with Tali. Don't think I've ever romanced any other character, would just feel wrong :)

Interested to know more about the morality system in this as it seems you can get away with a bit more without losing any teammates. Definitely want to throw the odd Renegade punch in there.

The only check i ever failed in any of the games was the last Paragon one with the IM. Always annoyed me.

Will definitely add in a few this time, with them not being so strict with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Ashley is going to make the sacrifice this time around.

Though Kaiden ust grates so much in ME1.

Shep - Hey Kaiden, good job.
    Kaiden - OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU TOO.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Made the mistake of Killing Ashley the first time i ran the game, was so annoyed i had to stick with stupid Kaiden

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Vicxas wrote: »
    Made the mistake of Killing Ashley the first time i ran the game, was so annoyed i had to stick with stupid Kaiden

I've heard he is a really good character in 3. so I'm gonna try find out.

I wish the sacrifice choice actually felt like it was needed though. Always had the impression it was a stupid choice and both could have survived without much more effort. Maybe I got it wrong and will see it differently this time around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Same exact with Tali. Don't think I've ever romanced any other character, would just feel wrong :)

The only real choice is Jack, you know she'd get the round in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I think i actually romanced a different character every playthrough.

Oddly my first was Miranda, because I actually missed the boat on ME and started the series with 2. I think I "did" every female character, and Garrus and Kaiden as Femshep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

JimBurnley wrote: »

Nice, they changed them to make them possible in a single playthrough of each game. Also the powers used ones are counted when you command squad to use them.

Hey everyone - I have a few answers to some of the questions I've seen in here. Not trying to open this up to an official AMA or anything, but I did want to provide some clarity on some of these.

Bonus weapon talents are unlocked after one playthrough of the game
    There are 3 platinum trophies - one for each game in the trilogy
    Power achievements count player use and player-ordered use (so you can order Liara to use Lift and get credit for the achievement)
    All ME1 difficulties are unlocked by default from the start

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

JimBurnley wrote: »

Has this ever been done before? Seems like a first. That can surely mean that at some stage those games will be available separately on the digital store? Though I think the Legendary Edition trophies negate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Has this ever been done before? Seems like a first. That can surely mean that at some stage those games will be available separately on the digital store? Though I think the Legendary Edition trophies negate that.

I'm fairly sure the Spyro and Crash games have the same.

Wouldn't know of any others though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Glico Man wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure the Spyro and Crash games have the same.

Wouldn't know of any others though.

Mafia trilogy would be another

So what classes are people planning for each game and for returning players, can you remember what classes you used before?
    For me
    Original games
    Mass Effect - Soldier, I think
    Mass Effect 2 - Vanguard
    Mass Effect 3 - Vanguard

New version
    Mass Effect - Biotic
    Mass Effect 2 - Vanguard or Sentinel
    Mass Effect 3 - Vanguard or Sentinel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Going to make my character an arsehole was a nice guy when I first played 😂