Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect Trilogy remastered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    You can platinum all 3 games without playing on insanity afaik, there’s a separate trophy list for insanity play throughs and other bits.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/05/mass_effect_legendary_edition_has_three_platinum_trophies_on_ps4_130_trophies_in_total

Oh you're right! Class and the platinums look incredibly easy for all games now. Will swing back around for the 100% if I'm bothered down the line but a plat in each for this trilogy will be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

brady12 wrote: »
    Ya that's why I can't decide . If it was same I'd just get it on ps5z suppose they were original an Xbox game ?

It’s to do with backwards compatibility, PS5 can’t play games at 120 unless they’ve a native PS5 patch, whist Xbox can.

The first game is being streamed here if anyone is interested

https://youtu.be/ARVTEDx_5yM

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Oh you're right! Class and the platinums look incredibly easy for all games now. Will swing back around for the 100% if I'm bothered down the line but a plat in each for this trilogy will be nice

Yup! The insanity trophies were the only one preventing me for getting 1000gs back on the 360 so I’ll definitely try get the platinum this time around.

Only short two for the plat on andromeda, but 1 was a missable one and the other was either insanity or the hardest mp missions so just gave up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Series X can do 120fps but ps5 can only do 60fps AFAIK

It has to drop to 1440p though, in a slow paced single player game I would much rather have 2160p/60 FPS than 1440p/120 FPS.

• Advertisement

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    The first game is being streamed here if anyone is interested

https://youtu.be/ARVTEDx_5yM

I clicked in twice, first time he was talking shyte and then took a beer break and now he's reading comments from the chat. Just play the ****ing game :pac:

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I clicked in twice, first time he was talking shyte and then took a beer break and now he's reading comments from the chat. Just play the ****ing game :pac:

I have never once watched a streamer play a game (just don't get it), and even I know this is mostly what they do.

Markitron wrote: »
    I have never once watched a streamer play a game (just don't get it), and even I know this is mostly what they do.

I watch my friend stream when I'm not playing, he does the same and it's a laugh, it's more than just the game being played but when you have a game 2 days before launch, people just want to watch the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Markitron wrote: »

I'd largely agree but Viper Higgins/Tommy Shlug/Fontaine/Conor Williams is the exception. He is brilliant craic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Sure there’s no need at all to watch this particular game - we played the whole thing a decade ago :p

• Advertisement

Aw yeah, i just want to see how the game runs since there were no proper gameplay videos. Would usually never want to see a stream of a game i preordered. I imagine this will be a case of "it looks the exact same" until you look up a video of the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭fugyvuhgvhbjb

The unlock time on ps4 seems to be bugged. Says it will unlock in 9 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭McFly85

The unlock time on ps4 seems to be bugged. Says it will unlock in 9 hours.

Same thing happened with Cyberpunk. Once the timer reaches zero it will start again to the real unlock time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

So it won't be ready when I get home? :(

McFly85 wrote: »
    Same thing happened with Cyberpunk. Once the timer reaches zero it will start again to the real unlock time.

Ah yes, happened to me with Cyberpunk as well. I don't mind if timer resets as long as it turns out better than that did :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

I thought this was meant to release today on xbox ? got an email earlier in the week saying it would release a day earlier on the 13th, went to play it there and saying it will not release till the 14th...:mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Anyone else unable to pre-load it in EA Play?

Worked for me in Origin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    I thought this was meant to release today on xbox ? got an email earlier in the week saying it would release a day earlier on the 13th, went to play it there and saying it will not release till the 14th...:mad:

I think if you change your location to new Zealand you can play it now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Judging from a couple of you tubers i trust it's nothing more then a lick of paint . Plays the same just an over all graphics enhancement.

Judging from a couple of you tubers i trust it's nothing more then a lick of paint . Plays the same just an over all graphics enhancement.

From what little I have seen the ME1 overhaul is a bit more than a lick of paint. The original version is borderline unplayable these days.

• Advertisement

Hurry up...

Sad-Pablo-Escobar.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Givin there's such a large day 1 patch I prob won't buy it tomorrow,I'll wait till we see how performance/ bugs are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

EoinHef wrote: »
    Givin there's such a large day 1 patch I prob won't buy it tomorrow,I'll wait till we see how performance/ bugs are.

I'd be tempted get this on click and collect tomorrow but no one has stock ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I thought I was a massive fan but then I see that someone called their son Garrus.

Yeah, they have me beat.

Edit: Seen some screenshots. They've really blasted scenes with light, with varying results. Also, what the hell did they do to Kelly?

latest.png?width=601&height=601

SPOILER_KELLY.PNG?width=826&height=433

She has lego man hair.

Yeah, I've seen some screenshots with weird lighting. The PS4/5 1.01 patch notes say lighting has been improved, don't know if those shots are pre patch or not.

Improves performance
    Improves stability and fixes crashes
    Improvements to Ambient Occlusion (AO)
    Lighting improvements – both visual and performance-related
    Miscellaneous content fixes

I'd be tempted get this on click and collect tomorrow but no one has stock ?

Argos should have stock, also Smyths usually has a lot of new games in stock on release day even though they show out of stock a few days before. Not sure why they do that. I believe Gamestop are doing click and collect as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm looking to playing my first Mass Effect game tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Wish I could erase it and play it again. While I've no doubt I will enjoy another playthrough, to be able to have some of those interactions for the first time again...

• Advertisement

I can't ****ing wait to get back on the Normandy!

Still don't know what class to pick. Soldier is too boring and i usually pick Vanguard but the charge ability is very risky in the first game, not much payout to use against groups. Infiltrator is very powerful but don't fancy playing as sniper for my main playthrough. Might go with Adept for pure biotic build but now with Assault Rifle.

Advertisement