Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect Trilogy remastered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I would like to say I'll try something different, but I just know it'll be soldier again. I likes guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I can't ****ing wait to get back on the Normandy!

Still don't know what class to pick. Soldier is too boring and i usually pick Vanguard but the charge ability is very risky in the first game, not much payout to use against groups. Infiltrator is very powerful but don't fancy playing as sniper for my main playthrough. Might go with Adept for pure biotic build but now with Assault Rifle.

The charge ability is only in 2 and 3, I'm probably going Adept in the first game and then maybe Sentinel in 2

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The charge ability is only in 2 and 3, I'm probably going Adept in the first game and then maybe Sentinel in 2

Man I'm so confused. Looked up a playthrough of the new edition and they picked vanguard, skipped to their skills screen and it's just got pistols and shotgun. I was fully sure you could charge in ME1. Does make my choice easier to pick Vanguard now but i wonder how 'use any weapon' works, is it just a case you can't level up any weapons outside your class so anyone bar soldier will be **** at AR's?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

A lot reviews scores up just don't know how they reviewed 3 RPGS in 3 days ��

Man I'm so confused. Looked up a playthrough of the new edition and they picked vanguard, skipped to their skills screen and it's just got pistols and shotgun. I was fully sure you could charge in ME1. Does make my choice easier to pick Vanguard now but i wonder how 'use any weapon' works, is it just a case you can't level up any weapons outside your class so anyone bar soldier will be **** at AR's?
    Yeah I think that's the gist of it

• Advertisement

I could easily stay up playing this all night but work in the morn so good t be a boring responsible adult. ME 1 looks a lot better than i remember, still janky though but not as janky as the original. Spent a lot of time in the photo mode already, can't wait to see the kind of shots i can get in 3.

Weird having all weapons available from the start but i did feel me pistol was quite powerful thanks to my Vanguard talents so b the inventive is still there to use your class weapons. Nice balancing act.

This trilogy, all side missions and dlc is gonna be a long trek, gonna savour it, at least i can't have the story spoiled so in no rush to get through it. Just finished Eden Prime and loving it all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Bought mine off the US PSN, so have to wait 2 more hours to play. I'd say though I'll probably have to wait until my next days off next week to get into it. Will be working 12/13 hour shifts over the next 3 days. The joys of being a restaurant manager :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I could easily stay up playing this all night but work in the morn so good t be a boring responsible adult. ME 1 looks a lot better than i remember, still janky though but not as janky as the original.
    I'm playing the 360 version on my One X so I'll just have to see how I get on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Thought i'd be able to play this morning, but the pc version doesn't unlock till 4pm for some stupid ****ing reason :mad:

• Advertisement

Just checked stock levels in Limerick if anyone is buying physical copies. Smyths have loads for 65. Both Argos and Gamestop have none, very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Anyone know how long it takes for Smyths to have an order ready for collection after order confirmation? I remember before the lockdown it was within minutes but I have been waiting a while already

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Had a quick go at Mass Effect 1, and the gun play feels a lot better than what I remember on the 360.

The graphics are nice and crisp and frame rate was excellent as well. You can see that is an older game, but the work they done it, is really very good.

I hope they bring this level of effort to the next Mass Effect game. The original trilogy is something special.

Will probably try the 1440p 120 fps mode next and see how that runs.

Markitron wrote: »
    Anyone know how long it takes for Smyths to have an order ready for collection after order confirmation? I remember before the lockdown it was within minutes but I have been waiting a while already

Any update on this? I placed a click and collect with gamestop 5 hours ago. Rang them there and they still haven't received the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 TheGoatOne

I ordered from Smyths in Cork last night around 10pm and got the ready for collection email first thing this morning at half 8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

55 euros from CD Keys. Its the UK version but I presume should be easily redeemable on Irish account. Anyone confirm if they've redeemed UK codes before without vpn?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

skerry wrote: »
    55 euros from CD Keys. Its the UK version but I presume should be easily redeemable on Irish account. Anyone confirm if they've redeemed UK codes before without vpn?

No you will likely need to buy an eu key not UK cd keys usually says it once you go into buying the game, from what I can see both are available on cd keys

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Kiith wrote: »
    Thought i'd be able to play this morning, but the pc version doesn't unlock till 4pm for some stupid ****ing reason :mad:

Yeah becoming the norm with pc releases they release later in the day our time as they are global releases while consoles tend to do timezone releases.

Dave1711 wrote: »
    No you will likely need to buy an eu key not UK cd keys usually says it once you go into buying the game, from what I can see both are available on cd keys

Sound, I didnt even look if there was a EU version at that price, just followed a hduk link. 57 euro isn't bad for the amount of content. Might pick it up when I get home if I'm feeling frisky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

skerry wrote: »

Ouch, must be very popular, I got it for €42 last week.

• Advertisement

Tried to have a quick game during lunch and it kept crashing :mad:. Decided to reinstall. Will check after work if that fixes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Can you change appearance later on in the game? Was messing around with the creator and went with a black male Shepard but don’t know if I’ll stick with him or revert to the original.

Cina wrote: »
    Ouch, must be very popular, I got it for €42 last week.

Was that for and EU code or another region?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Can you change appearance later on in the game? Was messing around with the creator and went with a black male Shepard but don’t know if I’ll stick with him or revert to the original.

You might be able to change his appearance when you start the 2nd game, but thats about it.

Maybe console commands if you're on the PC.

Man i forgot the citadel was so boring in ME1, huge improvement in 2 and 3. Saying that, i forgot how quick you recruit Garrus, Wrex and Tali. Sorry Ash and Kaiden, your services will no longer be required.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

wes wrote: »
    Tried to have a quick game during lunch and it kept crashing :mad:. Decided to reinstall. Will check after work if that fixes it.

I did read something in passing that people with wireless headsets might experience crashes. There's something on the subreddit that might help you out if it's the case, I think.

Kiith wrote: »
    You might be able to change his appearance when you start the 2nd game, but thats about it.

Maybe console commands if you're on the PC.

Balls, played the first hour so far but really don’t think the voice suits my Shepard so will prob start again. Be nice if they gave a few voice options.

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Balls, played the first hour so far but really don’t think the voice suits my Shepard so will prob start again. Be nice if they gave a few voice options.

Any time i tried to make a custom shep, he/she always came out like a mutant so i stick to the default now as they were actually modelled after really people. Make Shep is a bit of a jock but suits the voice at least.

Any time i tried to make a custom shep, he/she always came out like a mutant so i stick to the default now as they were actually modelled after really people. Make Shep is a bit of a jock but suits the voice at least.

Yeah I went with the default Shep when I first played these, I usually stick with the default in games anyway but was having a look through the hairstyles and liked the look of the cornrows one so made a fairly decent looking Shep. But the voice not matching the face would wreck my head for 3 whole games :pac:

• Advertisement

I did read something in passing that people with wireless headsets might experience crashes. There's something on the subreddit that might help you out if it's the case, I think.

Ah that would explain it. First time I played I didn't use my headset. Thanks, will check reddit.

Advertisement