Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect Trilogy remastered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Im sure someone has already asked this many times but..... Is it worth picking this up and playing if you have already played the games previously?

Now I didn't play the first game so that aside but two and three i played years ago and actually really enjoyed!

So I haven't really looked into many reviews or what's changed but I am tempted to start over and play them all again. Is it worth it though ? Do the three games hold up have they aged well? Has much been changed in the remasters themselves?

1 would be the weakest of the 3 but seeing as you can play all 3 together i would recommend all of them. The visual upgrades really help it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's annoying how late on you get Legion as a squadmate in ME2. It's my fault though because I like saving the crew so I can only play one or two missions with him.

On my renegade run I'm getting the Reaper IFF early on. Kelly and the rest can melt.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Im sure someone has already asked this many times but..... Is it worth picking this up and playing if you have already played the games previously?

Now I didn't play the first game so that aside but two and three i played years ago and actually really enjoyed!

So I haven't really looked into many reviews or what's changed but I am tempted to start over and play them all again. Is it worth it though ? Do the three games hold up have they aged well? Has much been changed in the remasters themselves?

Absolutely. I've played the trilogy multiple times and I've just started 3 and just loving it. Usually I've had to take a break between games but just going from one to another with this, pure joy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Another decent ME3 mod, the usual essential FoV fixes but it also has a fair amount of gameplay and combat tweaks on the main version so you might want to have a careful read to see if it's too much for you or not. I've found it removes a lot of time wasters in combat (your team are actually useful now) and then other elements like system scanning etc.
    https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffectlegendaryedition/mods/102?tab=description

I managed to glitch Tali's visor off, can replicate it during the suicide mission walk. Position her behind your biotic and go into photomode.

https://twitter.com/Sheehy_83/status/1400228957698637832?s=19

• Advertisement

They updated the photo you get of her without her mask. A stock image being used for Tali's face was one of the first gaming outrages I became aware of!

Dont you see her face in 3 anyway?

Vicxas wrote: »
    Dont you see her face in 3 anyway?

On a photo at the very end but apparently they can't use that image anymore so was replaced.

Couldn't get into this back in the day. Played a few hours of ME1 and ME2 according to steam. Tempted by this but also wary that I'll get bored and drop it like I did before.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

These days, I'd watch a video on ME1 for the story you want, do the comic interactive yoke - and then start with ME2. It's a better game and you avoid what many don't like about ME1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anyone else find ME2 a lot darker than 1? I’ve tried messing around with the calibration settings but it doesn’t make much difference. Had no problems with the first game.

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Anyone else find ME2 a lot darker than 1? I’ve tried messing around with the calibration settings but it doesn’t make much difference. Had no problems with the first game.

Yupp, same, i tried increasing brightness but was still very dark in places.

I forgot how many side quests there are in 3. My second trip to the Citadel has me going between floors like a yoyo solving little issues in the hopes of some war assets. At least the galaxy map is far easier to understand as far as where quests are. Also, it's quick and easy to search clusters for resources. I believe you get locked out of side stuff quicker in this game than the other 2 so want to clean up as much as i can before moving onto priority stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I've got two missions to Tuchanka coming up and an delighted at the prospect of seeing an old friend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

fixXxer wrote: »
    I've got two missions to Tuchanka coming up and an delighted at the prospect of seeing an old friend :)

If it is your first time playing, make sure you do the two other missions before doing the main genophage one.

Trying to think, is there a female Salarian in the game? I know they introduced a female Turian and Krogan but I can't recall a Salarian.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

J. Marston wrote: »
    Trying to think, is there a female Salarian in the game? I know they introduced a female Turian and Krogan but I can't recall a Salarian.

They're not that distinct. The Salarian council member is female IIRC.

Gbear wrote: »
    They're not that distinct. The Salarian council member is female IIRC.

Ah, that's right. The Dalatrass.

ME:2 finished, Miranda romanced (of course) now to rail Tali in ME:3

Markitron wrote: »
    If it is your first time playing, make sure you do the two other missions before doing the main genophage one.

There's grunts loyalty and rescuing Mordins student. Is the Geniphage separate to Mordins rescue mission?

Markitron wrote: »

There's grunts loyalty and rescuing Mordins student. Is the Geniphage separate to Mordins rescue mission?

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    ME:2 finished, Miranda romanced (of course) now to rail Tali in ME:3

You can do that? I thought Tali tells you get lost if you get with Miranda. I remember Kasumi has a line like "Really Shepard? In the engine room? Where Tali works..."

Edit: On that topic, from the Mass Effect reddit :pac:

kgchlhg104371.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

fixXxer wrote: »

Ah sorry, I thought you meant Mass Effect 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Mordin is probably the perfect example of what a Salarian should be in that he thinks fast and he talks fast. His voice actor in ME2 did a fantastic job of capturing that, whereas a lot of Salarians just have high-pitched voices and tend to talk slower, Michael Beattie got the right combination of speed and pitch to give his character the right feel. A shame he didn't return for ME3.

I'm about 15 hours into ME3 now. The first was a great start storywise but lacking in gameplay, it was kinda hard to get through on this run but again the story saves it. 2 is a much better game but sidelines the main story too much on it's own, as a prequel to 3 it's great though. 3 however is just the pinnacle of both, absolutely loving this replay especially since I missed out on so many of the DLCs for the series over the years. I just did the Omega one for the first time and it's some of the best content in the game imho.
    I also had a new interaction with Conrad Werner I don't remember from playing on release - it's interesting that they went to the lengths of addressing the ME2 bug where he always acts as if you went Renegade and put the gun in his face (unless you fix it with a mod) by joking about it in ME3 where he apologises for thinking that and knows you didn't do it ... but at the same time they didn't fix that bug in the legendary release O_o

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Spooch

What class should I aim for my first insanity run of ME1? Been so long now since I played it I can't remember which one gave me a hard time

For ME3, there's trophy to upgrade a gun to level 10 but you can only use to level 5 and then 10 on a 2nd playthrough. Bit crap they didn't remove that but should be an easy one of you upgrade a starting gun so you can do it asap on 2nd playthrough.

About to head to Tuchanla next. The feels are already kicking in!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Finished the Suicide Mission in ME2, then right after that I explored the Normandy Crash Site to place the monument. It feels poetic to do leave it till the end of the mission. You've finally defeated the collectors and gave your old crew a memorial service to honor them. My way of saying I've avenged them.

TTTHHHAAAAANNNNNEEEEEEEE
    3 replays of ME3 now and it still gets me.

I seduced Ashley in ME:1 and she bollocked me for doing the no pants dance with Miranda in ME:2

Thats some nice consistency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭McFly85

Finished ME 2 this morning and have jumped into 3. About an hour in and gameplay wise the shooting feels much better again! Absolutely loving playing through these, I have no idea why I skipped them when they first came out. I’m already a bit sad I’m on the last one and it’ll all be over soon, but it makes me feel better knowing I can just start them again being a complete b@stard next time :)

Advertisement