Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect Trilogy remastered

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Decent bit into ME1 now. Really enjoying it. Been so long since I played it that thankfully I've forgotten a lot of the story beats. Feels fresh again. Think I'll try mop up any important side quests this evening and push on with the story. Game looks really fresh, looking forward to seeing how good 2 and 3 look with the upgrades.

Not sure if it's the improvements to movement or what but the game seems a lot easier than I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

It's probably because it is running at 60 fps, as opposed to the 20 ish fps the original ran at. The controls are much improved in general too.

Finished ME1. What a game, as great as I remember it to be and then some with the upgrades to the gameplay and controls. I spent some time doing the more important side quests but didn't try 100% it or anything. Intentionally made different decisions than first play through to see how they play out.

Mako isn't as bad as I remember but still not great. A lot of the off-world side missions are very copy and paste and definitely a low point in the game but once the story gathers pace its epic stuff right to the end. They must have hired the same architect for every underground facility in the galaxy cos their all the exact same layout.

I think I accidentally started as a Soldier. Don't remember seeing class select option at the start at all. Was a fun play though though and maxing out assault and sniper rifles is lots of fun. Didn't bother using shotguns as I don't see many situations where they are beneficial. Pretty sure I had biotic abilities in my first playthrough but can't remember.

Downloading ME2 now. Not sure whether to jump straight in or give it a small break in case I get ME burnout.

Any suggestions on a fun class for ME2? Went Infiltrator on original play through. I've started with Vanguard and I'm about an hour in but not sold on it yet. Its a big change from sniping. I've never went full Adept but squad mates often fill that role so I'm not sure about it

Stick with Vanguard. Once it is powered up and you mix in Biotic powers it becomes insanely fun. Exploding like a Torpedo into a group of enemies before slowing down time and finishing them off with a shotgun is one of the most satisfying things to do in that game.

• Advertisement

Cool, I'll stick with Vanguard so and see how it develops once I level up a bit more

I wish I read this thread before I started playing.

I'm about 15 hours into ME2 as a soldier, and enjoying it, but I do love an aul bit of sniping, and vanguard sounds fun.

Infiltrator is your man for sniping as far as I recall. Has cloaking ability that you can use to get good positions and snipe away. Soldier should be pretty good for sniping too, at least he was in ME1. Vanguard is more in your face kind of class which is total opposite of what I usually go for. Still trying to get to grips with it

Post edited by skerry on

If you are playing on higher difficulties, the Vanguard is next to useless. On default difficulties it is ridiculously fun. That goes for ME2 and ME3.

Maybe I'll try it for ME3. I'm just there for the stories really so never play hard settings.

I'd be unlikely to playthrough again to experience another class. Is it possible to save a load of side quests for when you finish the main story and play them as a different class?

• Advertisement

Not that I am aware of. ME2 and ME3 really are different games on the higher difficulties and well worth a replay. You have to be careful about your class, upgrade path, loadouts and team mate choices. Choosing a Vanguard on ME2's insane difficulty will be a VERY different experience than choosing a sentinel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

While these might be good remasters of what was there it doesn't do anything for the gameplay.

After finishing 1,which by the end was a bit of a slog due to the basicness of the gameplay,I decided to take a break before starting 2 this week and man it's tough going sometimes.

Granted the story is better than your average tripe delivered in games but the gameplay is just so repetitive and boring. One of the absolute most annoying thing about 2 is the fact shep wants to hug any wall you drift close to while sprinting,so annoying.

Loot is no better than the first game,I think research just doesn't really add anything to the game. Granted I'm glad I don't have to trudge through full inventories like ME1 but it's very uninspired. Same goes for the perk system or squad stats,it's just a bunch of numbers. +10% level 1,+20% level 2 type stuff.

Yeah being a bit picky givin it's age but it's just I've heard so many say its the best game series ever made. Maybe if I'd played at the time.

I was hoping the gameplay would be much better in 2 but my hope is now shifted to hoping its better in 3

Finished 2 the other night,a few hours into 3 now. The difference between how the game plays in 3 compared to 2 is night and day thankfully. Movement and general combat is soooo much better.

2 was so up and down,parts of the story I really enjoyed but man I found the game play tough to get past at points. Finished it 100% star map and no missions left at all so think I hit everything.

Wtf is it the last boss though? Like it just looks stupid,I couldn't stop laughing when had to take it on,state of it:D

Decided to play Vanguard in 3 after play soldier in 1 and infiltrator in 2,feels great. Zipping around wrecking things with the shotgun. I'll probably never play 1 or 2 ever again but can already see why people still play 3

Finished the 3rd game the other day,overall enjoyed the Trilogy.

Gameplay wise 1 is rough,2 is better but ME 3 is quite enjoyable game I have to say.

Story was good,was happy enough with the endings. Repeated the last mission pf 3 a couple times to see them all.

Is there different endings in 3 in the LE compared to what was in game originally anyone know? Just I know there was a lot of complaints originally about the endings but I thought what I played was ok. In fact the boss at the end of 2 was probably the silliest thing in the series for me.

Played on hardcore in ME2 and 3 and normal on 1 and used two mods for all the games,90 degree fov and unlimited sprint.

Was originally thinking I might play andromeda after but I think I'm a little burnt out now on Mass Effect so I'll give it awhile.

Advertisement