Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect Trilogy remastered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Kiith wrote: »
    ME3 multiplayer was the stupidest idea ever...until it wasn't, and was absolutely brilliant. I'll happily say i was completely wrong when they announced it.

Shame its not coming back, but i wasn't really expecting it.

I think a lot of people expected a repeat of Dead Space 2's EA-mandated multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

One way to guarantee additional sales for Mass Effect 4: the return of the much-loved multiplayer experience of ME3 in the all new Mass Effect.

I wouldn't be surprised. It is EA, after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

RopeDrink wrote: »
    God, what is it with game companies not recognizing the good things they still have, especially when they involve active servers and constant activity throughout all these years.
    The problem will be on the console side. The online infrastructure on both platforms has changed considerably since those games were first released and the work required to refactor their implementation in UE3 to support them will likely have been deemed not worth it.

Kiith kind of nailed the reaction to it too, it was fascinating to watch the reaction to it change over time and while I'm still not a fan of how it tied into the Galactic Readiness rating in the story and the mixed messaging as to the extent it was required in order to get any particular ending, I have to admit I enjoyed my admittedly limited time with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility that there's a plan for a f2p micro transaction MP mode to release along side the future game.

Kiith wrote: »
    ME3 multiplayer was the stupidest idea ever...until it wasn't, and was absolutely brilliant. I'll happily say i was completely wrong when they announced it.

Shame its not coming back, but i wasn't really expecting it.

There were a load of MP modes added to generally SP games around that time.

A lot of publisher trying to fight off trade ins, but a good few of them turned out to be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya bollox, I thought this was about a delay :D. Then reading the article, they say it is a March release date which is obviously wrong. That statue is absolutely savage!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Ya bollox, I thought this was about a delay :D. Then reading the article, they say it is a March release date which is obviously wrong. That statue is absolutely savage!

You can't even buy the statue and legendary cache together to split the postage on them - if you buy them off the Bioware site you have to pay 75euro (iirc) per item.

I was close to justifying it, but that amount on top put me off. Plus, I assume, import charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

There's always Etsy, there's an awful lot of folks out there with 3d printers.

EA Play still has its new offer of 1 euro for first month until 9th march. I got it even though i was a member before, got ME trilogy preorder then for 63 euro with the discount.

https://twitter.com/EAPlay/status/1367508423743569935?s=19

Blog breakdown of the rebalancing, tuning and mechanical improvements.

Interesting, Galactic readiness in the 3rd game is impacted by playing ME 1 & 2 now. If you just play 3, you'll have to play just about everything in it to get a good rating. All weapons open to all classes now thankfully and trophies retweaked to span all games.

https://www.ea.com/games/mass-effect/mass-effect-legendary-edition/news/gameplay-calibrations?utm_campaign=mele_hd_ww_ic_soco_twt_me-gameplay-fb&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cid=68230&ts=1617725451646&isLocalized=true

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Most of those changes make sense to me, hopefully it all comes together into a great package

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I actually hope I'm still in lockdown here in the North when this gets released. I work in a restaurant/bar and if I'm back to work I'll never find the time to play! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

B
    Interesting, Galactic readiness in the 3rd game is impacted by playing ME 1 & 2 now. If you just play 3, you'll have to play just about everything in it to get a good rating. All weapons open to all classes now thankfully and trophies retweaked to span all games.

I played a lot of MP so galactic readiness became pretty trivial early on, but I do remember that there were a fair few things that already carried over - stuff like saving the colonists at Feros (they become an elite psychically linked assault force), your interactions with that fanboy guy who pretends to be commander Shepard carries over, there's obviously the Rachni thing, although that gets jumbled up in game 3 again, I think Major Kirrahe is a war asset if he survives, and so forth.

They might've weighted them a little higher but it mostly sounds like they're making up for cutting the MP component.

I had some kind of distant hope that there was some half-finished content for ME3 during the assault on Earth that was cut from the final release, and we might see it in this. There was apparently some Geth audio in the game files, which indicated some battles where you fight alongside Geth, but seemingly that's as much as there was, as it doesn't sound like they've added anything to the somewhat anaemic ending (even before you get to the beacon that transports you to the Citadel).

That ign video is well worth a watch, ME 1 is looking really good!

I wonder will we get an answer to that at all. Maybe live service takes support and they are concentrating on the next ME and Dragon Age. They really need both games to pull it out of the bag and they know it, maybe they just don't want to spare resources to the multiplayer, as awesome as it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Good to see the changes appear positive, although I won't be watching any of them, gonna save all that sweetness for myself! Seems to be shaping up to be an actual proper upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Glico Man wrote: »
    I actually hope I'm still in lockdown here in the North when this gets released. I work in a restaurant/bar and if I'm back to work I'll never find the time to play! :pac:

Glad to see I'm not the only one with that selfish thought!

I want to delve into this for two weeks straight. Cannot wait to get stuck into ME2 again.

I remember having to play that awful mobile game to get my galactic readiness up, this is despite having a 100% save file for the first two games and doing everything in ME3. I am glad they are changing how that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Won't lie when I clicked on this thread I was expecting a delay given the year this is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

ERG89 wrote: »
    Won't lie when I clicked on this thread I was expecting a delay given the year this is.

This isnt 2020, this is 2020.... lite

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

This is something to look forward to. For some reason this series totally passed me by first time round.

weiland79 wrote: »
    This is something to look forward to. For some reason this series totally passed me by first time round.

I legit envy you. Despite the facelift it will still feel a bit old and creaky here and there but it is still a phenomenal series.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I have to say, I'm not particularly sold on the graphics. ME never looked very good, so they seem more to have brought them up to the standard that should've been expected from a game at the time of release, rather than looking particularly modern.

Certainly a good time to play them for the first time though. Getting all the DLC bundled is worth the hassle on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Gbear wrote: »
    I have to say, I'm not particularly sold on the graphics. ME never looked very good, so they seem more to have brought them up to the standard that should've been expected from a game at the time of release, rather than looking particularly modern.

Certainly a good time to play them for the first time though. Getting all the DLC bundled is worth the hassle on its own.

I agree i was a little underwhelmed by the graphics as you say these games were never about the graphics but they seem to have decided on a par level of graphics. Surely they could have went all "crysis" on this and really turned up the dial considering the age of the games and the hardware now available.

jones wrote: »
    I agree i was a little underwhelmed by the graphics as you say these games were never about the graphics but they seem to have decided on a par level of graphics. Surely they could have went all "crysis" on this and really turned up the dial considering the age of the games and the hardware now available.

They said they wanted to keep the engine upgrade for the next mass effect which is fair enough. Next ME is far enough away, wouldn't want it pushed back even further due to making the trilogy nicer looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Advertisement

Advertisement