Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carshare from Celbridge to Greenogue Business Park

Options
  • 31-01-2015 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi. I'm living in Celbridge and will be starting a job in Greenogue business park. The hours will be 8:30 to 5. I was wondering if there is anybody from Celbridge working in that direction who would be willing to carshare.
    I would have no problem doing the hour and a half journey using public transport but unfortunately that option would not get me there by 8:30.
    Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Jostef wrote: »
    Hi. I'm living in Celbridge and will be starting a job in Greenogue business park. The hours will be 8:30 to 5. I was wondering if there is anybody from Celbridge working in that direction who would be willing to carshare.
    I would have no problem doing the hour and a half journey using public transport but unfortunately that option would not get me there by 8:30.
    Thank you.

It is only about 5 miles, so you could cycle?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Jostef

It is only about 5 miles, so you could cycle?

Yes, it is very close, but apart from the fact that I haven't cycled in about 30 years, I don't think that road is particularly safe for cycling. If there was a cycle lane all the way I would definitely give that a shot.
    Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,970 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I have cycled it a number of times and yes i would agree its not particularly safe to cycle. However that said, If you dressed appropriately wear reflective gear and have all your lights on it is a plus. The journey is very short and there isnt incredibly heavy traffic so pollution isnt a concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Jostef

listermint wrote: »
    I have cycled it a number of times and yes i would agree its not particularly safe to cycle. However that said, If you dressed appropriately wear reflective gear and have all your lights on it is a plus. The journey is very short and there isnt incredibly heavy traffic so pollution isnt a concern.

I've given the cycling option a lot of consideration but have definitely decided against that......I wish I was braver.......ah well. It's incredible how close it is and how hard it is to get to. It would be a reat little business idea for somebody to set up a minibus service between Celbridge and Newcastle/Rathcoole/Citywest. I'm sure there are many people in my situation.
    Thank you for your suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I have cycled the Celbridge to Newcastle road hundreds of times... it is one of the safest roads around. It is mostly long straight sections which leaves you visible to drivers, it is also well surfaced and wide for a regional road.

• Advertisement
Advertisement