Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What font is this

Options
  • 31-01-2015 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Does anyone know what font is used by the faststone capture . It is at top left of faststone dot org. I want it with white in the middle, is that called an open font or an outline font

i am not copying them i assume it is an available font not specific to faststone

Can fonts be downloaded free and free of adware etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

looks like a shadow in background

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

It's a drawing.
    Looks like it started off as text in Sans Bold font.
    It's had a bevel or similar 3d effect and a drop shadow applied in a graphics program.

If you wanted to quickly draw something, with a white centre, similar quickly and cheaply, you could use the gimp art program http://www.gimp.org/

Write in the text you want using the text tool. Then apply Filters > Alpha to Logo > chrome filter.

Or muck around with others, to give your website a '90s look to it. ;)

Advertisement