Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phishing scam?

Options
  • 01-02-2015 1:14am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It's after midnight and I have just received a text from "BOI"telling me to contact BOI Credit Card security at 01/48854466 or to dial customer service and choose option 1 then 4. I am slow to ring the number listed above.
    Can anyone validate this number/alert?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Junglewoman

It's after midnight and I have just received a text from "BOI"telling me to contact BOI Credit Card security at 01/48854466 or to dial customer service and choose option 1 then 4. I am slow to ring the number listed above.
    Can anyone validate this number/alert?
    That's an 8 digit no....should be 7 if it is 01 for Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi byhookorbycrook,

Thanks for getting in touch.

The correct number for the Credit Card Security Team is 01 4885466. If you are ever in doubt of the authenticity of a number you are requested to call, we would always recommend calling one of our main published numbers, such as 0818 365 365, and a representative can check this for you. 

You're always welcome to raise the query here or on any of our other social channels, Facebook or Twitter. If you need a quick answer outside our hours of support here on Boards.ie, our Twitter Team are available 24/7.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement