Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaelic football in Kilkenny???

Options
  • 01-02-2015 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi so I know it's not the number one sport but do clubs play juvenile football in kk or is it all hurling? Pondering a move to just outside the city (from Dublin with thriving academy gaa for kids) but I'd really like my kids to keep playing football (and hurling).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Yes there is juvenile Football in kilkenny, most hurlers use it as a way to keep fit once the hurling has ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Deathwish4

From my experience, there will be nothing structured in terms of Gaelic Football training. The underage teams will train maybe once or twice ahead of the championship, then train the odd night the further into the championship they go.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭nootroc

The kids may do a bit in primary school

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Mankbag

Chah wrote: »
    Hi so I know it's not the number one sport but do clubs play juvenile football in kk or is it all hurling? Pondering a move to just outside the city (from Dublin with thriving academy gaa for kids) but I'd really like my kids to keep playing football (and hurling).

If your children are of primary school age they'll get to play football in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 EH78

Hows it goin Chah, congrats on the move to Kilkenny, hope it works out.
    I am involved in Ladies Gaelic Football in Kilkenny City, if you want can pass on my number to you, we have teams up to Minor at the moment.

E

• Advertisement
Advertisement