Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

I just found that scene where Sharon opened a 10 year old's private message off his "sister" ridiculous. Why would she do that.

Its called been a nosy

Ah no Cindy left the show for good :( she is great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Its called been a nosy

Ah no Cindy left the show for good :( she is great

it was completely out of character and a terrible concoction of a scene just to release the truth. It was believable that cindy might send it to a point but not that a 55 year old woman would open a young kids private messages. silly concocted plot device.

Also apparently Mimi Keane has left permanently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,360 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It is a shame she has left, good character and actress

booooooooooooo :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Alice1

What happened when Les's wife and grandson came back to find Les crying about her never returning? I missed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

it was completely out of character and a terrible concoction of a scene just to release the truth. It was believable that cindy might send it to a point but not that a 55 year old woman would open a young kids private messages. silly concocted plot device.

Sharon is 44/45 not 55.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

The way in which Cindy went from being a devoted mother, to giving up her child without a second thought and eventually leaving the country without even mentioning her daughter was really bizarre writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Alice1 wrote: »
    What happened when Les's wife and grandson came back to find Les crying about her never returning? I missed it.

Les rang yer one (I dont know her name) and asked her to come over, she saw that he was drinking so she took the bottle off him then minutes later she had a whiskey with him when he started crying and she hugged him Pam walked in, a three year old could have wrote it:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I just found that scene where Sharon opened a 10 year old's private message off his "sister" ridiculous. Why would she do that.

I said exactly the same thing to my other half. Who the hell would be so nosy as to open someone else's email, especially when you're the guest?!
    The recipient would know you read it anyway because it would be marked as read!
    Baffling.

Can't take much more of Abi and her only expression; frowning.
    She's happy; she frowns.
    She's upset; she frowns.
    She's confused; she frowns.
    Woeful actress.

• Advertisement

Eastenders getting rid of all its good Characters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Eastenders getting rid of all its good Characters

Yeah and the exit storylines have been flimsy and not not made much sense tbh. Liam makes a big deal about staying in Walford when his family are moving to Milton Keynes but then hops off to Germany at the drop of a hat. Cindy forced Ian and Jane to give Beth up so she wouldn't have to be around her,now she too has moved abroad without even a mention of the baby. Surely Ian and Jane could and should just get Beth back now? Won't happen tho coz that story's "over" now......they were supposedly heartbroken giving her away yet have never mentioned her since!
    And Lola didn't want to leave her job and her pops but eventually reluctantly agreed so that she and Jay could be together. Jay then gets arrested and Lola leaves anyway with Lexi even though she never wanted to go in the first place. Jays released a few hours later,a more or less free man with just a tag that means he has to stay in Walford for a few months which was the ideal situation for both of them!!! Yet she's alone in Newcastle where he wanted to go and he's alone in Walford where she wanted to stay!!!!!!????????? WTF??? Makes zero sense!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

MelanieC wrote: »
    Yeah and the exit storylines have been flimsy and not not made much sense tbh. Liam makes a big deal about staying in Walford when his family are moving to Milton Keynes but then hops off to Germany at the drop of a hat. Cindy forced Ian and Jane to give Beth up so she wouldn't have to be around her,now she too has moved abroad without even a mention of the baby. Surely Ian and Jane could and should just get Beth back now? Won't happen tho coz that story's "over" now......they were supposedly heartbroken giving her away yet have never mentioned her since!
    And Lola didn't want to leave her job and her pops but eventually reluctantly agreed so that she and Jay could be together. Jay then gets arrested and Lola leaves anyway with Lexi even though she never wanted to go in the first place. Jays released a few hours later,a more or less free man with just a tag that means he has to stay in Walford for a few months which was the ideal situation for both of them!!! Yet she's alone in Newcastle where he wanted to go and he's alone in Walford where she wanted to stay!!!!!!????????? WTF??? Makes zero sense!!

Why should Ian and Jane get Beth. They have no biological connection with her. Beth is with her father and grandfather, it makes zero sense that she would go back to Ian and Jane.

Lola was going to stay after Jay was arrested but she found out it was Billy who shopped Jay to the police. After being betrayed by the one person she trusts it makes sense she wouldn't want to hang around.

Why should Ian and Jane get Beth. They have no biological connection with her. Beth is with her father and grandfather, it makes zero sense that she would go back to Ian and Jane.

Lola was going to stay after Jay was arrested but she found out it was Billy who shopped Jay to the police. After being betrayed by the one person she trusts it makes sense she wouldn't want to hang around.

Beth's dad didn't want her and I don't think Bianca would be too chuffed to a young baby in her house plus even not blood related Ian and Jane doted on Beth

I can understand Lola being angry at Billy for shopping Jay to the police but Jay could take told the truth and not protected Ben and Lola could have moved out but still on the Square instead going by herself to a strange place with no family or job or home there only Dexter the prat and his mother, I am sure Phil would have taken Lola and Lexi in or helped for a flat for them, he was paying her wages to Dean

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Time to retire June and enjoy the the rest of her years, but she did say she cannot afford to retire lol must have some lifestyle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

Am I the only one bored with Kathy's return already?

Am I the only one bored with Kathy's return already?

I am just waiting for the writers to come up with a reasonable valid explanation why she faked her death leading her sons to believe she was dead (is there even one), I mean look at what happened to Ben since her "death"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

I am just waiting for the writers to come up with a reasonable valid explanation why she faked her death leading her sons to believe she was dead (is there even one), I mean look at what happened to Ben since her "death"

Yeah also why would she now be seeking help from Phil (who at the time of her "death" was a violent alcoholic). It makes no sense. Did Phil pay her off to fake her death?
    Seems a bit extreme to fake your death and give up your young son to his father in a different country unless there is a VERY good reason for it.

Can we assume she has been living under an alias for all these years.

Did Ian go to her funeral in South Africa at the time?

Why is she pretending she is dead? Fair enough if it was to get away from her new husband, Gavin, but it appears that she is still with him.

Has Phil been having regular contact with her since? How would she have his number etc over a decade later!

Will be interesting to see what happens. Surely Ian and Ben will turn on Phil as soon as they know their mother is still alive.

PS- I am aware that my comments may come across as very angry but I can assure you they're not :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

Exactly. 1 son was in prison for murder and she's a no show for that. Her other son's daughter is murdered and yet again she's a no show. But supposedly now she's back in town looking for Phil's help. This story line is going to go off on a boring protracted tangent, it's probably the Christmas cliff hanger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

tonight's episode felt very woman centric.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Ian looks more like Kathy ' s brother than her son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Anyone else think Les's secret is he's cross dressing. The other week he walked into Claudettes and started to take his tie off and she said "not now Les". He keeps saying its not sexual and Pam wouldn't understand. .. Either that or she's a dominatrix and that thought is giving me nightmares ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

piperh wrote: »
    Anyone else think Les's secret is he's cross dressing. The other week he walked into Claudettes and started to take his tie off and she said "not now Les". He keeps saying its not sexual and Pam wouldn't understand. .. Either that or she's a dominatrix and that thought is giving me nightmares ;-)

Ya I think someone else mentioned that here as well, that's its cross dressing. :):)

piperh wrote: »

thought that was fairly common knowledge. getting a bit boring though now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

thought that was fairly common knowledge. getting a bit boring though now.

It is? Oh dear.

So Pam & Les story was just him talking to Claudette after his son died?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

So Pam & Les story was just him talking to Claudette after his son died?

I still think there could be more, like he's cross dressing with her because he was like to Pam somethings are hard to say.:):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

If Les has just been talking to Claudette then Pam is being unreasonable.

You cannot tell Les to stop seeing her, if that was the other way around he would be called controlling.

• Advertisement

Any chance Les is into necrophilia :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement