Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Yeah but I don't think it is that simple though, and there are clearly many layers to Vincent.

And I'd say there's a difference between wanting a traitor out of the way, and being happy to have someone dead, particularly crushed in a car, someone you'd connected with, and knowing you played a part in them being killed horrificly.

layers..... the character is verging on one of the worst characters ive ever seen on Eastenders. Terrible actor and too many contradictions with his character. Kill him off already.

anyway horrible and unwarranted murder of Fatboy. So didnt suit his character's journey and was a grisly end to a character who brought more light moments than many over the years. Also sad he didn't have any final moments with characters like Tamwar and Denise. Stupid plot device to facilitate this annoying "Ronnie and Vincent are big bad gangsters" storyline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

I think Claudette engineered it, fats had no reason to try and make amends as she said as he was leaving anyway. She knew Ronnie was upto something with sending Vincent for ice, they should have Fats leave a msg on that phone Vincent was holding onto tightly saying Claudette sent him. Then Vincent could blame her.

On another note I'm so sick of Jsnes gurning and all the angst over Bobby, just end it all now please tell the bloody police, half the square knows already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,349 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lets hope Jack will visit Max and try help him get out and get Bobby and Beales done

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Yeah so sick of all the Bobby stuff now, and all the non-threats over calling the police. Either call the police or else end this sad excuse for a storyline once and for all.

I'm also really disappointed they wasted a Christmas death on a character like Fatboy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

It's got to the stage that not having a twist would be a twist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,745 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Anyone think that Claudette killed her husband, I can see Vincent killing her either for that or something else at some stage next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

Not sure where the Vincent's father story is going to be honest.

No doubt he will arrive just as Vincent is about to kill Phil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I'll tell you something; I was a lot sadder about Fatboy's death than I thought I would be.
    For most of the time, he was a non-character to me, but in recent months I thought he was coming into his own.
    Him being killed off was the wrong decision, IMO. They never really gave him a decent storyline during his time on the soap.
    It's a real pity he's gone now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Claudette knew Ronnie had ice in Albert fridge so why send Fatboy

I reckon Fatboy offered to do it so he could take Vincent's car.

• Advertisement

Poor Dot any family she gets is taken away how long till the next grandson turns up?

Don't forget Aflie has a Brain tumour selfish of him really to do nothing about it if he has kids

mada82 wrote: »
    Not sure where the Vincent's father story is going to be honest.

No doubt he will arrive just as Vincent is about to kill Phil.

Aunt Sal kinda insinuated Claudette was flighty so perhaps Eric or Archie or Gavin is Vincent's real papa, Vincent and Phil as brothers :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Aunt Sal kinda insinuated Claudette was flighty so perhaps Eric or Archie or Gavin is Vincent's real papa, Vincent and Phil as brothers :p

Remember Cora's daughter who she gave up for adoption, Ava, was black? I also wonder if Ava's father may have been Claudette's husband, so may be part of Claudette's and Cora's history.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I actually thought of this myself recently. I wouldn't put it past Eastenders tbh :rolleyes:

So Bobby goes to boarding school and that's it?

So Bobby goes to boarding school and that's it?

When was this shown? Was it last night's episode? Think I must have missed this.

When was this shown? Was it last night's episode? Think I must have missed this.

Yes it shown last night, Ian's solution to handle Bobby instead of the police

Yes it shown last night, Ian's solution to handle Bobby instead of the police

Thanks Liz, completely missed that.

Thanks Liz, completely missed that.

Ian was talking to a mate on the phone presumably a principal and his laptop had a boarding school webpage open which he showed Jane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

So either I somehow failed to record it or Eastenders wasn't on tonight? If it was on tonight, when will the episode be available on the RTE player please?

dee_mc wrote: »
    So either I somehow failed to record it or Eastenders wasn't on tonight? If it was on tonight, when will the episode be available on the RTE player please?

None tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

None tonight

Oh good! I was sure someone said it was on every night for the week so couldn't understand what had happened, thanks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

Ridiculous end for Fat Boy, I wasnt a big fan or anything but at least he had some moments of humour. The whole Ronnie Mitchell "tough" gangster type stuff is just pathetic at this stage. The Carl White story was one thing but it should have ended there and then. When will she get her comeuppance, I mean are we supposed to feel sorry for her? The character is total scum and has gotten rid of Fat Boy, Carl White and Charlie. Surely she will be killed off soon but then I see Jack Branning back so no doubt she will be kept around. Considering all the stuff thats happened with the Brannings in the last few years, to bring him back now when nearly all the family aren't around is just pointless.

I thought the above wasn't bad enough until I see Kat and Alfie back. I thought we would be rid of Kat Slater for good, shes awful just constant misery and its been done to death. The Bobby Beale thing is boring also, again its impossible to feel sympathy for Jane Ian or anyone involved. Have they forgot what they done to Max Branning? The only thing keeping me tuned in is drunk Phil Mitchell!

I feel with Eastenders there is alot of characters that should have been put out to pasture long ago especially some of the long term female ones, and many of their more interesting characters are killed off too quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I thought it was horrendous the way Fatboy was killed off. He wasn't my favourite character by all means but to die like that without anyone to know he's dead and to mourn him was tragic. He so didn't deserve that end! Poor Dot will think he just fecked off without saying goodbye.

Ann22 wrote: »
    I thought it was horrendous the way Fatboy was killed off. He wasn't my favourite character by all means but to die like that without anyone to know he's dead and to mourn him was tragic. He so didn't deserve that end! Poor Dot will think he just fecked off without saying goodbye.
    Yeah I didn't like that they done that to Dot particularly since the same thing happened with her and Charlie only months ago, and Ronnie was at fault there also...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ya I totally agree with u what u said about Ronnie, Peter Anthony, she's a discusting human being and the thing is she has a baby now that she longed for all along, u think she would be content with that instead she's going around getting involved in criminal activity putting her and her baby's life in danger.....she deserves to rot in prison....

I thought the above wasn't bad enough until I see Kat and Alfie back. I thought we would be rid of Kat Slater for good, shes awful just constant misery and its been done to death.

I feel with Eastenders there is alot of characters that should have been put out to pasture long ago especially some of the long term female ones, and many of their more interesting characters are killed off too quickly.

Kat and Alfies return is just a short term appearance to facilitate the plot of
    Charlie Slaters death
    , A character like him deserves some family around in his final days.

But yeah, as i said straight after watching it that was a ridiculous, over the top and bordering on sick and twisted plot device killing an innocent and generally liked character to continue this terrible Vincent and Ronnie garbage. The show has really lost its way last seven or eight months.

by the reaction on Digital Spy, everyone has same reaction. Not one positive post about this whole debacle.

But yeah, as i said straight after watching it that was a ridiculous, over the top and bordering on sick and twisted plot device killing an innocent and generally liked character to continue this terrible Vincent and Ronnie garbage. The show has really lost its way last seven or eight months.

by the reaction on Digital Spy, everyone has same reaction. Not one positive post about this whole debacle.

I agree and Vincent is a rubbish gangster/hardman if that is his role. I could name 20 of the top of my head who are better. Some sort of tough guy who is controlled by his mother, constantly embarrassed by a drunken lout in Phil and also Ronnie. Pretty sure he was crying in the episode yesterday ffs :pac:

And I agree that the show has gone downhill the last 7-8 months. Charlie Cotton wasnt a great character but having him cheat with Roxy and then being disappeared by Ronnie was just ridiculous. The writing has just been poor really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Fatboy didn't even get a proper final scene with his last words, or get to die a hero. Just crushed in a car boot. Not fitting for the character. I was expecting him to stand up to vincent and then go out fighting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement