Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

The serial killer is back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

New Eastenders trailer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I thought dean was going to die??? Some good episodes over Christmas but didn't live up to my expectations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I was sure Dean was going to die, looks like they might be leaving the door open for a possible return in the future.

Nancy looked totally different with the hair down and wearing a dress, she's really good looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

foxy06 wrote: »
    I thought dean was going to die??? Some good episodes over Christmas but didn't live up to my expectations

No sure his contract is not up until middle of this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I feel cheated. Thought Dean was going to die tonight. Tonight's episodes weren't as good as I expected. Tuesday nights was much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Go Mick!!!!!!! :D

No, this was way more perfect than taking Alfie's suit.

no it wasn't. It was ridiculous.......like a mix of a straight-to-TV movie and Hollyoaks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,349 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Buster and Shirley still didn't apologise to Linda

no it wasn't. It was ridiculous.......like a mix of a straight-to-TV movie and Hollyoaks.

Yeah who cares. The whole point that I got was that he wasn't taking himself too seriously, and in that moment, given all that had happened, I think it's what they both needed, and was absolutely perfect.

• Advertisement

So Glenda knows Hubbards too

I cant believe Roxy gave Amy up so easy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So Glenda knows Hubbards too

I cant believe Roxy gave Amy up so easy

I'd say Jack having Amy is just an
    easy way to facilitate his more permanent return to the show.
    But yeah, how easily she left her behind was definitely very unrealistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Ronnies mum has some memory. She didn't even have to think twice about recalling specifics about Xmas day 1981. I can barely remember Xmas 2015.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Ronnies mum has some memory. She didn't even have to think twice about recalling specifics about Xmas day 1981. I can barely remember Xmas 2015.

Lying through her teeth me thinks....

Nancy Carter wore a dress for Mick and Linda’s wedding and the internet couldn’t cope

http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/01/nancy-carter-wore-a-dress-for-mick-and-lindas-wedding-and-the-internet-couldnt-cope-5596146/#ixzz3w24PWoZR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Another cheesy background music.

Being Alive is a beautiful song, I take offense to that. :D

ShazGV wrote: »
    Being Alive is a beautiful song, I take offense to that. :D

im on about the whole montage thing. It just isn't an Eastenders thing. In retrospect it worked though. Glad other characters were seen at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Nancy looked stunning in her dress she has come a long way from when she was getting married herself in a tracksuit in some kind of community hall and Mick went in and carried her out over his shoulder :D Jack said early on to Amy lets go to Dot to say goodbye but Amy or Jack weren't going anywhere this was before Ronnie told him to leave. What's with Whitney eyeing up Mick looking at his bare chest in the last few episodes I hope nothing happens between them. She just walked into Mick and Lindas' bedroom like it was her own at least babe is on to her :D

casio4 wrote: »
    Nancy looked stunning in her dress she has come a long way from when she was getting married herself in a tracksuit in some kind of community hall and Mick went in and carried her out over his shoulder :D Jack said early on to Amy lets go to Dot to say goodbye but Amy or Jack weren't going anywhere this was before Ronnie told him to leave. What's with Whitney eyeing up Mick looking at his bare chest in the last few episodes I hope nothing happens between them. She just walked into Mick and Lindas' bedroom like it was her own at least babe is on to her :D

I think Jack was going back to where ever he has been living to say goodbye to his daughter Penny and returning to Ronnie before she told them they wouldn't work again this time so maybe why he was going to say goodbye to Dot

Jack is back for good soon though

Mod edit:
    Spoiler tags please

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Thought tonight's episode was really well done. The montage at the end could easily have been a bit cheesy but they pulled it off. The music was well chosen; nothing X Factor-ish.

Nancy was looking smoking hot, practically unrecognisable.

New Eastenders trailer

New trailer has Kat banging on a door shouting 'You are my son!!' and has me wondering if it's someone who's on the Square currently... although there's very few springing out as posssibilities.

EDIT: Actually, she's shouting 'You took my son!!'... much more options with that...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Two very good episodes tonight, although disappointed Dean didn't die. It felt like the natural conclusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Looks like they might be going to have Whitney take a fancy to Mick, doubt anything will happen, I think he mad it clear to the writers that he doesn't want Mick to cheat.

Advice he could do with taking on board in real life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I know some people don't like all the twists, turns and surprises in EE lately but I bloody love them!

It's about time a soap surprised us when we weren't expecting it.
    For example, I never expected Don Gilet (Lucas) to actually make an appearance on-screen; I thought he'd just be mentioned when Denise went to visit.

I didn't expect Ronnie and Roxy's mother to come back and I certainly didn't expect the Dean and Mick lake scene.
    I love the unexpected turns in EE and it's why it's my fave soap.

Emmerdale could really take note; it's gone to the dogs and never has me gripped.

I laughed when Mick got married in his pink dressing gown and I thought Linda looked stunning.
    I thought Nancy would give her mother her dress when Linda's got ruined.

fussyonion wrote: »
    I know some people don't like all the twists, turns and surprises in EE lately but I bloody love them!

It's about time a soap surprised us when we weren't expecting it.
    For example, I never expected Don Gilet (Lucas) to actually make an appearance on-screen; I thought he'd just be mentioned when Denise went to visit.

I didn't expect Ronnie and Roxy's mother to come back and I certainly didn't expect the Dean and Mick lake scene.
    I love the unexpected turns in EE and it's why it's my fave soap.

Emmerdale could really take note; it's gone to the dogs and never has me gripped.

I laughed when Mick got married in his pink dressing gown and I thought Linda looked stunning.
    I thought Nancy would give her mother her dress when Linda's got ruined.

Fair play to you for avoiding the spoilers of the lake scene. They came out 3 months ago and have been all over every Web page, Facebook link, newspaper ever since! Even actors had interviews talking about them.

Likewise Lucas..

I thought getting married in the dressing gown was a step beyond the joke.

The twists are stupid. Stories are clearly made up as they go along in my opinion. In fact there are so many twists it becomes predictable that what seems obvious is not real and it takes the shock factor away when a twist does happen inevitably. So they aren't unexpected in the sense you expect them to happen in some way, shape or form.

They have gone overboard the last 6 months with the twists and that is why it's been criticised a lot whilst ED has been lauded and the latter will more than likely win most of the awards coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

I think Kat is either knocking on the room with Charlie is staying in, saying "you took my son" and that leads him to have a heart attack.

Or Jean

dogcat wrote: »
    I think Kat is either knocking on the room with Charlie is staying in, saying "you took my son" and that leads him to have a heart attack.

Or Jean
    Big Mo knew but Charlie didn't

dogcat wrote: »

Or Jean

I know that there's talk of Sean being Kat's son, but Sean's date of birth is listed online as December 1983, and Zoe's 1st February 1984.

When they originally brought Sean in now though, they wouldn't have been planning for this, so they could just re-write history with dates of birth.

That aside though, although there's a lot of Suspension of Reality with soaps, if Zoe and Sean were born the same day, I'd be surprised if Kat never thought it odd that Jean had a baby on the exact same day as she had Zoe. I know you wouldn't quite be like 'hold on, did I have a second baby I don't remember having, and is that him...' but still....

• Advertisement

I know that there's talk of Sean being Kat's son, but Sean's date of birth is listed online as December 1983, and Zoe's 1st February 1984.

When they originally brought Sean in now though, they wouldn't have been planning for this, so they could just re-write history with dates of birth.

That aside though, although there's a lot of Suspension of Reality with soaps, if Zoe and Sean were born the same day, I'd be surprised if Kat never thought it odd that Jean had a baby on the exact same day as she had Zoe. I know you wouldn't quite be like 'hold on, did I have a second baby I don't remember having, and is that him...' but still....

back then, especially when controversy surrounded the pregnancy and the convent was involved a pregnancy or elements of it such as dates of birth could easily be covered up. i'd imagine the Slaters decided two babies were far too big a burden to mind. Very highly likely Sean is the son. Jean raising a child that was born "two months after" Kats child is far too much a coincidence as is this whole key mystery and the fact that Stacy is the only Slater remaining for the whole next few months to "carry on" the story. ?I thought it could be the transvestite character but of course the baby was a son, wasn't he??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement