Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Also where has mo been all this time? Did they know about uncle Harry when Kat was pregnant? I thought it only came with the whole zoe "I ain't your sister, I'm your mother " storyline?

If I remember correctly, I think that it did only come out about what Harry did to Kat when Zoe found out Kat was her mother... but last night with Mo saying that 'Viv said she didn't want him turning out like his father. I didn't know what she meant then, but I do now' or something to that effect, it looks like Viv had known at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

If I remember correctly, I think that it did only come out about what Harry did to Kat when Zoe found out Kat was her mother... but last night with Mo saying that 'Viv said she didn't want him turning out like his father. I didn't know what she meant then, but I do now' or something to that effect, it looks like Viv had known at the time.

Yeah Viv definitely knew. Kat has spoken before about telling her mother and she didn't believe her.

Yeah Viv definitely knew. Kat has spoken before about telling her mother and she didn't believe her.

Thanks. Viv not believing her definitely rung a bell, but can't remember much beyond that as it's so far back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

I'm a bit confused about the whole Slater family tree.

Is Harry not the father of Kat, Jean, etc? If so why is he referred to as "uncle Harry" by Stacey? Is he not her grandfather??

And then there's "Mo" who seems to be an auntie of Kat / Jean etc but who's referred to as "nan" - ie their grandmother!!

Its no wonder the whole family is messed up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Jean is a slater only through marriage.
    Charlie is Stacey's uncle.
    Kat is Stacey's sister.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Jean is a slater only through marriage.
    Charlie is Stacey's uncle.
    Kat is Stacey's sister.

I dont think Kat and Stacey are sisters, I think they are cousins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Sorry meant to type cousin, wasn't paying attention.
    Viv and Charlie, kats parents
    Brian and Jean, Stacey's parents

fin12 wrote: »
    I dont think Kat and Stacey are sisters, I think they are cousins.

Charlie is Stacey's great-uncle, as Brian was his nephew. (looked this up recently online as I was confused by their relationship)

Which would, I think, make Kat and Stacey second-cousins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Coat22 wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused about the whole Slater family tree.

Is Harry not the father of Kat, Jean, etc? If so why is he referred to as "uncle Harry" by Stacey? Is he not her grandfather??

And then there's "Mo" who seems to be an auntie of Kat / Jean etc but who's referred to as "nan" - ie their grandmother!!

Its no wonder the whole family is messed up!

Charlie is Kat's dad, not Harry. Harry was his brother and he raped Kat, fathering Zoe and the "missing son".

Jean was married to Charlie's other brother (I think). Stacey and Kat are cousins.

Mo is Charlie's mother in law as far as I remember, so she's Kat's grandmother. I could never understand why Stacey calls her "Nan" coz from my understanding, they're not related..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Charlie is Stacey's great-uncle, as Brian was his nephew. (looked this up recently online as I was confused by their relationship)

Which would, I think, make Kat and Stacey second-cousins.
    Our posts clashed.
    Thanks for clarifying the Charlie-Brian relationship.

• Advertisement

Our posts clashed.
    Thanks for clarifying the Charlie-Brian relationship.

No worries.

I think I may have posted about Brian and Charlie being brothers earlier in the week then thought that didn't sound right so went investigating :D

Charlie is Kat's dad, not Harry. Harry was his brother and he raped Kat, fathering Zoe and the "missing son".

Jean was married to Charlie's other brother (I think). Stacey and Kat are cousins.

Mo is Charlie's mother in law as far as I remember, so she's Kat's grandmother. I could never understand why Stacey calls her "Nan" coz from my understanding, they're not related..

Thanks - I think this seems to the most logical (if there is any logic) answer!

I always confuse Harry & Charlie.

Was convinced Jean & Kath were supposed to be sisters.

I think Mo is Charlie's mother in law alright.

Whole thing is bizaare

Stacy playing a blinder with her stoyline acting all crazy, those slaters they are messed up arent they

Whole thing is bizaare

Yes, Mo is Viv's mother so Charlie's mother in law.

And Brian (Stacey's father) Charlie's nephew, so Charlie Stacey's great-uncle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

fussyonion wrote: »
    I'll be lambasted for this, but Stacey is annoying the hell out of me.
    It seems that the minute that baby was born, she'd gone mad.
    The way she had the baby in that sling thing..I kept thinking "Turn the child around, he'll get a crick in his neck!".

I hope Kat's son is a new character; I never liked Sean.

Baby is fine in that sling, no crick in the neck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

Whole thing is bizaare
    I was convinced Stacey and Kat were sisters, I'm pretty sure they refer to each other as sisters in the show to make matters more confusing. They arent even 1st cousins.....:pac:

Not really a fan of the Slaters anyway, the likes of Kat has run her course many years ago. Stacey is interesting if she didnt seem to have constant affairs. Would rather have seen Zoe come back than Kat.

Whole thing is bizaare

Kat's sisters are Belinda, Lynn and Maureen (Little Mo). They have all appeared in the show at various times.

EastEnders is on twice tonight on BBC1 - 7.30pm to 8.00pm and 8.30pm to 9.00pm.

EastEnders is on twice tonight on BBC1 - 7.30pm to 8.00pm and 8.30pm to 9.00pm.

Thank you :D

https://twitter.com/bbceastenders/status/685038231549800449

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Have to put it on mute when Stacey comes on, can't be listening to her.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Ann22 wrote: »
    I don't think Kat's son is a character we've met at all. Dunno why everyone suspects Sean.
    Nah. ..it'll be a new actor - a slouching, brooding and rebellious young man with a whole tub of Brylcreem in his fashionable sticky up hair and sporting a barely concealed self destructive streak.

I'd like if they went the opposite route, he's a well brought up, refined gent, thus creating the strong contrast with his trashy biological mother.

If anything, all I want is for them to create a more realistic impression of Ireland than they did last time around :rolleyes:

I'd like if they went the opposite route, he's a well brought up, refined gent, thus creating the strong contrast with his trashy biological mother.

If anything, all I want is for them to create a more realistic impression of Ireland than they did last time around :rolleyes:

Oooh yes they had to make an apology after they last visited Ireland with the Fowlers in 1997 so hopefully they have learned from that :)

I was convinced Stacey and Kat were sisters, I'm pretty sure they refer to each other as sisters in the show to make matters more confusing. They arent even 1st cousins.....:pac:

Not really a fan of the Slaters anyway, the likes of Kat has run her course many years ago. Stacey is interesting if she didnt seem to have constant affairs. Would rather have seen Zoe come back than Kat.

I was convinced that Kat and Jean were sisters but turns out Jean is not even a Slater but married to "Brian" who was what? Kats cousin? So all those years of them preaching on to Jean and putting up with her "issues" and she's not even remotely related to any of them!

I'd have gone mad too.

I was convinced that Kat and Jean were sisters but turns out Jean is not even a Slater but married to "Brian" who was what? Kats cousin? So all those years of them preaching on to Jean and putting up with her "issues" and she's not even remotely related to any of them!

I'd have gone mad too.

Sometimes people just care about and loce people regardless of being related to them and it's often nothing to do with 'putting up with' people's issues. I know I consider myself lucky by having such good friends who care a lot about me despite being mentally unwell.

Although in Jean's case she is remotely related to them, by being related through marriage.

And yes Brian was Kat's cousin.

Sometimes people just care about and loce people regardless of being related to them and it's often nothing to do with 'putting up with' people's issues. I know I consider myself lucky by having such good friends who care a lot about me despite being mentally unwell.

Although in Jean's case she is remotely related to them, by being related through marriage.

And yes Brian was Kat's cousin.

I was actually talking about Jean putting up with the Slaters rather than the other way around

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Double eastendera on BBC 1 today

Today 8:30 ep on BBC1 will be on tomorrow 8pm ep on RTE one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I don't suspect Sean at all after this week. Don't think anyone else does either do they really. It points to a new character in Ireland who Kat and Alfie will search for during the new series.

He was mentioned a few times as a possibility shortly before I posted that.

I was actually talking about Jean putting up with the Slaters rather than the other way around

No worries. saying 'all those years of them putting up with her issues", I'm sure you can imagine how it seemed you meant them putting up with Jean's issues rather than Jean putting up with the Slaters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,349 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was Brian a brother or nephew to Charlie?

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Was Brian a brother or nephew to Charlie?

Brian was Charlie's nephew

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement