Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Please fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Eh Martin, you might need to make a few phone calls there now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

BELINDA!!!!!

although Little Mo would be better!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Christ no-one locks their door on Walford Square do they, anyone can just walk in!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

fussyonion wrote: »
    What a fruitcake. Cant stand this storyline anymore.

I know it's not real but she's portraying a real illness and that's vile and nasty thing to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,349 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Shirley still after Phil

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

How much misery can they fit into a 30 minute show? The Slater misery show is too much for me. I still cant believe they brutally murdered Fat Boy, one of the only characters left with any sense of humour on the show. And the writing has gone to pot. Can't remember the last time I seen a witty line in an episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

BELINDA!!!!!

She looked like something out of Dynasty in that get up! :)

She looked like something out of Dynasty in that get up! :)

The last Belinda who was blonde was scatty and ditzy if I remember correctly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I can't remember Belinda at all, I take it she's Kat's sister and I remember Little Mo and Lynn(e), is she another one or is she Lynn(e)? Have we met her before? I've probably been watching on and off for about 6-8 years.

dee_mc wrote: »
    I can't remember Belinda at all, I take it she's Kat's sister and I remember Little Mo and Lynn(e), is she another one or is she Lynn(e)? Have we met her before? I've probably been watching on and off for about 6-8 years.

Other Belinda

belinda.jpg?w=620&h=347&crop=1

Same apparently she was in the show from 2001-2003, but in that time done very little of note. It seems a rather pointless return tbh
    Apparently she isn't back for long and it's a short guest stint, as is Kat and Alfies return

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The last Belinda who was blonde was scatty and ditzy if I remember correctly

same Belinda all the time. same actress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Thanks guys, she doesn't ring any bells, must've been before my time :)
    That was quite an entrance she made, pure drama!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Thanks guys, she doesn't ring any bells, must've been before my time :)
    That was quite an entrance she made, pure drama!

Yep, and even still, wouldn't recognise since she's been recast.

Plus she wasn't really a regular character first time round.

Other Belinda

This new actress I think played Martha in Hollyoaks (although I wasn't watching Oaks very regular at that point, so only kinda remember her from that)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

i think a storyline like Stacey's will divide people into two mindsets:

1) im so glad eastenders are highlighting this important issue of mental health in society, i love the way its being played out.

2) oh my god Stacey is off her head im sick of it already, this storyline is a ridiculous load of crap, the sooner it ends the better.

This new actress I think played Martha in Hollyoaks (although I wasn't watching Oaks very regular at that point, so only kinda remember her from that)

Yes she did and was also in Holby City

Robsweezie wrote: »

1) im so glad eastenders are highlighting this important issue of mental health in society, i love the way its being played out.

2) oh my god Stacey is off her head im sick of it already, this storyline is a ridiculous load of crap, the sooner it ends the better.

I think the issue is that they've gone down this road with Stacey going mental several times. Even her scene on the roof of the Vic has happened before ....:pac:

Shes also been sectioned before and its looking like that again.

• Advertisement

I think the issue is that they've gone down this road with Stacey going mental several times. Even her scene on the roof of the Vic has happened before ....:pac:

Well, at least it's realistic in her having repeat episodes, so not really an issue as such. .

Soaps have been criticised before when they have had characters be mentally unwell for a short period of time with it then practically forgotten about.

EDIT: It's also showing a different aspect this time with postpartum psychosis which hasn't really been covered by soaps before, as far as I am aware. The rates of it are very low in women generally, but significantly higher rates in women who have bipolar, so definitely good to cover, and they've certainly done it well so far, particularly with Lacey Turner's acting skills.

Its hard to watch also, I think Staceys story would have benefited if the other storylines werent full of despair and misery at the same time. You need to some humour to take the edge of it.

At the moment its like every day its get worse for several characters like Alfie and Phils illnesses, Kush Shabnam, and Charlie dying with Denny on life support. Its all a bit depressing.

I forgot Charlie was Billy's father in law too, then Alfie went off with Little Mo and they still mates

I forgot Charlie was Billy's father in law too, then Alfie went off with Little Mo and they still mates

Yep but in soaps everyone goes off with everyone else's partners but then it's all forgotten about, else there'd be no one left talking to each other :D

Arthur played by 16 different babies

http://www.ok.co.uk/tv/eastenders-secret-fact-find-out-character-arthur-fowler-baby

But it has happened on the popular BBC soap following the revelation that Stacey Branning (Lacey Turner) and Martin Fowler's (James Bye) son Arthur was played by 16 different babies.

With the storyline about Stacey's postpartum psychosis taking centre stage, the drama required the baby to be in most scenes.

However, due to legal boundaries, the show's bosses had to feature more than one adorable bundle of joy to play the role.

In a behind the scenes clip, head chaperone, Sarah De Souza revealed: "We had 16 babies licensed to play one baby Arthur."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Robsweezie wrote: »

I like the storyline, and I think Lacey pulls it off excellently. What I don't like is that they've left her in the care of the idiot Martin who knows absolutely nothing about her disorder, and the fact he's trying to cover the whole thing up. Also the fact that her own family haven't particularly seemed to notice her behaviour is silly.

Same here, I was racking my brains trying to remember who he was married to, I couldn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Well, at least it's realistic in her having repeat episodes, so not really an issue as such. .

Soaps have been criticised before when they have had characters be mentally unwell for a short period of time with it then practically forgotten about.

EDIT: It's also showing a different aspect this time with postpartum psychosis which hasn't really been covered by soaps before, as far as I am aware. The rates of it are very low in women generally, but significantly higher rates in women who have bipolar, so definitely good to cover, and they've certainly done it well so far, particularly with Lacey Turner's acting skills.

Home and Away did a postpartum psychosis storyline before with Bianca. She did make a complete recovery though and then it was never mentioned again! Although the baby subsequently died from cot death which was very sad. But yeah,EE are better at keeping up these stories longterm which is more realistic.

MelanieC wrote: »
    Home and Away did a postpartum psychosis storyline before with Bianca. She did make a complete recovery though and then it was never mentioned again! Although the baby subsequently died from cot death which was very sad. But yeah,EE are better at keeping up these stories longterm which is more realistic.

Oh yeah thanks, I'd stopped watching Home and Away by then, but remember hearing about it.

I don't know how realistic her complete recovery was if it was more of a once-off thing, unlike Stacey's bipolar, but either way I definitely agree that EE are better and more realistic on this front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The doctor in the second clip is gorgeous, cant remember his name, I know he went out with Roxy for a while.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement