Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

fin12 wrote: »
    The doctor in the second clip is gorgeous, cant remember his name, I know he went out with Roxy for a while.

Al Jenkins? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Jenkins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I think the issue is that they've gone down this road with Stacey going mental several times. Even her scene on the roof of the Vic has happened before ....:pac:

Shes also been sectioned before and its looking like that again.

Would you prefer if she got diagnosed, had an episode and then she was magically cured forever.
    That's fairy tale stuff.
    Actually that's Fair City style plot development!

It's about consistency in characters like Phil alcoholism, Nick Cottons drug issues, etc. Recurrence is part of life.

Also this story line is completely new. It's postpartum psychosis. Brought on by her neglecting to take her meds during pregnancy and then the post birth itself. It's been excellently done.

Ps it's called bi polar........not "going mental"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

You can see in this thread why there's still such a stigma surrounding mental health

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

You can definitely see the stigma about mental health in this thread.

Lacey Turner is playing a blinder in this story line, well done to her.

Martin isn't doing anything because he's scared that if he takes her to the doctor or gets her sectioned she'll never forgive him and that she'll take baby Arthur away. He knows how sick she is, you can see it but he's conflicted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I know it's not real but she's portraying a real illness and that's vile and nasty thing to say.

[Mod snip]

mod:
    Quit it

• Advertisement

January wrote: »
    You can definitely see the stigma about mental health in this thread.

Lacey Turner is playing a blinder in this story line, well done to her.

Martin isn't doing anything because he's scared that if he takes her to the doctor or gets her sectioned she'll never forgive him and that she'll take baby Arthur away. He knows how sick she is, you can see it but he's conflicted.

Yes, and from my experience I'd imagine the Martin bit as very realistic also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

fussyonion wrote: »
    [Mod snip]

[Mod snip]

Quit the on thread squabbling please. Report any posts you have issues with and leave to the mods to deal with it

Someone give Lacey an award

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I forgot Charlie was Billy's father in law too, then Alfie went off with Little Mo and they still mates

Was anyone else hoping Alfie's head was going to explode from the strain when he volunteered to help Billy move Charlie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,349 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Gulliver wrote: »
    Was anyone else hoping Alfie's head was going to explode from the strain when he volunteered to help Billy move Charlie?

Why didn't Les go with Billy, isn't it always two undertakers to move a body not help from deceased's family members

I wonder what excuse is given for Lynn, Little Mo and Zoe missing Charlie's funeral

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why didn't Les go with Billy, isn't it always two undertakers to move a body not help from deceased's family members

I wonder what excuse is given for Lynn, Little Mo and Zoe missing Charlie's funeral

Yeah and Gary too - Charlie was his father in law too,wasn't he.

I'm sure Billy said he was just waiting for Les to join them but Alfie offered to help instead.

Yes, and from my experience I'd imagine the Martin bit as very realistic also.

Oh definitely.

Someone give Lacey an award

Or a pram??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,349 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Martin don't know what to do, he is out of his depth, he probably never thought Stacey's illness was this bad and with Charlie dying he cant ask Kat or Mo for help so who else, he wants to protect his son and Stacey but she needs professional help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭22catch

It's all just getting so repetitive now though. No doubt there will be some protracted ridiculous storyline with Denise and Jordan, yawn, which will set the scene to bring Lucas back, yawn. It doesn't help that it's mostly bleak either. If it's not Denny in hospital it's Alfies brain tumor, Phil's cirhosis, Shabnams infertility or Staceys psychosis.

Or a pram??

What's wrong with the sling?

I don't really get where the Gavin storyline is going. He had no interest in Sharon, made no attempt to make contact with her, kidnapped and assaulted her husband, leading him to drink again and Sharon is having cosy little sneaky meetings with him. She's not the sharpest tool in the box, but it doesn't make any sense.

What's wrong with the sling?

It's a joke January. But on a serious note In the long term a sling is not a very smart idea. Babies have died of smothering in same and her current state doesn't help a week year old kid exposed to the elements.

It's a joke January. But on a serious note In the long term a sling is not a very smart idea. Babies have died of smothering in same and her current state doesn't help a week year old kid exposed to the elements.

Babies have died from smothering in same because their mums don't follow the TICKS guidelines, slings are perfectly safe when used correctly. I used my sling more that I used my pram in the first weeks, they regulate babies body temp being close to you like that and they're warmer than a pram too so you can bet that baby is not being exposed to the elements while filming, actually probably why they are using the sling rather than the pram when they're filming so much outdoors.

Babies have died from smothering in same because their mums don't follow the TICKS guidelines, slings are perfectly safe when used correctly. I used my sling more that I used my pram in the first weeks, they regulate babies body temp being close to you like that and they're warmer than a pram too so you can bet that baby is not being exposed to the elements while filming, actually probably why they are using the sling rather than the pram when they're filming so much outdoors.

You are taking my comment far too personally!! As I said, it's a joke. And there wouldn't of been a baby in most scenes in the sling anyway so I wasn't insinuating the actual baby would be unsafe. Her climbing to rooftops and whatnot in her current state is hardly safe for the fictional Arthur!

I'm not looking for a debate on it ☺ it was just a silly comment!! Jeez!!

I'm merely saying in poor Stacey current state racing about with a baby in a sling is perhaps not the safest method.

• Advertisement

Somebody please give Belinda a slap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Mod:
    Ok we're going a bit off topic on the sling v pram discussion. Let's get back on topic or take it over to parenting to discuss :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

I can't believe it's still last Monday lol
    Kat find out zoe had a twin and then her nan and her mum , gave it away , then her dad dies and her sister comes and blames her for killer her dad and then her husband tells his got a tumour

While her cousin is having meltdown , ending up on the roof of vic witn her baby (which she thinks is son of god)

The father of baby as find out his wife can't have anymore bakes before his wife found his got son with hef best friend

Sharon find her son got infection before finding out that husband was one that crash the car

This one very , very long day but it is longer then Phil and Sharon wedding day?

Shane (never thought he was good actor) really surprised me today , that scence , when he kat , was really well done.

You can't say eastenders been boring

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

22catch wrote: »
    It's all just getting so repetitive now though. No doubt there will be some protracted ridiculous storyline with Denise and Jordan, yawn, which will set the scene to bring Lucas back, yawn. It doesn't help that it's mostly bleak either. If it's not Denny in hospital it's Alfies brain tumor, Phil's cirhosis, Shabnams infertility or Staceys psychosis.

Yeah I agree. Once again tonight it was all depressing from start to finish. Looking at twitter alot of people agree and are turning off. Belinda also seems like another pointless vile character to add to the mix.Its as if the writers have gone on holiday and they've left it to an intern!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

Long term characters like Phil, Alfie, Kat and Stacey having big storylines should all be interesing and big news, but theres only so many bombshells and storys like that, that can run at the same time. Its now moved into ridiculous territory.

Whos running the Car Lot now that Max, Charlie and Fat Boy are all gone? I cant see Lee being up to it, maybe it will disappear like the R&R nightclub.....:eek:

This night never going to end on Eastenders

Yeah I agree. Once again tonight it was all depressing from start to finish. Looking at twitter alot of people agree and are turning off. Belinda also seems like another pointless vile character to add to the mix.Its as if the writers have gone on holiday and they've left it to an intern!

Yeah, it just feels like laziness on behalf of the writers. They needed to get rid of Mo for a while so they have her make a phone call to Belinda blaming Kat for Charlies death, well I suppose Fat Elvis dumped her so they needed to dig up someone for her to live with for a bit. Then there's Shabnam, she clearly knew that Kush was the father of Stacey's baby, she dropped enough comments about it, yet they have her looking shocked when she overheard Kush and Carmel discussing it? I'm really bored with Carmel and it really grates on my nerves hearing her calling him 'Kushie' all the time. If ever a mother needed to cut the cord it's Carmel.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

22catch wrote: »
    Yeah, it just feels like laziness on behalf of the writers. They needed to get rid of Mo for a while so they have her make a phone call to Belinda blaming Kat for Charlies death, well I suppose Fat Elvis dumped her so they needed to dig up someone for her to live with for a bit. Then there's Shabnam, she clearly knew that Kush was the father of Stacey's baby, she dropped enough comments about it, yet they have her looking shocked when she overheard Kush and Carmel discussing it? I'm really bored with Carmel and it really grates on my nerves hearing her calling him 'Kushie' all the time. If ever a mother needed to cut the cord it's Carmel.
    i agree and I don't like the way big Mo has been crying non stop since Kat attacked her we are used to her being mouthy and shouting back so it's not in character for her she should have told Kat it wasn't her fault it was her mothers decision and she didn't tell her because it would upset her and leave it at that it's a bit silly to think she rang Belinda:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

This night never going to end on Eastenders

It's like watching that show 24; everything happening in real time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

It's like watching that show 24; everything happening in real time.

Cue Jack Bauer:

"The following takes place between 6PM and 7PM. Events occur in real time. Yes, the Slaters do lead very full and interesting lives."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement