Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So Kat and Jean both leave and abandon sick Stacey :mad:

awful writing. Its not as if this son that kat hasnt ever seen is urgent compared to Staceys condition. and Jean??? ridiculous.

ShazGV wrote: »
    I really like Shabnam.

i remember a while back tons of people on this thread saying she was a terrible actress. Ive always maintained she is, up there in top three or four best actors on the show. i could see her departing and getting big roles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

So Kat and Jean both leave and abandon sick Stacey :mad:

Shane Ritchie and Jessie Wallace are starring in a play together http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/shane-richie-says-eastenders-made-7251147

Not sure about if it was a similar issue with Jean re Gillian's availability

Shane Ritchie and Jessie Wallace are starring in a play together http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/shane-richie-says-eastenders-made-7251147

Not sure about if it was a similar issue with Jean re Gillian's availability

that doesn't excuse the scenario. of course there were reasons why the actors had to go. But its just a big mess. Why anyone would abandon a young relative with a serious mental condition who has just had a complete breakdown and is a new mother to fend for herself is ridiculous. you could imagine they could have persuaded the three of them to hang around for a few days, or prerecorded scenes so their characters departures werent so downright ridiculous. They are giving Shane Ritchie and Wallace a show of their own, surely they could accomodate them also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Loved the catfight, they really went at each other.

Nancy is on the celebrity bake off tonight @ 8.30pm. Never really pictured her as a kitchen goddess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Lees depression story has felt a bit underwhelming, but to be fair it's a difficult subject and hard to get right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Baybay

The viewers know that Kat & Alfie end up in Ireland but in EE I don't think they do yet. Tommy asked about going back to school a few times so I don't think it's unreasonable for parents to want to get things back to as normal as possible for their children after a bereavement in the family. They also have a business to run. It isn't as if they suddenly decided to head off to Spain for a holiday!
    Jean has a lot of issues of her own about which she may not have been able to deal very well, having such a direct reminder. Plus I didn't think she reacted very well to seeing Kyle in the Vic so I wasn't surprised she distanced herself.

Baybay wrote: »
    The viewers know that Kat & Alfie end up in Ireland but in EE I don't think they do yet. Tommy asked about going back to school a few times so I don't think it's unreasonable for parents to want to get things back to as normal as possible for their children after a bereavement in the family. They also have a business to run. It isn't as if they suddenly decided to head off to Spain for a holiday!
    Jean has a lot of issues of her own about which she may not have been able to deal very well, having such a direct reminder. Plus I didn't think she reacted very well to seeing Kyle in the Vic so I wasn't surprised she distanced herself.

so if your child was sectioned after having a complete mental breakdown after only giving birth to your grandchild, leaving a young guy you barely know in charge of him as well as in charge of your other grandchild with whom he has no connection, you would find it reasonable to distance yourself from the situation?? I just don't think Jean who has been in a very good place mentally the last few years would do this. She would have been there for her daughter and granchildren.

Likewise, and even moreso, Kat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Baybay

so if your child was sectioned after having a complete mental breakdown after only giving birth to your grandchild, leaving a young guy you barely know in charge of him as well as in charge of your other grandchild with whom he has no connection, you would find it reasonable to distance yourself from the situation?? I just don't think Jean who has been in a very good place mentally the last few years would do this. She would have been there for her daughter and granchildren.

Likewise, and even moreso, Kat.

I have no idea what I would do.

But it is said that with grief that there is no right or wrong, there is just how you feel. In addition to the grief & guilt that Kat has over Charlie plus her responsibility to her boys, not to mention the emotional upheaval with the revelations about Luke & Alfie's health, maybe a reasoned response to Stacey's situation is just beyond her.
    Jean may very well have been in a good place over the last few years but there has always, in my opinion, been a fragility to it & maybe Kyle has been enough to bring her back to times when things weren't so good for her & she may not want to add to Stacey's woes.
    Not all families react how one might expect or want. In soap or in life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,349 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think both abandoning Stacey was so out of character for Kat and Jean

• Advertisement

Baybay wrote: »
    I have no idea what I would do.

But it is said that with grief that there is no right or wrong, there is just how you feel. In addition to the grief & guilt that Kat has over Charlie plus her responsibility to her boys, not to mention the emotional upheaval with the revelations about Luke & Alfie's health, maybe a reasoned response to Stacey's situation is just beyond her.
    Jean may very well have been in a good place over the last few years but there has always, in my opinion, been a fragility to it & maybe Kyle has been enough to bring her back to times when things weren't so good for her & she may not want to add to Stacey's woes.
    Not all families react how one might expect or want. In soap or in life!

its mainly just that noone batted an eyelid at everything being left to Martin. Its as if everyone thought it was a normal thing to completely distance themselves from Stacy. I don't even think the writers looked into the psychological reasons or the impact of and WHY both Jean and Kat leaving IMMEDIATELY after the sectioning, it was just deemed as a normal for them to head off on their merry way.

I doubt the writers even considered the deep reasons and just wrote their departures to accomodate the actors. Even Mo fgs.,Martin has no experience of Stacey's bipolar and now has the burden of working, coping with two kids and tending to Stacey's extremely serious condition.

It just is completely out of character, sorry and a horrible thing to do, frankly, if that happened in real life. Kat and Alfie are millionaires now. They should be tending to Alfies illness and Stacey, not prioritising going back to Spain straight away or planning a trip to search for her son in Ireland.

I know its out of the writers hands but I am just considering the story in a "real life" situation and, no, it is ridiculous in that regard. The actors' departures can be explained but not the characters. And i haven't heard one resident question their respective abandoning.

Its just something that has irritated me in an otherwise fine and well portrayed tragic plot.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Urgh, what an awful character Whitney is. Imagine behaving like that in a house you've been taken in!

Urgh, what an awful character Whitney is. Imagine behaving like that in a house you've been taken in!

they havent a clue what to do with her. Herself and Lee have well gone by their sell by date. Both character and actor wise.

Be great if Sean came back to help Stacey

Be great if Sean came back to help Stacey

be great if her mother or Kat came back.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

why isn't Sonia helping Martin?she could wash a few baby gros for him

be great if her mother or Kat came back.

Yes I'm still shocked Kat who is very close to Stacey and knows Martin isn't Arthur's real daddy left, also is Alfie not going to get treatment in the hospital locally who knows his condition and has his records

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Yes I'm still shocked Kat who is very close to Stacey and knows Martin isn't Arthur's real daddy left, also is Alfie not going to get treatment in the hospital locally who knows his condition and has his records

Kat and Alfie's return and then departure again was very badly done - rushed,unrealistic and inconsistent with their characters.

Kat didn't even seem that bothered about Alfie's tumour,let alone Stacey's breakdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Who is this kyle guy?
    Kat and Alfie just heading off so unrealistic, was pointless even bringing them back, is kush the dad? I've missed a few episodes.
    Glad Nancy got a dig in on that whitney yoke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

Who is this kyle guy?
    Kat and Alfie just heading off so unrealistic, was pointless even bringing them back, is kush the dad? I've missed a few episodes.
    Glad Nancy got a dig in on that whitney yoke

Kyle is Stacey's half brother, he's transgender though so was born a girl and Staceys Mam and Martin think he's a weird stalker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

katkin wrote: »
    Kyle is Stacey's half brother, he's transgender though so was born a girl and Staceys Mam and Martin think he's a weird stalker

Ah that makes more sense, I wondered was he kats son but he seemed too young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Grr. For some reason I was half convinced that today was tuesday. Just went on to iplayer to catch up on tonight's eastenders and realised there's none cos it was Wednesday. D'oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Grr. For some reason I was half convinced that today was tuesday. Just went on to iplayer to catch up on tonight's eastenders and realised there's none cos it was Wednesday. D'oh.

There double eastenders tonight on BBC 1

I thought Ryan was quite a tough street smart fella last time around, hell he married and loved Janine

I think Linda prefers Whitney to her own daughter Nancy :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

I thought Ryan was quite a tough street smart fella last time around, hell he married and loved Janine

I think Linda prefers Whitney to her own daughter Nancy :mad:

I think Linda will regret that soon enough JP Liz1 :(

Why haven't they thrown Whitney out, now she looks on her way to becoming totally obsessed with Mick, another bunny boiler, what every soap needs

Why haven't they thrown Whitney out, now she looks on her way to becoming totally obsessed with Mick, another bunny boiler, what every soap needs

she is a terrible character. She was great for that abuse story but since then she just hangs around. Pairing her with Lee was a god awful idea. I think her and Jay would have made an interesting pairing perhaps.

But maybe this is her exit story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I hope that's the end of the Mick/Whitney story line, as Danny Dyer said, he would hate to see Linda and Mick in an affair type situation and I think it was a very good sign that Mick told Linda straight away and that she shot Whitney down like that. I know she'll probably try it on again with Mick but I hope he resists.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

January wrote: »
    I hope that's the end of the Mick/Whitney story line, as Danny Dyer said, he would hate to see Linda and Mick in an affair type situation and I think it was a very good sign that Mick told Linda straight away and that she shot Whitney down like that. I know she'll probably try it on again with Mick but I hope he resists.

Same, after Mick said it straight away I assumed that that was the last of it, but those jealous/pathetic glances over at Mick suggest otherwise. Hope I'm wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Ben pleads an accident and gets off a murder charge
    Stacey uses her bi-polar to get off a murder charge
    Janine uses self defence to get off another murder charge
    Dot Cotton gets manslaughter

No doubt the same thing will be used for Bobby, Ronnie and now Ryan

It's weird that both of Lilys parents were on the run for murder :P Sure didn't Martin accidently kill someone too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement