Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Have to say the character of Shabnam has been wonderful. The actress had her to a tee. All her mannerisms, temperments, mood swings, general range of emotions were so finely tuned and so consistent. Shes had so many scenes which didn't involve many words at all and she had to portray the characters feelings through small things like eye movement or playing with her fingers and she kept all those things consistently for the character.

The character herself was such a difficult role, so many layers and complexities. If you look at posts from just over a year back when Kush and Shabnam were just starting out and there was so many people who hated both the character and even the actress! Now id imagine the vast majority have her down as one of their favourites.
    I recall a lot of people thought she was just stuttering her lines essentially in the way Shabnam speaks so low in tone and isnt over expressive with her mouth but its clear she built the character herself right down to little details.

I imagine its very difficult for Indian/Pakistani heritage actors not to be typecasted but that girl would be able to pull off anything if she put half as much effort into another character as she did for Shabnam.

She'll always be rubbish in my eyes. Glad she's gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

She'll always be rubbish in my eyes. Glad she's gone

thanks for your input 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

thanks for your input 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

passive aggressive much?

passive aggressive much?

Oh big time. I'll have your guts for garnets!! Don't be insulting soap stars that I like!

joke btw mr cowboy........ as was the original reply! Don't analyse things as much on the interweb!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,745 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

EE looking to cast a new actor for Johnny.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Riddle101 wrote: »
    In fairness to Tamwar, being socially awkward isn't easy. His actions aren't intentional, more of a case that he just doesn't know how to interact or relate to another person, it's just hard for him to show emotion I guess. He even said it himself, that Nancy was out of his league, and I sense that he looks down on himself as well, and isn't very confident in himself. I just feel that it's important to remember that there are people like Tamwar and that they go through same thing as him.

I get that, I do. I know what Eastenders are trying to convey in Tamwar, but it went a bit far. I mean, Nancy actually pleaded with him just to "say something".. and his response it to completely ignore her, she walks out of the room crying and still he says nothing? Nah, that's just being a dick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

Who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

January wrote: »
    Who?

Mick and Linda's son.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Jamie2k9 wrote:

What was the story with him? Did he come out properly before he left? He'll probably come back as an open and confident gay man..otherwise it'd be him as well as Ben struggling to come to terms with their sexuality.

Ann22 wrote: »
    What was the story with him? Did he come out properly before he left? He'll probably come back as an open and confident gay man..otherwise it'd be him as well as Ben struggling to come to terms with their sexuality.

He came out awhile before he left. He left to go to Italy with his boyfriend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

I think she was a terrible over actor. I hated her character too. Such a drama queen. I found it quite fitting that a drama queen such as her took 3 or 4 episodes to actually leave.

Good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Alice1

I'm afraid I didn't like Shabnam's character at all. The constant gurning and inappropriate smiling was odd.

Alice1 wrote: »
    I'm afraid I didn't like Shabnam's character at all. The constant gurning and inappropriate smiling was odd.

The gurning was the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

mada82 wrote: »
    I think she was a terrible over actor. I hated her character too. Such a drama queen. I found it quite fitting that a drama queen such as her took 3 or 4 episodes to actually leave.

Good riddance.

She was a terrible over-actor. Took her ages to form a sentence once she'd finished playing with her fingers. Beyond irritating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,346 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I liked Shabs and Jade, will miss them, I prefer Shabs to Stacey

Sam Strike was great as Johnny Carter

Shirley should have contacted Jade's social worker to let them know she was letting her leave with Shabs

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Shirley should have contacted Jade's social worker to let them know she was letting her leave with Shabs

Shirley said she talked to Jades social worker and it was ok for her to go with Shabnam with the backing of Shirley and Buster

casio4 wrote: »
    Shirley said she talked to Jades social worker and it was ok for her to go with Shabnam with the backing of Shirley and Buster

I missed that :o thought it was fast for Jade to just leave with Shabs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Carmel takes helicopter parenting to a whole new level! Time to cut the apron strings lady!

Cora back flirting up a storm with Kush :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Ann22 wrote: »

The very first storyline The Carters were part of was Johnny coming out I think. He told Mick and Linda, and Linda didn't like it. The next several episodes were pretty much made up of Linda and Johnny giving each other the evil eye and at each other's throats, while Mick was trying to to calm the situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭CassieManson

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    Cora back flirting up a storm with Kush

Was that Cora?

Was that Cora?

Abi's homeless nana who married Stan Carter, the drunk eastend lady looked like her

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

He came out awhile before he left. He left to go to Italy with his boyfriend.

I remember him struggling to tell his parents but I was wondering if he still was at the stage where he was feeling awkward about actually dating in front of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Gosh I didnt think that was Cora. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

And in the name of god what was Kush thinking. He wasnt THAT drunk

SAMTALK wrote: »
    Gosh I didnt think that was Cora. :confused:

It wasn't. It was some landlady that was there for Linda's London Landlady function.

your so posh you must have an indoor toilet lol

Oh shut up cockney Mick now, enough

• Advertisement

is that a new Abi??? Her voice???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement