Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Sharon's hair colour is nice, way better than the peroxide blonde.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

So sick of this boring Stacy storyline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,339 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

fin12 wrote: »
    Sharon's hair colour is nice, way better than the peroxide blonde.

She could do with laying off the make up a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    She could do with laying off the make up a bit

Yeah she's plastered in it. She looks no different when she's supposed to be dolled up..like on her wedding days. I like the new hair too tho. .

I really like new Martin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Is anyone else hearing the voice overs?

"Stacy looks confused,Bex nods."

Was that Kush and Sharon's first scene together ever :confused:

Poor Martin, be great if Stacey was wrong and he really is Arthur's father and not Kush

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

"Martin" was great tonight - very well played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

they are starting to get a bit carried away with the treatment stacey is getting in hospital, from my own experience in psychiatric wards you would be lucky to see the doctor for a few minutes every couple of days, stacey seems to have two of them at her beck n call, not to mention the room she is in unless it is very different in the uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Ah poor martin, I felt sorry for him tonight. Can nobody have an ounce of happiness in Walford!
    Can someone tell me why we hate gavin? I missed a lot of episodes and thought Sharon wanted to get to know him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭sudzs

The Archers is a radio (soap) show. It's been on BBC radio 4 since 1951.

And a mighty fine soap it is too! :D

Ah poor martin, I felt sorry for him tonight. Can nobody have an ounce of happiness in Walford!
    Can someone tell me why we hate gavin? I missed a lot of episodes and thought Sharon wanted to get to know him.

I think Gavin scolded and smacked Denny while on holiday with Sharon and him as Denny was bold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Might be round 2 for Martin and Kush now he knows the truth.

Wonder are the writers going to get Sharon and Kush together, they seemed to be getting close chatting at the bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,745 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Considering the Stacy story-line I think it was was distasteful for Martian to find out about the baby as it takes away from the real story.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Is anyone else hearing the voice overs?

"Stacy looks confused,Bex nods."

Any chance you accicentally had the 'Audio Description' setting turned activated on your Sky remote? Happened to me once before and I was very confused!

I really really hope and want Stacey to be wrong and Martin really is Arthur's father and not Kush

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I really really hope and want Stacey to be wrong and Martin really is Arthur's father and not Kush

Same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Same.

Me too but of course that would make someone happy and we cant have that in Eastenders :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Martins won me over as a character but I really can't buy his relationship with Stacey. No chemistry. It's so forced and plot driven. Their whole relationship has just revolved around Kush, from the moment they met essentially.

Martins won me over as a character but I really can't buy his relationship with Stacey. No chemistry. It's so forced and plot driven. Their whole relationship has just revolved around Kush, from the moment they met essentially.

I actually liked this Martin with Stacey, they worked

Is he gone now for good too?

Will Lily be sent to Kat or Jean

• Advertisement

I actually liked this Martin with Stacey, they worked

Is he gone now for good too?

Will Lily be sent to Kat or Jean

Meh, he was just a pawn for Stacey/Kush/Shabnam plot. I like him as a character but their relationship happened without much chemistry or build up and was based/built on a false pretence of a baby that wasn't Martins. The fact that he has left her now in her most vulnerable hour when she has just threatened suicide showed that there wasn't much solidification in their relationship. As a father of a child himself which came from a one night stand he should know not to judge so much.

He wasn't with her at the time. Nor was Kush with Shabnam. If he loved her truly and their relationship wasn't just based on them having a child together he would never have f#ck&d off out of the country whilst she is in a serious mentally unstable place.

Also, I very much envisage this child will end up his anyway! The constant ridiculous twists and turns and then further twists makes it almost predictable what should be straightforward will inevitably not be.

Martin will find out its his child, then Max will find out its his, then we find out Ryan is the father before Bradley turns up alive and the kid is his.

The Gavin scenes are getting torturously cringe worthy. He's like a villain from Austin Powers or James Bond Junior!

If Stacey loved Martin and their family then why did she write the letter confessing about baby Arthur now

Is Gavin not wanted by the police? He roams so freely around the square how is he not caught and now he too knows Mama Hubbard

If Stacey loved Martin and their family then why did she right the letter confessing about baby Arthur

Because at the end of the day it's the right thing to do. And perhaps this is hitting her now that she is beginning to recover. When she wrote it she was in a state of mind that she was extremely vulnerable also and contemplating suicide so perhaps this was, in her min, the best time to tell him. Also why would admitting the truth mean she didn't love "their family". From what I see it all just fitted into place with Martin as a father figure for the two as she firmly believed Kush was never going to leave Shabnam.

Martin deserved to know as soon as possible. It would have been so much easier for her to just play along. Realistically, a brave thing to do even if it was wrong of her not to have admitted it earlier.

Also, I very much envisage this child will end up his anyway! The constant ridiculous twists and turns and then further twists makes it almost predictable what should be straightforward will inevitably not be.

Martin will find out its his child, then Max will find out its his, then we find out Ryan is the father before Bradley turns up alive and the kid is his.

The Gavin scenes are getting torturously cringe worthy. He's like a villain from Austin Powers or James Bond Junior!

I do hope little Arthur is really Martin's son

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

people are saying they hope Arthur is Martins son how can that just change? Kush knows he's his son as does Masood, Kushes mum knows. Shabs left because she couldn't handle seeing Kush and his son together as she is still grieving for the son they lost plus Stacey wrote the letter telling Martin he isn't the father. I got the impression tonight that Martin putting the passport on the passenger seat of the car he is going to crash it or drive it into water he is feeling suicidal and the passport will identify who was in the car, i'm probably wrong but that's my pennies worth :)

casio4 wrote: »
    people are saying they hope Arthur is Martins son how can that just change? Kush knows he's his son as does Masood, Kushes mum knows. Shabs left because she couldn't handle seeing Kush and his son together as she is still grieving for the son they lost plus Stacey wrote the letter telling Martin he isn't the father. I got the impression tonight that Martin putting the passport on the passenger seat of the car he is going to crash it or drive it into water he is feeling suicidal and the passport will identify who was in the car, i'm probably wrong but that's my pennies worth :)

Never got any impression Martins feeling suicidal??? I doubt the ending of an 8 month old relationship would entice a man like Martin to do that to his daughter. Its not as if hes lost everything he loved in life. He's gone to visit Michelle, I'd hazard a guess. The lad has been through a he'll of a lot worse events in life and he always comes across as a mentally stable guy. Would be very inconsistent writing and out of character for him to suddenly go down that route imo.

Martin got with Stacey a very short period after her liaison with Kush. There is still a strong possibility the kid is his. There has been no definitive tests to rule out this possibility. And given its EE there will undoubtedly be a twist in this again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,745 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Jack is back next week

Given Bex and Stacey's recent talk about suicide perhaps Martin may contemplate it

• Advertisement

Did Martin look in Kyle's box, could the passport be Kyle's from when he was female

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement