Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I came here last night, at around 10pm and I started seeing posts talking about the twist at the end. I thought "Oh hell there must have been a second episode!" so I quickly left the thread and closed my laptop to consult the telly guide.
    And, lo and behold, yes there were two episodes.

Anyway, managed to catch up earlier...I am a huge EE fan..I've always loved it, but I agree with some posters actually; there are too many twists now.

At first, with the Kathy Beale thing, I thought that was genius because nobody was expecting it, but now EE has gone down the Midsomer Murders' route by throwing in unexpected turns and twists.
    It's getting tedious actually.

I will, however, be curious to see what becomes of Claudette now.
    And I also don't get why Vincent lied to Patrick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

fussyonion wrote: »
    I came here last night, at around 10pm and I started seeing posts talking about the twist at the end. I thought "Oh hell there must have been a second episode!" so I quickly left the thread and closed my laptop to consult the telly guide.
    And, lo and behold, yes there were two episodes.

Anyway, managed to catch up earlier...I am a huge EE fan..I've always loved it, but I agree with some posters actually; there are too many twists now.

At first, with the Kathy Beale thing, I thought that was genius because nobody was expecting it, but now EE has gone down the Midsomer Murders' route by throwing in unexpected turns and twists.
    It's getting tedious actually.

I will, however, be curious to see what becomes of Claudette now.
    And I also don't get why Vincent lied to Patrick.

What did he lie about??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

What did he lie about??

I'll Spoiler Alert this for you incase you haven't seen the second episode which was on last night.
    He told Patrick he'd buried Claudette when obviously he didn't because she's in hospital.

fussyonion wrote: »
    I'll Spoiler Alert this for you incase you haven't seen the second episode which was on last night.
    He told Patrick he'd buried Claudette when obviously he didn't because she's in hospital.

I assumed on the surface (no pun) that he thinks she is still buried. She was found on the side of the road and brought to the hospital wasnt she? I dont bother trying to make sense of the show anymore as there always is another ridiculous twist awaiting to prolong the plot.

But on the face of it, from what evidence we have and how Vincent behaved throughout the episode tonight, he believes he left her dead and buried but in fact he fell asleep, she woke up, crawled outside and collapsed and was found. And we will soon have her "resurrection" and her etxacting revenge on Patrick and Vincent or her suffering from amnesia

Or else he didnt bury her and dumped her on the road instead believing her to be dead.
    Either way expect 500 more twists before this is resolved at christmas 2017.

Also why are we supposed to care about absurd plots involving characters we havent met such as Eric Mitchell and Mother Hubbard's Hubby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,337 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wish we saw Lucas escape and capture and why didn't Libby call the police straight away instead of going to Masood's house

• Advertisement

Nancy & Tanwar the actors who play both of them have quit Eastenders

What a mess for the Carters with recast of Johnny now Nancy is gone and Tanwar quit lol he had such an easy job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Forgot to say, what's with Honey dressing as a Minion?

Nancy & Tanwar the actors who play both of them have quit Eastenders

What a mess for the Carters with recast of Johnny now Nancy is gone and Tanwar quit lol he had such an easy job

Sad about Tamwar, delighted about Nancy.

Couldn't give a crap about the Carters, hope it's the beginning of the end for them. Can't see Lee sticking about too much longer either and the likes of Babe and Buster are so much surplus to requirements.

I'm not surprised both quit, the actor that played Tam has been either given unrealistic, uninteresting storylines which don't play to his strengths.
    Eastenders is misery zone and comedic plots are non existent so His wit has been overlooked and he could easily get his own comedy series and, dare I say it, become a comedy film actor. He is like a mix between Richard Ayoade and Simon Bird.

Nancy an ok actress also and stunning out of that silly gear she constantly wears. Can see her getting decent UK roles also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

What did he lie about??

I think he thinks he did bury her - the builder said the ground was very uneven so are we to assume she dug herself out?

• Advertisement

Coat22 wrote: »
    I think he thinks he did bury her - the builder said the ground was very uneven so are we to assume she dug herself out?

All his actions, reactions, comments, behaviour, facial expressions would lead you to believe he had buried her. But this is Eastenders where every event has a 180degree twist and then that twist has another twist and so on and so forth!
    By this assumption we are led to believe he buried her in a manner that was decent enough for professional workers not to notice it and she subsequently awoke a few hours later and fought through soil and carried herself upstairs and out the door and was found..........

Im not even going to think about this plot anymore. Its ridiculous and one of EE worst in years imo.
    Thing is the actress that plays Claudette is very good and shown this in patches in EE also but when she is sharing scenes wuth Richard "heavy breathing" Blackwood and given absurd plots even Hollyoaks would avoid she is being dragfed down!

Her and Kim play off eachother well i think.

If they can explain her escape in a reasonable manner ill accept as ger vendetta and/or amnesia plots could be very interesting!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 Rodney12

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/claudettes-airbags-saved-her-eastenders-7535927

Claudettes airbags saved her, I don't know why she had to hit Gavin with the candle stick, she could have just smothered him with her airbags while they were having sex.

Would Lucas be allowed a visit so soon after an escape from someone implicated and connected to his escape :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

From reading this thread I'm now confused. The last episode I saw ended with
    Claudette being wheeled into hospital

Did I miss another one after that?

On another note- I don't think I will miss Tamwar or Nancy. Nancy has turned into a right moan and Tamwar is so bland you would almost forget he exists.

As people said earlier- why would Lucas be allowed to have visitors after trying to escape? Even if he did, would Denise be allowed to visit as she was previously being questioned in connection with helping Lucas escape?!

A lot of EE's storylines make no sense at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Phil Mitchell is in for a massive shock in EastEnders this month when he comes face to face with someone from his past.
    Having decided to take himself off to AA meetings in order to rebuilld his life and kick his alcohol habit, Phil’s stunned when he spots a familiar face.
    Sat in the same meeting as him is none other than Lorna Cartwright, who he hasn’t seen for 18 years. Phil and Lorna had an affair while he was with Kathy Beale and they got together when his marriage finally broke down.
    So seeing Lorna is going to bring back memories for Phil and as she’s a recovering alcoholic too, she could mean trouble for him.
    As actress Janet Dibley reprises her role as Lorna, a source said: “Lorna was a great character and viewers loved her, especially her chemistry with Phil.
    “No one wanted Janet to leave in 1998 and now the chance to get her back full-time will not be missed.”

Gavin gives me nightmares.................

Nightmares he is here for the long term....

As predicted Ollie is in trouble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I'm so sick of Ronnie and Jack, who gives a sh!te at this stage like?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

dee_mc wrote: »
    I'm so sick of Ronnie and Jack, who gives a sh!te at this stage like?!

Certainly not me!!

When is Phil going to tell the other Mitchells that Peggy is dying at Aunt Sal's gaff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

I can't 2 watch anymore I'm ronnie I'm damaged
    Does Vincent think the mother is buried downstairs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I think Nancy is really lucky to have parents like Linda and Mick, they are really understanding and caring and supportive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

Where is the light relief gone? There was always a little spark of something, someone funny, or not depressed or depressing. For the first time in about 20 years I am not overly bothered about it. We need a happy event that does not end in tragedy. It's too dark at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Anyone want to guess what Gavins plan is?

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

To get enough money for a retrial and new solicitor for Max Branning :p

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

Hopefully it involves f#cking off! Panto stuff! I doubt the writers even know. He will be gone for a few months id say anyway. Give them time to come up with something silly. Msybe he will rob candy off a kid, prank call Massood, ruin Christmas for Lily or worse still puncture Donnas wheelchair.....

Cant wait.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

LOL at the shower scene in EE last night. Thought they were going to keep going and get naked at one point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Who is stalking Ronnie, Jack's ex or Joel's kids?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Who is stalking Ronnie, Jack's ex or Joel's kids?

My guess is neither.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Joel's girl is my guess.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement