Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Graigmanliam

This is a very over the top and particularly angry episode even by 'enders standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Graigmanliam

Smack her sonia go on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,334 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Some great drunk acting by both Diane and Steve (Denise and Phil make a good couple)

Poor Jay

& Libby go away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Libby is hateful, always was. Rubbish storyline so far.
    Drunk Denise is always good for a laugh though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Ah poor Jay. Wish they would give him a happy ever after .

Cant wait to see Denise's face after the event :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

dee_mc wrote: »

I think its more a plot for Denise's character tbh. She was looking forward to having something meaningful in her life and a grandchild was something she could look forward to.
    It follows on from JJ being taken away and Kim saying she doesnt have any man and she just seems to be going off the rails.
    The fact that she was visiting Lucas in prison was also her attempting to add a bit of pasture to her everyday mundane "work drink sleep" pattern of being, trying to ignore how dangerous he was/is.

Then when she hears Libby is pregnant she sees some light only for it to be taken away.

Hence her going on the drink so much and going to bed with The Philth!

Thats how I depict it.

It isn't really a story for Libby as we all know Libby will be gone again soon. More to progress Denise's downward spiral.

I love Denise's character, she needs a big storyline. Fk the Flanders Carters.

Denise deserves better she is legendary character come on she need a big storyline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I don't know what to make of Denise/Phil storyline?!

I think its more a plot for Denise's character tbh. She was looking forward to having something meaningful in her life and a grandchild was something she could look forward to.
    It follows on from JJ being taken away and Kim saying she doesnt have any man and she just seems to be going off the rails.
    The fact that she was visiting Lucas in prison was also her attempting to add a bit of pasture to her everyday mundane "work drink sleep" pattern of being, trying to ignore how dangerous he was/is.

Then when she hears Libby is pregnant she sees some light only for it to be taken away.

Hence her going on the drink so much and going to bed with The Philth!

Thats how I depict it.

It isn't really a story for Libby as we all know Libby will be gone again soon. More to progress Denise's downward spiral.

I love Denise's character, she needs a big storyline. Fk the Flanders Carters.

Nah I still don't get it, explain it to me again there... :rolleyes:

I do understand how and why the storyline is coming about, and I'm sure the culmination of it will be well worth watching, I just think it's being rather shoved down our throats and I can't stand Libby as a character. I don't enjoy her interactions with Denise, who I think is a wonderful actress for both comic and emotional scenes. Hence why I said I feel it's a rubbish storyline.

• Advertisement

Ha! I couldn't of explained it better if I tried!!!!

Its really just a plot device as I said and using such a significant and close element as her daughter aborting her would be granchild is another reason for her to turn to problem drinking which is the road she has been going down for a couple of years now. I like that they have slowly brought this plot in (her problem drinking which seems to spiral when she is down, emotionally) and havent just pushed it on us quickly as its very realistic in that sense. Her dependency on alcohol is due to her mood swings and occur irregularly rather than when Phil seeps into full on addiction when he relapses and perhaps these mood swings will now lead her to more to complete rock bottom and that is where the plot is going (perhaps psychiatric issues etc)

I think that would be a great plot for her.

Its a lot more realistic than most of the plots weve seen lately in the show and regardless of Libby's likeability she is still her daughter and a very realistic character to use in her story, despite some people not liking her!!

Anmyway thats how I read it!

I guess im just happy she is being used again.

Also apologies if im reading too much into it!!! Ha!

Also its strange Ian and Jane have been extremely underused lately ??

doovdela wrote: »
    I don't know what to make of Denise/Phil storyline?!

I think it just proves how low she is going now!!

What if Denise becomes pregnant by Phil :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

It was bad enough looking at them drunkenly all over each other without having to witness her giving birth to his baby!! :eek:

Maybe she will miss a period, assume she is pregnant, go to the doctor and be told she's entering menopause? Wasn't she having hot flushes last week or the week before? :D

Maybe she will miss a period, assume she is pregnant, go to the doctor and be told she's entering menopause? Wasn't she having hot flushes last week or the week before? :D

She could still become pregnant

She could still become pregnant

Yes but the menopause thing would gel better with her present storyline!

Why did Libby even tell Denise if she already had taken the pill to abort :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Yes but the menopause thing would gel better with her present storyline!

...so that definitely won't happen :p:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Why did Libby even tell Denise if she already had taken the pill to abort :confused:

I know why did she say I'm pregnant, wouldn't she be like I had an abortion if she was going to talk about it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

To shut her up. She was insisting that Libby keep the baby and wouldn't listen to her reasons for not wanting to be pregnant.

To shut her up. She was insisting that Libby keep the baby and wouldn't listen to her reasons for not wanting to be pregnant.

I mean why did Libby visit and tell her she was pregnant when she had already started the abortion

I mean why did Libby visit and tell her she was pregnant when she had already started the abortion

yeah they could have devised that scenario a bit better alright!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

I don't think she's had the abortion yet. I think she was going to ask Denise to go with her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I don't think she's had the abortion yet. I think she was going to ask Denise to go with her.

No she had already taken the first tablet and is getting the 2nd tablet 2morrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

I dont think it was medically possible for Phil to rise to the occasion,if u know what i mean ;);););)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Its on for an hour tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Alice1

casio4 wrote: »
    What channel please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Who the hell revises for a law (or any other) exam in the middle of a busy pub. :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement