Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Just caught up on this week's episodes. I don't think there was supposed to be any implication that Dean raped Shabnam too. She seems to remember it all clearly and says he was so drunk he doesn't even remember it. I think it's just a way to tie him into someone else's story line. Once the rape stuff dies down he doesn't have a lot going on so I assume at some point he'll find out about the baby too.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Good thing I'm back from my holiday on the 19th!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

How long ago was Shabnam pregnant by Dean?

Has she been in eastenders since she gave away her baby?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

Just caught up on this week's episodes. I don't think there was supposed to be any implication that Dean raped Shabnam too. She seems to remember it all clearly and says he was so drunk he doesn't even remember it. I think it's just a way to tie him into someone else's story line. Once the rape stuff dies down he doesn't have a lot going on so I assume at some point he'll find out about the baby too.

I agree with that. I know she had a bit of a reaction on hearing of Dean arrested for serious sexual assault and asked if that meant rape, but think that would be a normal reaction on hearing that about someone who fathered your child.

Lisha wrote: »
    How long ago was Shabnam pregnant by Dean?

Has she been in eastenders since she gave away her baby?

She was in Eastenders (original actress) July 2007 to October 2008, so not all that long.

Shabnam returned January 2014 with Rakhee Thakrar playing her.

Ironically first time round, Zahra Ahmadi apparently decided to leave because she wasn't being given 'meaty enough storylines'.

• Advertisement

Zippie84 wrote: »
    She was in Eastenders (original actress) July 2007 to October 2008, so not all that long.

Shabnam returned January 2014 with Rakhee Thakrar playing her.

Ironically first time round, Zahra Ahmadi apparently decided to leave because she wasn't being given 'meaty enough storylines'.

So... the kid would be about 7 or 8 now?

So... the kid would be about 7 or 8 now?

yep, seems so

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

casio4 wrote: »
    seems that way because when Tamwar said he was arrested for a sexual assault she straight away said rape

It could well pan out like that. She could have blocked some of the memories of that night and through talking about it things come flooding back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

doovdela wrote: »
    I can't really think back that far could be a link in the storyline for dean/linda. I was totally shocked when she said Dean was the dad. Its hard to know how this storyline run with him.

Ah, i saw it coming when Tamwar walked in just after Shabnam brought up going out partying with Carly Wicks. I said it on the thread! But it was a great twist. I would b interested in looking back at Shabnams exit scenes to see if it is possible this story has merits. IE was Dean around at the time, was there any interaction or evidence of Shabnam knowing she was pregnant with his baby etc. Of course this plot only arose in last few months but it would be a pity if the story had no merits, if you get me.

She is an excellent actress also and Stacy is great now that she is away from Alfie and Kat.

But that isn't the point. If Shabnam can give evidence that Dean has a sexual past that he can have sex without recalling his actions it would definitely stand against him in Court. In front of a court this would have serious character implications . Such evidence would put doubts in the minds of the Jury as to his sexual intentions etc.

We know they aren't going down the court route with this story though.

• Advertisement

But that isn't the point. If Shabnam can give evidence that Dean has a sexual past that he can have sex without recalling his actions it would definitely stand against him in Court. In front of a court this would have serious character implications . Such evidence would put doubts in the minds of the Jury as to his sexual intentions etc.

I don't think so. If Shabnam went to court and said she had sex with Dean and he was so drunk he didn't remember it his lawyer could easily twist it and say if he was too drunk to remember it he could have been too drunk to give consent to it happening at all. Stacey telling them that he spiked her drink years ago would have far more impact on it, I think. But as you say it's not going to court and that's why I don't think what happened between Dean and Shabnam is of any relevance to the Dean/Linda story.

I don't think so. If Shabnam went to court and said she had sex with Dean and he was so drunk he didn't remember it his lawyer could easily twist it and say if he was too drunk to remember it he could have been too drunk to give consent to it happening at all. Stacey telling them that he spiked her drink years ago would have far more impact on it, I think. But as you say it's not going to court and that's why I don't think what happened between Dean and Shabnam is of any relevance to the Dean/Linda story.

I am talking about The "Linda Rape" Trial. (I know, there isn't going to be one, but if there were)
    Shabnam could easily be used as a key witness to give character evidence against Dean. He obviously has sexual issues and I think Lola will be brought into it now.
    Shabnam could stand up in court and give evidence that Dean has, in the past, had sexual exploits which he was out of control, in mind. His "mens rea" would then be brought into question and the jury's doubts about his intention with Linda would be also questioned.
    Rape trials often involve past sexual partners of accused giving evidence .
    I know this Shabnam baby story is so complicated that this wont happen but I am just saying it is a possibility.

Of course Stacey's spike incident would be another powerful piece of evidence but that never got revealed, didn't it not?? Otherwise why hasn't she evn mentioned this to Linda!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

If Linda's baby is deans then that baby will be shabnam's baby's half sibling.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I think it turns out to be Mick's based on scan date. Its a soap anything could happen! They need a storyline built up after the Lucy reveal. Two more weeks to go...

Tasden wrote: »
    If Linda's baby is deans then that baby will be shabnam's baby's half sibling.

if Shabnam's 8 year old is still a "baby", that will be a massive story in itself!

doovdela wrote: »
    I think it turns out to be Mick's based on scan date. Its a soap anything could happen! They need a storyline built up after the Lucy reveal. Two more weeks to go...

See I thought that too because of how relieved she seemed at the scan but then after that (at police interview?) she said that they weren't sure who the dad was. I originally thought the whole mick and dean brother story would come out as a result of dna testing etc when baby was born.

if Shabnam's 8 year old is still a "baby", that will be a massive story in itself!

I still refer to my 7 year old as a baby :o but yeah i realised that after i posted but was too lazy to edit

Tasden wrote: »
    See I thought that too because of how relieved she seemed at the scan but then after that (at police interview?) she said that they weren't sure who the dad was. I originally thought the whole mick and dean brother story would come out as a result of dna testing etc when baby was born.

Oooh, that would have been good.

I'm watching Eastenders 30 Years of Cliffhangers & I miss Christian so much watching him now he brought a lot of fun to the show

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

I'm watching Eastenders 30 Years of Cliffhangers & I miss Christian so much watching him now he brought a lot of fun to the show

Ooh where was this on?

• Advertisement

fr336 wrote: »
    Ooh where was this on?

It was on BBC3 its a 3 part series you can catch up on BBC Iplayer if you use Firefox use the add-on Hola to view it

Just going back to a few days ago when someone said the answer to who killed Lucy was in the first ever episode of Eastenders.... Pete Beale was in the first ever episode. My moneys on Peter, although I really don't want it to be.

i think it is going to be Lee and if it is i will be sickeningly disappointed. Another Carter involvement. I hope its Lola and i hope she gets awy with it. Her and Jay are 2 are my favourite "outside" characters . its amazing how well its been kept a secret.

ps, genuinely the actress who plays Shabnam is one of the best soap actresses i have seen before. we have kathrine kelly, anna friel, nina wadia etc etc but i think this girl, although she will be stereotyped, will be a cracking actress.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Old thread at 10k posts. New thread started. Last 50 posts copied forward....

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

Just going back to a few days ago when someone said the answer to who killed Lucy was in the first ever episode of Eastenders.... Pete Beale was in the first ever episode. My moneys on Peter, although I really don't want it to be.

Nick was in the first episode, he is in it now
    Lucy kept drugs in her music box
    Crokers are two of the mobile phone suspects
    they had "bond" with Emma
    they also were Nick's accomplice for his own fake death
    police showed up recently looking for Nick and made sure to repeat how dangerous he is

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Nick was in the first episode, he is in it now
    Lucy kept drugs in her music box
    Crokers are two of the mobile phone suspects
    they had "bond" with Emma
    they also were Nick's accomplice for his own fake death
    police showed up recently looking for Nick and made sure to repeat how dangerous he is

I like the logic here, but it would be a complete cop out if Nick turned out to be the killer since
    he will supposedly be dead by the time of the big reveal...
    Even if it was the Croker's I think it would be slightly more underwhelming than the other suspects...

• Registered Users Posts: 86,700 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

i think it is going to be Lee and if it is i will be sickeningly disappointed. Another Carter involvement. I hope its Lola and i hope she gets awy with it. Her and Jay are 2 are my favourite "outside" characters . its amazing how well its been kept a secret.

ps, genuinely the actress who plays Shabnam is one of the best soap actresses i have seen before. we have kathrine kelly, anna friel, nina wadia etc etc but i think this girl, although she will be stereotyped, will be a cracking actress.

Lola isn't even a suspect

Mr E wrote: »
    Old thread at 10k posts. New thread started. Last 50 posts copied forward....

em... hope you don't mind me saying, but would be a good idea to put a post saying this in the old thread. I follow the (now old) thread, and only accidentally noticed there's a new one... but a post in the old thread would've mean a notification so people who follow know that there's a new thread, and start following the new one?

Not a biggie, just saying...

Thanks for the heads up, hadn't known about this. Really enjoyed this, particularly the old clips.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement