Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Does nonce mean paedophile?! I thought it was just the same as numpty etc!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

laylag wrote: »
    Does nonce mean paedophile?! I thought it was just the same as numpty etc!

It's cockney slang for paedophile alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The guy who plays Jay is a brilliant actor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,334 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If Billy tells Lola she would return, I love for her and Lexi to come back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

God I hate the f'in Carters. These group gatherings are the cringiest load of £rap ever.

Also this Tina one has the mental age of an 8 year old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

what time was it meant to be? there was no one in the pub just the Carters who are annoying as usual all sticking their noses in everyones business and Stacey is in the cafe buying baked potatoes with Tuna for tea?:confused:

casio4 wrote: »
    what time was it meant to be? there was no one in the pub just the Carters who are annoying as usual all sticking their noses in everyones business and Stacey is in the cafe buying baked potatoes with Tuna for tea?:confused:

cafe is 24 hour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭screamer

Oh puke the carter council called for advise...... complete with Mick in his pink gown. They're like a rough version of the Waltons and its pretty far fetched at this stage.

Why was Dot dressed as Bishop Brennan?

that girl that was helping on the stage giving out the awards with Jack looked a bit familiar was she in it before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why was Dot dressed as Bishop Brennan?

I thought Dot looked really good tonight. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Lisha wrote: »
    It's cockney slang for paedophile alright

The person who complained said it was a discrimitary against hair colour, so that person was complaining about him being called a ginger it they didn't complain about him being called a paedophile.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

That Soph one is a terrible actress

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

That Soph one is a terrible actress
    She is, and Kyle too. I think they're both very wooden.

The Carter family is just ridiculous now. Seriously, does ANYONE know a family like this? Parents (who aren't even 40 yet) wanting all their adult children living at home, the adult children + partners all happy to live and work together, along with any extra relatives who fancy living there too. And all involved in each other's personal lives!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

I think the Jay storyline is being done very well. We really feel for him because we know it wasnt intentional and he's getting a desperate time for it, whereas with Dean, who arguably committed a more serious crime, got on fine for ages afterwards. It's the way the world works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

The actor who plays Jay is one of the best actors on EE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭screamer

She is, and Kyle too. I think they're both very wooden.

The Carter family is just ridiculous now. Seriously, does ANYONE know a family like this? Parents (who aren't even 40 yet) wanting all their adult children living at home, the adult children + partners all happy to live and work together, along with any extra relatives who fancy living there too. And all involved in each other's personal lives!

Ah..... no. They're more like the Carter cult than the Carter family...........

Linda is a nice character, she was intolerable to listen and look at when she arrived with all the ditzy comments and pink attire but I like her now.

I liked parts of Nancy, she talked some sense and at least tried to make a break from the bunker that is the Queen Vic, ditto Johnny (for now)
    But i gpot bored of her dressing and wearing her hair like she was Michaella McCollum playing basketball and again, apart from Tamwar and to a point Dexter, I cant recall her making any significant efforts to make friends outside her family. I would have put her with Martin Fowler to be honest.

Lee, a wooden, boring, non entity whose only plots revolve around why he is so wooden, empty and personality devoid. Again can't find a way out of the bunker and even has moved his girlfriend into what must be a small enough gaf as it is. Have you seen the size of that kitchen????

Babe. An apt name. Not for her beautiful looks but from a certain 1990s film, for her carry on, her general demeanour, her look and her history, malevolent meddling and vindictive spiteful mindset. Who in gods name would want their dinner cooked by a baby selling sinisteress. And that scene when she was with the young lad. Both horrific and ridiculously unrealistic. Again, never leaves the bunker rarely anymore. Actually..............do you know what Babe is alright, she is like the antithesis of Mick in that she doesnt pretend to be such a happy go lucky family man.

Tina. Brain of a 7 year old. I never criticise kids. But she is just such an annoying childish wretch. (Her and Sonia fit in well together!) Poor Rebecca having to live with them!!

Elaine, probably the worst on screen presence of them all. (and that says something. Genuinely just turn it over when she comes back now. I dont know where she lives, what she does, why she visits and justt goes, is she married??) I honestly havent a clue anything about hetr. She is just like a dolled up, drunken version of Babe!

Whitneys character has been destroyed beyond redemption since entering the Bunker.

I like Shirley but her integration into the Carter family has not been kind to her character the last few months. I cringe when Mick calls her mum and the kids call her granny!! And Buster is essentially a gofer for her. All he seems to do now, after being introduced originally as a decent enough character, is follow Shirley around, hiding behind her. Last night with kathy was probably the first time in months he has been without her when he isnt working. Which means he is inevitably going to have an affair with Kathy of course.

And then their is the man that can do no wrong. Every male character that has something wrong with them seems to get a pet talk or a counselling session from the genious himself. Family is great and the concept of a close family and ensuring same is wonderful but there is only so much the viewer can take. Danny Dyer is a pretty bad actor but gets away with a lot as Kellie Bright is brilliant, at times. I cant quite get why i cant take to him. I dont not like him, just think he is very unrealistic in behaviour at times. He also seems to bforget serious issues and forgive people far too easily. One day he may self implode perhaps.

Baby Ollie. Worst of them all. Cant act. No friends, stuck to his parents hips, no independency, never leaves the bunker. Seemed to take no issue with his sister flinging him against the ground. Cant warm at all to him.

fin12 wrote: »
    The person who complained said it was a discrimitary against hair colour, so that person was complaining about him being called a ginger it they didn't complain about him being called a paedophile.

I remember Bradley being called a ginger ninja :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Haha brilliant. Sophie seems like a right bunny boiler.

Why no more Jay follow up, is he still living with Billy, can he live with kids when he is on the register even though he is innocent despite pleading guilty

Where is Linford the other builder?

The actor who plays Jay is one of the best actors on EE.

Agreed, it's amazing that he's pretty much been a background character for so long now.

On the subject of underused characters on Eastenders, I'm still totally baffled by the decision to get rid of Lola. I know she's been gone a while now but she was also a great actress, there was so much more potential for her and Jay. Eastenders make some weird decisions sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Haha brilliant. Sophie seems like a right bunny boiler.

Exactly my words lol!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why no more Jay follow up, is he still living with Billy, can he live with kids when he is on the register even though he is innocent despite pleading guilty

Where is Linford the other builder?

it was only one episode!! Its not like fair city where once a story starts, it is just intensive scene after scene for 3 months of repetitive dialogue and situations!
    Where EE excels it is in the fact they spread plots out and manage actors' screen time and plots more realistically which allows viewers not to get sick of looking at the same heads day after day before they disappear for months!

Same with Emmerdale, Coronation Street not so much but still far better than FC. The way FC contract the actors lends itself to this.

Also it just shows how uncalculatd the law is in the UK for Jay to be put on The Register in the first place. Needs serious reviewing in the modern age of sexting and teenagers capable of "ageing" themselves to manipulate lads. It should be case by case basis and all the evidence would have aided Jay's cause.

Although it is very poor character portrayal that they have made Jay seem a tad simple by not even enquiring her age, her lifestyle (ie college, Work). Jay has always been a shrewd savvy character and it is very out of character in my opinion.

This story could have been good if she had at least lied to him about his age rather than the topic never coming up at all!! It is one of the first things that arises on a date. Then there is queries about your past, how was your day, where do you live, work, college, are you free tonight etc

Also Phils behaviour since finding out is completely out of character also. This is the man who has helped (or tried to) cover up numerous murders now. He knows Jay inside out and yet never opined that he was genuinely unknowing of her real age.

Glad to see him getting some screen time and being central to his own plot but i have a growing feeling that Jamie Brothorwick is going to move on to newer roles so this plot may result in some sort of exit for him by end of Summer.

His best plot so far was actually almost 8 years ago now when he found out vabout Billy not helping Jase! Even then, he was a great raw natural actor! Can't fathom why he is so underused.

it is sticking out that Kathy and Buster will sleep together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Nah that be too weird...sharing same ex's/partners?

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement