Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

fin12 wrote: »
    and he's favourite saying GET OUT!!!!!!!!!! OR as he says it GEEET OUTTT

Gittt aaaahhhhtttt :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Just a copy of Peggy
    Get outta my puuuuub
    The family is so annoying
    More of them working in the bar than customers

The whole belinda thing was ridiculous
    Was better years ago eastenders needs a bad guy and a proper one, the latest ones have stayed for a while and disappeared
    Johnny Allen was the last half decent one
    Steve Owen type character would be good
    Vincent was meant to be a bad guy and now he's doing nothing, seems to be Carter season to lighten the mood with Peggy dying
    Sonia was funny "I love my boobs"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Haha you spelt it way better, I couldn't figure how to write it but yours is spot on.:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Imagine living beside three of your exes rallying around to help you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Hurrah Grant's back!

And Ross Kemp got top billing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Grant's as gorgeous as ever. Swoon!
    That was a particularly lovely episode of Eastenders tonight.
    Poignant and funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Hurrah Grant's back!

And Ross Kemp got top billing.

Whoever get the dududu moment always gets top billing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,333 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Fittle wrote: »
    Either can I! He drives me insane and cant understand how he wins best actor at the soap awards each year!

Steve who plays Phil deserves to be nominated way more than Danny

Denise in the episode, mention of Peggy and grandkids, purely coincidence or is a Philip or Philippa on the way :p

I am guessing Peggy will ask Phil to help her die

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

The whole belinda thing was ridiculous Was better years ago eastenders needs a bad guy and a proper one, the latest ones have stayed for a while and disappeared Johnny Allen was the last half decent one Steve Owen type character would be good Vincent was meant to be a bad guy and now he's doing nothing, seems to be Carter season to lighten the mood with Peggy dying Sonia was funny "I love my boobs"

That whole gangster period was over the top and panned at the time. I didn't enjoy it myself.

My god tonight's episode brought a few tears so when Peggy eventually does die I might need grant to hold me

Peggy and Sharon meeting again should of having a proper scene, same goes for Kathy

• Advertisement

Peggy and Sharon meeting again should of having a proper scene, same goes for Kathy

You mean slaps to both for hurting her Phil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

When Peggy passes o, I'd like her ghost to appear in the crowded Queen Vic and shout out:

Get Outta my pub!

Dot knew Peggy was dying she could just tell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭wdmfapq4zs83hv

Grant is back!!!!!! Hallelujah praise the Lord! Must have taken some convincing though he does quite serious TV these days. Either way I'm delighted. He's as hot as ever. Anyone know how long he stays? Lovely rapport between Barbara & Steve tonight I thought you could really see the genuine affection they have for each other in real life.

Is Courtney (Grant and Tiff's daughter) and Ricky (Sam and Jack's son) also coming back with Grant and Sam

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I'm finding it quite moving to watch atm. Peggy really has a look about her that hints at death...I cant put my finger on it but it's her eyes I think... Fair freaking play to Barbara W and the make up artist. The scene with Dot was good. Dot knows Peggy is dying, I think....words weren't necessary between them to spell it out though.

Everyone here seems to have hated the swingers story. I enjoyed it tho'...the jacuzzi scene with Mick and Neville was funny. Ah I like Mick 💞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Dot knew Peggy was dying she could just tell

Excellent scene. Dot knew. Peggy knew dot knew. And without it being said by either. I had something in my eye just then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Grant is back!!!!!! Hallelujah praise the Lord! Must have taken some convincing though he does quite serious TV these days.

He said Barbara Windsor asked him and wouldn't take no for an answer (thankfully).
    Lovely rapport between Barbara & Steve tonight I thought you could really see the genuine affection they have for each other in real life.

I said the same thing to my hubby. Very natural interaction between them both.

Grant is back!!!!!! Hallelujah praise the Lord! Must have taken some convincing

you don't say no to Peggy Mitchell

Fammmmmmmmmmmmmmilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly:D

Grant is back!!!!!! Hallelujah praise the Lord! Must have taken some convincing though he does quite serious TV these days. Either way I'm delighted. He's as hot as ever. Anyone know how long he stays? Lovely rapport between Barbara & Steve tonight I thought you could really see the genuine affection they have for each other in real life.

Convincing ? Big pay cheque more like
    Check IMDb he isn't exactly busy either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

Convincing ? Big pay cheque more like
    Check IMDb he isn't exactly busy either

He's been more than busy filming the past few months, and again soon on his own documentary's so it's nothing to do with a pay cheque. He said he only came back because Babs asked him over and over and he said she was impossible to turn down.

And for the record IMDB is hardly the most reliable place for anything regarding what people are up to or even accuracies in the info provided. Just a heads up!

malcy wrote: »
    He's been more than busy filming the past few months, and again soon on his own documentary's so it's nothing to do with a pay cheque. He said he only came back because Babs asked him over and over and he said she was impossible to turn down.

And for the record IMDB is hardly the most reliable place for anything regarding what people are up to or even accuracies in the info provided. Just a heads up!

He's hardly going to say he came back for the money and to get in the limelight before his next investigative journalism programme is released is he
    Same as when the actors say they are leaving to pursue other things - got the bullet but keeping it quiet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

He's hardly going to say he came back for the money and to get in the limelight before his next investigative journalism programme is released is he
    Same as when the actors say they are leaving to pursue other things - got the bullet but keeping it quiet

oh, come on. He is hardly coming back for a big pay cheque!! The show launched his career and he owes them a lot. He has a good relationship with Barbara Winsor, it seems, and has never been an egotistic money grabbing man, just really ambitious and making a career out of aspects of life he seems to love. He is back for 3/4 days of filming in February/March, not exactly ruining his schedule.

Have a read of this interview, He is very honest in saying he was very apprehensive, not blowing his trumpet how easy a decision it was!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/05/13/grant-mitchell-returns-to-eastenders---ross-kemp-interview-peopl/

oh, come on. He is hardly coming back for a big pay cheque!! The show launched his career and he owes them a lot. He has a good relationship with Barbara Winsor, it seems, and has never been an egotistic money grabbing man, just really ambitious and making a career out of aspects of life he seems to love. He is back for 3/4 days of filming in February/March, not exactly ruining his schedule.

Have a read of this interview, He is very honest in saying he was very apprehensive, not blowing his trumpet how easy a decision it was!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/05/13/grant-mitchell-returns-to-eastenders---ross-kemp-interview-peopl/

The actors are given a brief on what to and not to say to the press and everything is checked before hand
    Cant believe everything you read in the papers as much as you want to, money talks it's not one big fairytale I'm afraid

The actors are given a brief on what to and not to say to the press and everything is checked before hand
    Cant believe everything you read in the papers as much as you want to, money talks it's not one big fairytale I'm afraid

hardly said it was a fairytale!! I am merely saying he is doing what most decent people who have earned millions on the back of a carreer launching show.

He would attract much worse press if he didn't do it. Its nice to show a bit of respect!

Its very cynical to say he done it out of greed! He will get paid, of course, but I doubt was the ultimate deciding aspect to returning for a handful of scenes!

Ross kemp net worth is £1 million
    If he manages million fair play to him

Ross kemp net worth is £1 million
    If he manages million fair play to him

Wasn't his two year contract with ITV worth a couple of million or not far off a few years back?

just checked. plenty of genuine sources say his ITV contract was worth about a million a year . I would imagine he has accrued a few million since then!!

soap stars get massive salaries also, depending on their character. Danny Dyer has a huge contract. I doubt Kemp left Eastenders as one of their highest earning vstars at the time for a lower salary, or anyway close to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Wasn't his two year contract with ITV worth a couple of million or not far off a few years back?

just checked. plenty of genuine sources say his ITV contract was worth about a million a year . I would imagine he has accrued a few million since then!!

soap stars get massive salaries also, depending on their character. Danny Dyer has a huge contract. I doubt Kemp left Eastenders as one of their highest earning vstars at the time for a lower salary, or anyway close to it.

I don't know about that. I've always heard that soap salaries aren't as much as other television salaries. But I reckon it depends on the actor and their ability to negotiate. Danny Dyer had a solid enough movie career before joining Eastenders so he's probably worth a bit more than the average soap star. I mean, i'm sure soap salaries are decent enough for someone who has a regular recurring role, but they're hardly raking in the millions.

Kemp left eastenders as one of the highest earners yes I agree but he left how many years ago ?? Salary would have been fairly less then, people don't star in a soap and retire off the riches they earn less than people think.
    Most appear on crap like this morning etc trying to make a living and pay the bills after the soaps
    Google his current net worth for 2016. 1 million

• Advertisement

Danny dyers deal is 400k for 3 years
    Hardly massive by acting standards

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement