Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I don't get to watch it too often but that was very emotional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

KatW4 wrote: »
    I don't get to watch it too often but that was very emotional.

Yes, very beautifully done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Grant was cold Peggy always spoiled him over Phil.

The ending was awful to be honest but still s cracking episode

Can't help but feel the hole storyline was rushed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Ha, I was just saying to myself earlier I wonder will Pat Butcher make an appearance as a ghost or in a dream sequence type of thing for Peggy, and then right as I was beginning to think otherwise there she is will her cigarette and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

So the people who went with time freeze and alien abduction were correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

had a tear in my eye when Peggy asked Pat "you wont leave me will you" and Pat said no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,333 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Where is Courtney? Why didn't Sam return with Grant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

casio4 wrote: »
    had a tear in my eye when Peggy asked Pat "you wont leave me will you" and Pat said no

Episode didn't get me until that moment. Went watery myself.

Interesting that Grant promised to rain down a sh1tstorm on Phil over money. Didn't think Kemp would be back again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

He's coming back in the summer for another while.

Why wasn't pam st. Clement billed?

• Advertisement

Sam had a son with Jack right? and doesn'y Grant have a secret son? who did he have it with

Sam had a son with Jack right? and doesn'y Grant have a secret son? who did he have it with

Mark Jnr with Michelle who is Martin's sister

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

Sad to see Peggy (aka Barbara Windsor) leave tonight. I watched the "One Show" before the episode aired, so I had a fair idea what Peggy was going to do.

I understand why some people felt the ending was rushed. I thought the writers would make the story last until Christmas, but I was wrong. I don't mind being wrong.

End of an era - Barbara and Pat. Grant in my opinion isn't the greatest actor, but then I turned over to "Fair City". Grant if you are reading this I take it all back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I think the episode of pat dying was a lot more emotional than this, I don't think Peggy taking an overdose was a good ending for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Poorly written exit, it had the potential to deliver so much more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

January wrote: »
    He's coming back in the summer for another while.

Why wasn't pam st. Clement billed?

Maybe because she wasn't really there? :D

I actually didn't notice in the credits, good spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭mengele

the end of an era with another excellent character gone. Its only really Dot and Phil left who are any good. There is no family to match the Mitchell family. Peggy was always there to sort out her children and their messes. She was the best landlady of the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

At least they got to do a proper exit while the actress was still around to see it, approve it and be involved in it.

Coronation St sadly didn't have that with deirdre, and now edna in emmerdale.

Peggy had been away for so long, and the show had moved on so much in her absence, that I'd almost forgotten about her. The Vic was her purpose in the show, so seeing her out of it felt strange, like she had less of a purpose.

The exit felt rushed for a week's buildup, there could've been a longer scene with claudette than just a stare down. I guess they wanted it short and sweet than to drag it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I really didn't like the scene with Mick, where Peggy had to ask to go out the back. I felt he should have had more respect for her. I also think danny dyer is the most over-rated actor in any soap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Fittle wrote: »
    I really didn't like the scene with Mick, where Peggy had to ask to go out the back. I felt he should have had more respect for her. I also think danny dyer is the most over-rated actor in any soap.

Why would he be showing her respect, just a woman that ran a pub he doesn't even know and what is she doing going out to the back back of the pub, he should have told them to "get outta my puuuuub"
    Grant coming back was a waste of time, all the build up for f all
    Pats return was much better

• Advertisement

Why would he be showing her respect, just a woman that ran a pub he doesn't even know and what is she doing going out to the back back of the pub, he should have told them to "get outta my puuuuub"

Yeah Grant was hamming it up, I felt. Totally overacting and being over dramatic in his delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ya him and Sharon didn't even kiss. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

fin12 wrote: »
    I think the episode of pat dying was a lot more emotional than this, I don't think Peggy taking an overdose was a good ending for her.

I agree and without Pat's return it would have been an awful episode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Wtf was with Stacey etc carrying toilets around in what should have been an episode about Peggy

Lackey wrote: »
    Wtf was with Stacey etc carrying toilets around in what should have been an episode about Peggy

Presumably it was meant as comic relief. We didn't even find out if they got the toilets back before Jack found out! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Pity they turned Dean into a rapist, the guy that plays him was a good actor.

Getting sick of perfect Mick Carter solving everyone's problems while wearing his pink dressing gown that's about 3 sizes too small for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

kitten_k wrote: »

I wonder if she will get a big storyline to write her out for her maternity leave? She will probably quietly go to visit her mother though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

kitten_k wrote: »

It was obvious she was pregnant in recent weeks even though she denied it. Can't get away with much in those skin tight dresses Linda wears!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement