Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I don't think Shirley delivered the news that badly, I think she tried to do it in as sensitive a manner as she could. Their reaction was one of denial, which I believe is very common when one faces a devastating situation as they found themselves in. We saw how they really felt later. Phil and Ian were good as always though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

I don't think Shirley delivered the news that badly, I think she tried to do it in as sensitive a manner as she could. Their reaction was one of denial, which I believe is very common when one faces a devastating situation as they found themselves in. We saw how they really felt later. Phil and Ian were good as always though.

Oh please

A boy was injured or whatever she said

I was screaming inside
    Tell her nicely it's Paul and he's dead
    D E A D

Oh please

A boy was injured or whatever she said

I was screaming inside
    Tell her nicely it's Paul and he's dead
    D E A D

I think it's quite clear what Shirley was saying, and I think it's patently obvious that Pam did too, hence the denial. The fact that she continued to deny it even when the police spelled it out for her continues to underline this. You're right though, perhaps she should have told him Paul's "D E A D" :rolleyes:

I think it's quite clear what Shirley was saying, and I think it's patently obvious that Pam did too, hence the denial. The fact that she continued to deny it even when the police spelled it out for her continues to underline this. You're right though, perhaps she should have told him Paul's "D E A D" :rolleyes:

I know the idea was to portray denial but I thought it was badly played out
    Shirley was just rambling
    Don't roll your eyes too long the wind might change 😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Can't help but feel that there was no need to kill Paul off. There were other ways to write his exit in an explosive manner.

This is what I like to call Eastenders doing misery for the sake of it. They killed off Ronnie's daughter Danielle for the sake of shock which sent the former's character on a ludicrous downward spiral.

Now here we are with the Cokers losing both a son and a grandson to compound their current troubles such as blackmail and ill health. Can't forget Ben of course, couldn't have him content/not under suspicion for something dodgy for more than 2 months. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Can't help but feel that there was no need to kill Paul off. There were other ways to write his exit in an explosive manner.

This is what I like to call Eastenders doing misery for the sake of it. They killed off Ronnie's daughter Danielle for the sake of shock which sent the former's character on a ludicrous downward spiral.

Now here we are with the Cokers losing both a son and a grandson to compound their current troubles such as blackmail and ill health. Can't forget Ben of course, couldn't have him content/not under suspicion for something dodgy for more than 2 months. :rolleyes:

ya agree there really was no need to kill Paul.

I know the idea was to portray denial but I thought it was badly played out
    Shirley was just rambling
    Don't roll your eyes too long the wind might change 😂

An unnecessarily rude response, usually used as a last resort when posters have nothing of substance to contribute ;)
    Ben Gadot wrote: »

It does seem excessively harsh to kill him of, it's not nice to watch horrible stories being inflicted upon decent people. But at the very least they made use of a pretty useless character, albeit far too late and not in a nice way. It's also good to see real life issues being brought to the fore again i.e homophobia, Eastenders has just been ridiculous lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Will miss Paul's lovely smile:) I thought Ben was fantastic last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,325 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Pam and Les's acting was superb, felt their heartbreak and denial at first

I thought the fella playing Ben and also Gillian aka Kathy were brutal, acting wise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Will miss Paul's lovely smile:) I thought Ben was fantastic last night.

couldnt stand looking at the smirk and ridiculous hair! A character who never made any impact or mustered any popularity, hence he was dropped

• Advertisement

couldnt stand looking at the smirk and ridiculous hair! A character who never made any impact or mustered any popularity, hence he was dropped

Couldn't agree more

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Ben Gadot wrote:

Ben Gadot wrote:

Ben Gadot wrote:
    Now here we are with the Cokers losing both a son and a grandson to compound their current troubles such as blackmail and ill health. Can't forget Ben of course, couldn't have him content/not under suspicion for something dodgy for more than 2 months.

I completely agree here. Have that poor old couple nit been through enough?? I'm in tears here! ...and poor Ben. Quality acting all round. I was upset av Kylie 's demise and David's scenes were heartbreaking but this felt more real .

Mick and Linda are a pair of tits bursting in the door without giving Lee the gorm a few mins for the news to sink in...or maybe he'd need a few hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Something that hasn't been mentioned yet. Roxy said that she spoke to Jay and asked him if he'd seen Ben, yet on Friday's episode she saw Jay dealing drugs outside the Albert and seemed to disapprove of it, yet we have no follow up on that. I realize that there's a lot going on with Paul's death, but Jay is in the middle of a storyline too and it would be nice to see some more of him. Also I don't think Vincent would like the idea of Jay dealing drugs outside his business. Unless he has a deal with Vincent, it looks like Jay is making a big mistake there.

Anyway before the year began, I remember reading that Jay was going to be in a big storyline this year, which I guess was Jay being put on the sex offender register. But I was led to believe he would have a lot more screen time, yet it seems like ever since he was placed on the list, there has been little attention paid to Jay. He's done a few things recently but I still don't think he's getting enough attention.

Another great episode tonight, terrific acting from Pam :)

Don't like the way that Paul's death is simply a plot device to bring Ben and Johnny together though.

Another great episode tonight, terrific acting from Pam :)

Don't like the way that Paul's death is simply a plot device to bring Ben and Johnny together though.

Johnny is also to get with Stephen

Les should tell Claudette about Babe's blackmail

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Something that hasn't been mentioned yet. Roxy said that she spoke to Jay and asked him if he'd seen Ben, yet on Friday's episode she saw Jay dealing drugs outside the Albert and seemed to disapprove of it, yet we have no follow up on that. I realize that there's a lot going on with Paul's death, but Jay is in the middle of a storyline too and it would be nice to see some more of him. Also I don't think Vincent would like the idea of Jay dealing drugs outside his business. Unless he has a deal with Vincent, it looks like Jay is making a big mistake there.

Anyway before the year began, I remember reading that Jay was going to be in a big storyline this year, which I guess was Jay being put on the sex offender register. But I was led to believe he would have a lot more screen time, yet it seems like ever since he was placed on the list, there has been little attention paid to Jay. He's done a few things recently but I still don't think he's getting enough attention.

well drug dealing is a pretty big plot I imagine

When will Pam or Les tell Paul's mother?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

In a way it is, but Jay is still not getting as much attention as I would have thought. I guess they feel that other stories are a bigger priority. But even when he was placed on the sex offender list, it feels like he's still a minor character. We've have months of Beale and Mitchell drama, but they can only fit Jay in every so often.

Riddle101 wrote: »

In a way it is, but Jay is still not getting as much attention as I would have thought. I guess they feel that other stories are a bigger priority. But even when he was placed on the sex offender list, it feels like he's still a minor character. We've have months of Beale and Mitchell drama, but they can only fit Jay in every so often.

Summer time is worst time for soap stories so it's a sign of its significance that the drug dealing story is being slowly built up probably to peak about Christmas.

I presume I'm not alone in thinking that this Whitney pregnancy storyline is going nowhere and she's going to lose the baby?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

I presume I'm not alone in thinking that this Whitney pregnancy storyline is going nowhere and she's going to lose the baby?

Totally seems like it by the way they're constantly making a big deal about it. Maybe her
    STD
    will cause complications? Seems way to good to be true.

Maybe I'm in the wrong here, but I think Lee has been treated just appallingly by his family. First of all, he wasn't even the first to find out that his girlfriend was pregnant with his own child. Second of all his idiot parent deliberately eavesdropped on the conversation when Whitney told him the news, and as soon as it was delivered they burst through the door and forced him to pose for a dumb 'selfie', not given him even a second to digest it. Not once has anybody asked him how he's felt about it, instead proceeding full steam ahead with baby names, clothes etc whilst in the process telling more non-family members (Patrick and Donna) about it, even before they've had their first scan. And then tonight we had more nonsense from Mick, basically harassing him for the entire episode ramming it down his throat about how wonderful it is to be a father etc., it's just so frustrating to watch. It's all the more ridiculous because they know he suffers from depression and haven't taken this into account once. I know it's only a soap, and heck Lee isn't even a character I've ever really cared about, but this storyline and their treatment of him beggars belief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

He told Donna that Whitney was pregnant, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Maybe I'm in the wrong here, but I think Lee has been treated just appallingly by his family. First of all, he wasn't even the first to find out that his girlfriend was pregnant with his own child. Second of all his idiot parent deliberately eavesdropped on the conversation when Whitney told him the news, and as soon as it was delivered they burst through the door and forced him to pose for a dumb 'selfie', not given him even a second to digest it. Not once has anybody asked him how he's felt about it, instead proceeding full steam ahead with baby names, clothes etc whilst in the process telling more non-family members (Patrick and Donna) about it, even before they've had their first scan. And then tonight we had more nonsense from Mick, basically harassing him for the entire episode ramming it down his throat about how wonderful it is to be a father etc., it's just so frustrating to watch. It's all the more ridiculous because they know he suffers from depression and haven't taken this into account once. I know it's only a soap, and heck Lee isn't even a character I've ever really cared about, but this storyline and their treatment of him beggars belief.

It kind of makes for a better storyline than if everyone was sensitive and understanding and anticipating the needs and feelings of someone who's going through a situation they know nothing about - I've seen lots of people whose parents, friends, families, colleagues etc have technically treated them appallingly and shown no empathy for them when they've been going through depression and anxiety, not because they are bad people but because, with the best will in the world, they don't know what it's like to feel conflicted about what 'should be' good news or a positive development, so they end up doing and saying the wrong thing over and over!

How quick Mick has forgot about Stan :rolleyes:

Linda has always treated Whitney nearly better than her own kids especially Lee and Nancy, like she is the daughter she always wanted, any other mother would have kicked her after kissing their husband and fiance's father and letting her brother rob them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I thought Phil accepted Ben when he bought Ben and Paul drinks after Peggys funeral, but nope!

Thought Phil would loosen up about Jay too but nope!

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I thought Phil accepted Ben when he bought Ben and Paul drinks after Peggys funeral, but nope!

I think Ben is still ashamed around Phil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

IvySlayer wrote: »

It's the type of acceptance where you know he isn't happy about it.

Shirley worried about Ben, he killed her best mate Heather :mad:

When is Dean's trial?

Karl Howman aka Buster has already filmed his final scenes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Les and Pam have been axed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement