Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I know Ben is grieving, but his lack of understanding of the very basics of how the law works is a bit silly. Expecting someone to be charged and jailed because he named them as one of the killers? :confused: Also his acting is really exposed when he gets angry, it's not great.

In others news,
    Les and Pam
    have been axed from the show. Surprising news imo, especially given recent events.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/eastenders-cross-dressing-funeral-boss-8515516

^ Just saw that I was beaten to it above :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

As far as Ben's grieving is concerned, I suppose it's one of those things where you don't really think very rationally. He just lost Paul who he loved, so he's obviously very emotional right now. He wants the guys to pay for what they did. Can't say I wouldn't feel the same way if it happened to me. But he's also quite unstable as well so there's that to consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Buster is also leaving

kitten_k wrote: »
    Les and Pam have been axed

Ah no I like
    Pam
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

kitten_k wrote: »
    Les and Pam have been axed

I think this is good news. I find them irritating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Ah no I like
    Pam
    :(

Never liked
    Pam
    . What a hypocrite that character is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Babe is a despicable character.:mad: Why do the Carters still keep her around? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

So that's jays big storyline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

January wrote: »
    So that's jays big storyline.

It has turned his character even more redundant than it was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    It has turned his character even more redundant than it was

why? I'd say it will be a great story. Seeing his life spin out of control.

What would you suggest is a decent plot for him? I like the way they developed his character's situation.

Its ridiculous and unrealisitic how the locals are acting though. It is pretty clear he isn't a bad guy or a paedophile, and also silly that Jay would have no idea of her personal details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,325 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ronnie don't want Andy going anywhere as obviously she fancies him and who can blame her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

why? I'd say it will be a great story. Seeing his life spin out of control.

What would you suggest is a decent plot for him? I like the way they developed his character's situation.

Its ridiculous and unrealisitic how the locals are acting though. It is pretty clear he isn't a bad guy or a paedophile, and also silly that Jay would have no idea of her personal details.

If it was done well maybe but we see him pop up once every few weeks etc so they are not really showing it that well, instead we have the pathetic nonsense of STI's etc.

If it was done well maybe but we see him pop up once every few weeks etc so they are not really showing it that well, instead we have the pathetic nonsense of STI's etc.

What makes you think that he will only be on screen every few weeks? The plot is only starting to develop now and will get incrementally bigger and I reckon could be one of the big Autumn to Christmas plots (the period when soaps are most viewed and the big plots are brought out). Thats how EE plots generally develop. Slow and subtle and then very intensive towards the end of the year leading to a big event. It would be ridiculous to see him turn overnight into this drug lord or user. It will be played out more incrementally

Look at all the soaps during the Summer. The worst stories are played out over the Summer. The fact this story is being earmarked for peaking later in the year indicates it will be a big plot.

Theres a new producer there so obviously they have plans to use Jay more.

I would like to see Jay's grandfather back in or maybe some other family for him, did Jase or his mam (is she dead btw?) have other kids?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I think it's really good when soaps highlight STIs. With all the sleeping around and mostly unprotected it's ridiculous they way hardly no one gets one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Does Abi only have once facial expression? Frowning/squinting her eyes?
    Beyond irritating.

I've never been a big Whitney fan, but I felt sorry for her last night and think Lee should have come clean about his night with Abi.

Kellie Bright is really showing her bump now and unless they're going to write it into the storyline (well, it's a bit late now), they need to do a better job of covering it up.

I'm surprised Denise put the kybosh on her thing with Kush; I thought they were gonna have a fling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Estrellita

fussyonion wrote: »
    Does Abi only have once facial expression? Frowning/squinting her eyes?.

This... permanently

fz6gp5.jpg

fussyonion wrote: »
    Does Abi only have once facial expression? Frowning/squinting her eyes?
    Beyond irritating.

I've never been a big Whitney fan, but I felt sorry for her last night and think Lee should have come clean about his night with Abi.

Kellie Bright is really showing her bump now and unless they're going to write it into the storyline (well, it's a bit late now), they need to do a better job of covering it up.

I'm surprised Denise put the kybosh on her thing with Kush; I thought they were gonna have a fling.

Why though? I dont see how it makes much difference as viewers know she is pregnant! She is just acting the role. The unsubtle ways to cover bumps up on soaps are almost always worse! Big coats in the middle of Spring/Summer etc!
    I get your point of course but its not a huge thing.

On another note, just read this story. They are one of Irelands biggest bands at the mo

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/this-cradle-will-rock-1.1269900

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Did you link the wrong story or did I just miss the link between it and Eastenders?

dee_mc wrote: »
    Did you link the wrong story or did I just miss the link between it and Eastenders?

clearly no link to Eastenders. I was literally just reading it and posted it as it was a baby related. Sort of story you'd only hear in a soap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

We will have to wait for 2017 for the Kat and Alfie spin off.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/eastenders/entries/9992c80b-a7fe-4c42-8f15-79abf181163b

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Most hateful character is that thing called "babe". Who is the carter's aunty and works in the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Most hateful character is that thing called "babe". Who is the carter's aunty and works in the pub.

Ridiculous character.. evil without a cause or reason . ..like Corrie'sTracy Barlow. Daft and pantomime-like. Eastenders is usually more realistic then that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Babe: 'you don't get your meat where you get your potatoes'
    😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

scalled babe!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Lackey wrote: »
    Laughed out loud when evil babe came out with that. Isn't kim one of the best characters in eastenders. Love the way she goes on. Her mannerisms, her walk ,the way she looks at people. Class. And linda a real east end mum. Nothing is ever her kids fault. "He must have got clamidia when he was in the army.". !!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Lackey wrote: »
    😂

I don't understand this comment?
    Can anyone explain it to me please?

Lisha wrote: »
    I don't understand this comment?
    Can anyone explain it to me please?

I think that Abi should not have slept with someone from where she works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Don't sleep with the people you work with.

Edit:Must get faster at that typing lark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think that Abi should not have slept with someone from where she works

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement