Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Don't sleep with the people you work with.

Edit:Must get faster at that typing lark.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What now for Whitney, off to live with Bianca

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Are we meant to be interested in this Lee and Whitney story. He is one of the worst characters in a soap of late. And she is as interesting as a wet teabag for the last few years. Forgot she was even there.
    Maybe they are leading up to something or they are just trying to justify their wage packet by giving them some air time. But they are a boring, pointless and chemistry lacking couple. Her kissing his father and suddenly she is the complete victim.

Then she breaks up with him! Where the hell is she going to live?! With Lauren and Abi?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Are we meant to be interested in this Lee and Whitney story. He is one of the worst characters in a soap of late. And she is as interesting as a wet teabag for the last few years. Forgot she was even there.
    Maybe they are leading up to something or they are just trying to justify their wage packet by giving them some air time. But they are a boring, pointless and chemistry lacking couple. Her kissing his father and suddenly she is the complete victim.

Then she breaks up with him! Where the hell is she going to live?! With Lauren and Abi?!
    I think it's a brilliant story line. Any thing to get away from the Mitchell s for a while.

I think it's a brilliant story line. Any thing to get away from the Mitchell s for a while.

Its not the story, it is the characters, Lee is awful.

• Advertisement

Its not the story, it is the characters, Lee is awful.
    He is supposed to be suffering from depression. He is acting !.

eh, who said anything about the characters depression? I just think he is a dull character, adds nothing to the show and a very mediocre actor with one facial expression. Ive always maintained this opinion about him. The depression plot was only brought in last year, and he was just as dull, if not more, before that. I think he was just shoehorned in to make the Carters bigger. All he does is mope about the pub and has very little interaction with other characters bar his family etc.

Don't get me wrong, he isn't a character that you hate or would wish ill events on and he is just a normal guy and the depression aspect has a lot of realism to it but that doesn't excuse the fact, as a sum of all parts, he is a character who is not interesting to me and from what I read a lot of viewers. He has no scene presence in my opinion and he would be soon forgotten if he disappeared (maybe even by the residents themselves!!)

eh, who said anything about the characters depression? I just think he is a dull character, adds nothing to the show and a very mediocre actor witwell h one facial expression. Ive always maintained this opinion about him. The depression plot was only brought in last year, and he was just as dull, if not more, before that. I think he was just shoehorned in to make the Carters bigger. All he does is mope about the pub and has very little interaction with other characters bar his family etc.

Don't get me wrong, he isn't a character that you hate or would wish ill events on and he is just a normal guy and the depression aspect has a lot of realism to it but that doesn't excuse the fact, as a sum of all parts, he is a character who is not interesting to me and from what I read a lot of viewers. He has no scene presence in my opinion and he would be soon forgotten if he disappeared (maybe even by the residents themselves!!)
    Well in my opinion he is certainly not the worst actor in the soap by a long chalk. He is probably been directed by producers to act that way. There is a likeness between him and mick ( soap dad ). I still think. He is like that from the depression story line. Also he had to leave the army due to stress. There is obviously big story lines coming up for him now. So maybe we will see his true acting ability shine through. As I said before its a welcome break from Ben ian and the Mitchell s.

The Carters have become very unlikable and really don't like new Johnny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Especially Mick who has all of a sudden become holier than thou and self righteous. He's so judgmental towards people now that it's become very annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

As I said before I am a few weeks behind you guys. We just had the Gavin taking Kathy and locking her in a big house and his sister dying episode - seriously what a load of nonsense. No build up to it at all. The hide and seek bit was so annoying. What the hell was it all about. It was one of the worst episodes I have ever seen, and as a foil to the Peggy funeral thing it did not work at all. They usually throw some humour in when it is a sad episode, it could have done with some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

Love the way the light finally dawned with Ronnie. She's very quick on the uptake, no doubt about it....

Riddle101 wrote: »

Especially Mick who has all of a sudden become holier than thou and self righteous. He's so judgmental towards people now that it's become very annoying.
    Love the carter family. Episode was brilliant last night. Don't really like the person who lives with martin and Stacey. Had brilliant scenes with Ronnie last night and was not up to scratch for it in my opinion.

Ah ffs Linda was hoping Whitney was off to Bianca's, far too long out stayed on the show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Whitney is pathetic, Lee gives her the clap and lets her think she gave it to him and yet she still takes him back.

I'm sick of Mick and Linda as well, especially when she keeps calling Jonny "sausage".

Whitney is pathetic, Lee gives her the clap and lets her think she gave it to him and yet she still takes him back.

I'm sick of Mick and Linda as well, especially when she keeps calling Jonny "sausage".
    Maybe couldn't face the thought of going back to live with biaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanca. Also linda had a really good chat with her. Linda would be a more motherly figure for Whitney than biaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanca could ever be. Imo that's why she stayed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Yeah I think it's true to the character for Whit to decide to stay with Clap Boy, all she really wants is stability and I'd say in her own twisted, damaged way she can see the position of 'power' she's in now as the 'bigger person'. The mother/daughter relationship she craves with Linda is interesting too - she's certainly all about faaaaaaamily!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I don't think Whitney is pathetic but still suffering from the abuse by her "step-father" Tony and later by Rob. Both men brainwashed her into believing that no man would want her after the things they did to her. She has very low self-esteem and still blames herself for what happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Nice touch with Courtney, more Tiffany than platinum blonde Mitchell.

I will miss Andy he is such a good *coughs hot* actor :o

• Advertisement

I will miss Andy he is such a good *coughs hot* actor :o
    Yeah he was defo eye candy. Pity he's gone. But the new eye candy is back now in the final 5 seconds........................I am joking.

Oh no. Please don't say babe is on to the undertakers looking for more money. Not with all that's happened to paul. Is she that heartless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Yes. But hopefully she will get her comeuppance now Claudette knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Babe looked like the Chucky doll when she pushed open the door and threatened Abbie chucky-124140.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

casio4 wrote: »
    Babe looked like the Chucky doll when she pushed open the door and threatened Abbie chucky-124140.jpg

She always looks like Chucky imho

Belinda after Grant now Mick will be jealous :p

Who will kill Babe, Claudette or Abi

Belinda after Grant now Mick will be jealous :p

Who will kill Babe, Claudette or Abi
    Claudette hopefully. She is pauls grandparents best friend. And then her son can get the body disposed of. As he is now friends with his mum again.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

So Grant turns up and tells Sharon he loves her while Phil is upstairs, it's a bit of a rehash of the story in the pub when everyone heard the confession that she slept with Grant

casio4 wrote: »
    So Grant turns up and tells Sharon he loves her while Phil is upstairs, it's a bit of a rehash of the story in the pub when everyone heard the confession that she slept with Grant

Its an awful load of sh1te. Is that all they could think of! Is he actually back for a good bit or whats happening?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

How long has Courtney lived abroad? Was just thinking her London accent is very strong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement