Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Abi must really love that job

another stupid, almost pantomine like plot!! Why would someone be that desperate for a job serving a bit of pie and mash that she is effectively putting herself in danger now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Abi not working in vet clinic anymore? Also how can her and Lauren just act normal and friendly and not angry at Beales over what they did to their father Max

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Abi not working in vet clinic anymore? Also how can her and Lauren just act normal and friendly and not angry at Beales over what they did to their father Max

its ridiculous! The one scene in weeks i saw of Lauren was yesterday and she was wheeling the woman who framed her father and almost her sister (and even potentially her!) for murdering her best friend!

Its bizarre writing! That and the ridiculous situation that she would head off to the sunset with her childhood boyfriend, the father of her child and return a few months later with his mentally ill stepbrother in her arms!!

She is a poor actress also!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

what was the point of bringing Kathy back from the dead? they are doing feck all with the character. Since she came back she's in Ians' kitchen doing the dishes and snogging Buster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

casio4 wrote: »
    what was the point of bringing Kathy back from the dead? they are doing feck all with the character. Since she came back she's in Ians' kitchen doing the dishes and snogging Buster

At the minute they are doing feck all with the cast. Not showing Dean's trail was a poor finish to a good story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Not having Dean go to jail was a poor decision, now we get more episodes of everyone moping instead of a sense of justice..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

I read an article with the EP giving his reasoning for the verdict. He said he wanted to reflect the reality of the low rape conviction stats, so it makes sense from that perspective.

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    I read an article with the EP giving his reasoning for the verdict. He said he wanted to reflect the reality of the low rape conviction stats, so it makes sense from that perspective.

Dean wasn't charged with Linda's rape only attempted rape of Roxy, but he also tried to kill Shirley at Mick's wedding how could the jury not take that also into account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    Dean wasn't charged with Linda's rape only attempted rape of Roxy, but he also tried to kill Shirley at Mick's wedding how could the jury not take that also into account

I was wondering that but if I remember correctly shirley and mick didn't tell the cops the full story of what happened at the wedding

Danny-Boy Hatchard is being written out of EastEnders (so bye bye Lee Carter)

• Advertisement

great news. Awful character. One can only hope Danny Dyer and Tina and Sonya follow.
    Leave Kellie Bright

great news. Awful character. One can only hope Danny Dyer and Tina and Sonya follow.
    Leave Kellie Bright

Both the actresses who play Linda and Sonia will be going on maternity leave soon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Leave Kellie Bright
    Danny dyer is probably the best actor in eastenders at the moment. Your comment about him imo is ridiculous.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I think it's a shame they went with a depression storyline for Lee and then basically did nothing with it. What was even the point? Instead we get this ridiculous storyline with Babe? Some very bizarre decisions being made behind the scenes at Eastenders, the show is so directionless right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Danny dyer is probably the best actor in eastenders at the moment. Your comment about him imo is ridiculous.

Steve McFadden, Adam Woodyatt and Ross Kemp wipe the floor with Danny Dyer.

Steve McFadden, Adam Woodyatt and Ross Kemp wipe the floor with Danny Dyer.
    I was talking about established actors. Not ones who have no versatility. Kellie Bright is also versatile.

I was talking about established actors. Not ones who have no versatility. Kellie Bright is also versatile.

What:confused: Steve McFadden, Adam Woodyatt and Ross Kemp are very established and versatile actors.

Danny Dyer wouldn't even compare himself with them. He is very honest about his acting abilities.

What:confused: Steve McFadden, Adam Woodyatt and Ross Kemp are very established and versatile actors.

Danny Dyer wouldn't even compare himself with them. He is very honest about his acting abilities.
    Danny dyer has been in numerous other projects. The others apart from ross Kemp have nothing on their cvs apart from eastenders. They are settled and set in their ways. Eastenders must be thanking their god the day danny dyer and kellie bright came on board. Imo

Danny dyer has been in numerous other projects. The others apart from ross Kemp have nothing on their cvs apart from eastenders. They are settled and set in their ways. Eastenders must be thanking their god the day danny dyer and kellie bright came on board. Imo

That's nonsense. Just because Danny Dyer was in other things does not make him a good actor especially when he plays the same character in each film. If you need a cockney wide boy get Danny Dyer and he plays the same character in EastEnders.

Steve and Adam may have EastEnders as their main project but they have covered so much in that time alcoholism, mental breakdown, addiction, loss of a child. To say they are not versatile is ridiculous.

If you are an eastenders fan. You will realise how silly your last post looks. Telling me what adam and Steve have dealt with over the past 30 plus years. Get up to date and revisit the amazing story lines that danny dyer has dealt with since he joined eastenders with his family including his elderly father. Not knowing who his real mother was. Finding out its his sister. His wife getting raped by his half brother. His son suffering depression. His baby not been well. His half brother trying to kill his mother. And so so so many more I have forgotten.

• Advertisement

"Danny Dyer is the best actor in Eastenders at the moment"....................:D
    Yeah.
    Smiley face. Smiley face. Smiley face.

If you are an eastenders fan. You will realise how silly your last post looks. Telling me what adam and Steve have dealt with over the past 30 plus years. Get up to date and revisit the amazing story lines that danny dyer has dealt with since he joined eastenders with his family including his elderly father. Not knowing who his real mother was. Finding out its his sister. His wife getting raped by his half brother. His son suffering depression. His baby not been well. His half brother trying to kill his mother. And so so so many more I have forgotten.

My post looks silly. You are the one claiming Danny Dyer is the best actor in EastEnders. You are obviously a troll.

My post looks silly. You are the one claiming Danny Dyer is the best actor in EastEnders. You are obviously a troll.
    I think the word is fan.

"Danny Dyer is the best actor in Eastenders at the moment"....................:D

Adam Woodyatt, Steve McFadden, Kemp (when he is knocking about, Linda Henry, Lacey Turner, Diane Parish, Shona McGarty, Ann Mitchell, Samantha Womack, James Bye, June Brown, Jake Wood (he's on the cast list still), Nitin Ganatra, Jamie Borthwick (when he finally gets a chance) are all better actors, some overwhelmingly so.

Anyway, I never said anything about his acting regardless? Why is it a ridiculous comment if I want him gone!!!

Just because they threw story after story at him does not make him this brilliant actor either, if that is your argument!!.His handling of emotion like rage and sadness was at time excruciating to watch (I can still see that cringeworthy scene scene in my head when he trashes the christmas dinner!) Kellie Bright has carried him often as has Linda Henry and Tim West. He was blessed having those around him.
    He has built up a great persona in the media, has presence and charisma and is likeable to the masses and but to call him the "best character in EE" is a very bold statement.

Most of his past roles he played almost the exact same character,basically himself to a point!

Anyway that is my views. But you called my post ridiculous (even though at the time I said nothing about his acting) so there you go!

Only a few days ago you were sagging off the actress who plays lauren. I also think she is a good actress. As I think danny dyer is also. But when I as a tv viewer stick up for these people. I get sarcasm and called a " troll ". Seems it's ok to have all your comments but if anyone disagree s then hard luck. I get the message ok.

Only a few days ago you were sagging off the actress who plays lauren. I also think she is a good actress. As I think danny dyer is also. But when I as a tv viewer stick up for these people. I get sarcasm and called a " troll ". Seems it's ok to have all your comments but if anyone disagree s then hard luck. I get the message ok.

Yep, Jacqueline Jossa is very poor? I never called you a troll. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Didn't say you called me a troll. Some poster Meauldsegosha did. I think the actress who plays lauren is very good. No need to type in heavy print I am well able to read. And also express my own opinion s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Danny Dyer a good actor:confused::confused:

Everything is so overplayed with him from being funny to angry to sad..

There is absolutely no comparison with him and Steve Mcfadden IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Danny has done well as Mick, I wouldn't take it away from him, but I think he's lucky to have EE, not the other way round.

There's a reason why the likes of Mark Kermode eviscerated him years ago: he was a joke.

• Advertisement

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Danny has done well as Mick, I wouldn't take it away from him, but I think he's lucky to have EE, not the other way round.

There's a reason why the likes of Mark Kermode eviscerated him years ago: he was a joke.
    Does mark kermode know that "wasp" was an academy wining film. Staring danny. Also I am nearly sure that jim Sheridan was do impressed with Danny that he paid for him to travel to ireland to appear in borstal boy years ago. His cv only has east enders on it for a couple of lines. He has done numerous other gigs unlike Steve and Adam.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement