Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

January wrote: »
    Ok can someone explain why they left Jay behind?

The chemistry between ben and jay is the best thing in eastenders.don't get how ben could have left him there..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I was let down by the whole thing with Ben and Grant leaving Jay behind. It would have taken them a second to open the van and let Jay out. They still had time before the police arrived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

http://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/celebrity-news/eastenders-fans-left-confused-soap-8784254.

some fans are saying Ben was deaf, I know he used wear a hearing aid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

fin12 wrote: »
    http://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/celebrity-news/eastenders-fans-left-confused-soap-8784254.

Yeah good point, I didn't notice the glasses not being smashed :D Yeah I always thought he had some kind of deafness as he used to wear a hearing aid in each ear AFAIK but he doesn't seem to have any problems with even slight hearing now. They must be magic hearing aids capable of restoring all hearing perfectly :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Apparently he was deaf in one ear only from birth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭tk123

January wrote: »
    Apparently he was deaf in one ear only from birth.

No he had meningitis as a baby! I feel old now remembering that lol :o:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I wanted Grant to use his bat by cracking a few skulls, he used to be a nutjob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

He still does you can see it in many scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Best episode of eastenders for ages. Brilliant acting. Especially Pauls nan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I enjoyed Grant smacking Ian

I bet Jane wishes she stayed with Grant and took off with him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

That was a good funeral

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

Best episode of eastenders for ages. Brilliant acting. Especially Pauls nan.

And Ians jaw !!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Lovely to see Michael Cashman back as Colin, however briefly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

washiskin wrote: »
    Does he use that walking stick in real life. Or is it a prop for eastenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

washiskin wrote: »

I can't remember who Colin is. I'm guessing it's a gay wedding though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

Colin,as in colin and barry? Wouldn't have recognised him..

I'm not a Sonia fan but how does she stick Tina and Sylvie, I'd run far away from them, two ungrateful c*nts especially Tina

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Jay should start rapping and do a cover of Dr Dre's Forgot About Dre, but call it Forgot About Jay. His rapper name could be Ginger Slim.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm not a Sonia fan but how does she stick Tina and Sylvie, I'd run far away from them, two ungrateful c*nts especially Tina

Another great post Liz :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I bet Jane will tell Mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Awful episode, so many ridiculous story lines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Awful episode, so many ridiculous story lines

Agree. Didn't show the funeral or the wedding. Looks like they are fast forwarding through things.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Mindset

Who was Colin and Barry? Im lost with this storyline, and what was the point of it anyway?
    Anyone else think les looks a bit like the walking dead himself?

Ok how can Ben give Phil his liver? Wouldn't he have to be dead first, seeing as we only have one liver?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Ok how can Ben give Phil his liver? Wouldn't he have to be dead first, seeing as we only have one liver?

Live doner transplant is possible, I think they take half and he will manage without it. I'm sure we will find out!!

Does he use that walking stick in real life. Or is it a prop for eastenders.

His character is living with MS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Living Donors
    Although each person has only one liver and would die without it, it is possible to donate a portion of the liver for transplantation into another individual. The segmental anatomy (see figure below) allows surgeons to create grafts of varying size, depending upon the recipient's requirement for liver tissue. The partial livers in both the donor and the recipient will grow to provide normal liver function for both individuals.

Historically, this procedure was developed to enable transplantation of children as it was difficult to find suitable livers from deceased donors for this group. To transplant a child, typically a graft comprised of segments 2 and 3, together known as the left lateral segment representing 20-25% of the whole liver volume, is used.

Transplantation of an older child or perhaps a petite adult, however, may require segments 2, 3, and 4, together known as the left lobe and representing approximately 40% of the whole liver volume. During the past decade, however, this technique has been further extended to enable transplantation of adults using the right lobe, segments 5, 6, 7, and 8, which account for approximately 60% of the total liver volume. An adult-to-adult living donor liver transplant is highly complex and technically challenging procedure that carries a significant risk for both the donor and the recipient.

liver segments - ILLab258

The liver is divided into eight (8) segments reflecting the eight (8) major divisions of the portal vein and the bile duct. Image provided courtesty of Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland (RCSI) under Creative Common License.http://www.healcentral.org/

Mindset wrote: »
    Who was Colin and Barry? Im lost with this storyline, and what was the point of it anyway?

Colin was a graphic designer who moved into the square and fell in love with Barry, a market trader who was younger than him. Colin was insistent that Barry wait until it was legal for them to be together, age wise. They shared the first gay kiss on British television.

Live doner transplant is possible, I think they take half and he will manage without it. I'm sure we will find out!!

Oh right thanks.

• Advertisement

I wanted Grant and his son to stay

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement