Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Grant has always been my favourite character (yes I fancy him too) but I wish he'd either stay for good or just go.

This dropping in and out of the soap willy-nilly is doing my head in and makes me feel Ross Kemp doesn't really want to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I wanted Grant and his son to stay

Agreed. Eastenders has pissed all over it's young cast the past year. So to get rid of Courtney, Mark & Jay(temporarily) all in one go was a bad move in my opinion. If that really was Grants last ever ever ever appearence i would have liked a bigger deal of it and maybe Julia's theme as he left. Instead i felt it was a bit meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

fussyonion wrote: »
    Grant has always been my favourite character (yes I fancy him too) but I wish he'd either stay for good or just go.

This dropping in and out of the soap willy-nilly is doing my head in and makes me feel Ross Kemp doesn't really want to be there.

To be fair I think Kemp more or less admitted that himself. I think he only came back for Barbara Windsor and then agreed to do a mini storyline born out of that.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next time we see Grant is when Kemp decides he wants the character written out i.e. dead.

That being said, I do think we'll see Tiffany and Mark junior again, as they're "legacy characters". I don't think they'd have gone to the bother of casting the roles if they weren't planning on revisiting them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭HS3

I wish there was a world where Grant was back full time in EE! I haven't watched in so long and not a clue how most characters have ended up in their very unusual circles (from where I left it) but my god its worth all the foggy melodrama just for Grant again! The excitement of the opening theme when you wondered who he'd be thumping today. ...to have that back is worth every second of having to endure Sharon and her tan and Ian and his whinging. Trying to watch as many times as I can before it's gone from the player! :pac:

Seeing Colin again was lovely! I remember it back then and the time he handed Dot the leaflet. Very nice touch having him back I tthought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Even if Grants return was kind of pointless and underwhelming he's still better than 90% of anything has on the show currently.

Only reason for him to ever appear again is if Phil ever dies :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I don't really understand all the Grant worship. I enjoy Ross Kemp as an actor but never empathised with the character of Grant. I always found Phil to be a more complex and diverse character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

I don't get the Grant worship either, I like him as a character but, I don't like Ross Kemp as an actor. I like Phil as both a very well developed character and I think that Steve is an excellent actor. #teamphil :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Think ross Kemp is ok as an actor. Million times better than say the beale family heirlooms. Or latest recruited batch of teenagers.??. But must admit he is better at the gangland documentaries he does. The one about gangs in brixton and Peckham london was pure class. Frightening but true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

I agree he is brilliant at those. I saw one he did about a biker gang and the rape culture among that particular gang and it was terrifying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I haven't really watched any of Ross Kempis documentaries, must try and watch them now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Nearly every time Ross kemp was on screen I thought he was presenting one of his documentaries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I'd like to see Grant back full time too, but I also think to his sporadic appearances are good for his character too. It allows him to keep that aura he has every time he returns to Eastenders, and keeps his character strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Mindset

I like Grant too and wish he was staying. Im so bored with the Mitchels, and their 'family' motto.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Nearly every time Ross kemp was on screen I thought he was presenting one of his documentaries.

I was hoping he would have made a quick spoof 5 min doc for Comic Relief or CIN.

'This week, i'm in Walford in the east end of London where i'll be meeting a hardened bunch called the Mitchells and examining their fights with the equally frightening family known as..........the Beales'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

malcy wrote: »
    I was hoping he would have made a quick spoof 5 min doc for Comic Relief or CIN.

'This week, i'm in Walford in the east end of London where i'll be meeting a hardened bunch called the Mitchells and examining their fights with the equally frightening family known as..........the Beales'!

in fairness, that would have been good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Isn't it great everyone around has forgotten the Beales set up Max, now Sonia being all nice to Jane :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

fin12 wrote: »
    I was going to write that maybe the tattoo was done when the guy was drunk. But obviously not as that would have taken a couple of sessions. So all I can think is yeah WEIRD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Keep thinking sonias saying ketamine

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

"Oh, I don't like happy people" :pac:
    I feel you Denise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

fin12 wrote: »

Why oh why did I click on that link! :) Now that I've seen it I can't unsee it :eek::eek::eek:

That is so so disturbing and incredibly strange!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Why oh why did I click on that link! :) Now that I've seen it I can't unsee it :eek::eek::eek:

That is so so disturbing and incredibly strange!

I think it's Dot Brannings arse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Stacey put a lot of work into the dinner in last nights episode, 2 sausages and a scoop of mash.

Stacey put a lot of work into the dinner in last nights episode, 2 sausages and a scoop of mash.
    Looked like she was serving dinner up for an army camp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Sonia should kick Tina and the crazy woman out of her house and let Martin and Stacey live there?

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Sonia should kick Tina and the crazy woman out of her house and let Martin and Stacey live there?

It is Janine's house, would she allow Stacey to live there, they have history over Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

I can't stop thinking about the episode of one foot in the grave where's there a mix up of Margaret being in Kettering but the woman phoning think s she is in catering. Funny.
    Last night that whole drama over the darts and market woman swooning over masood boring episode.

Ellen Thomas who plays Claudette is leaving too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Looked like she was serving dinner up for an army camp.

To be fair how many people live in her house.

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ellen Thomas who plays Claudette is leaving too
    Ah no. I like her.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement