Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Kyle is leaving too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

kitten_k wrote: »
    Kyle is leaving too
    Good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

kitten_k wrote: »
    Kyle is leaving too

Seems to be a clearout happening in EE

Claudette. Kyle. I.think some poster said micks son in pub as well. Also the undertakers are going as well. Seems to me a new family of 5 are moving into albert square. !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

kitten_k wrote:
    Kyle is leaving too

He had absolutely no effect on the show, and neither will his exit. What did he do really apart from cook?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

I had to think who Claudette and Kyle were for a minute there

Robsweezie wrote: »
    He had absolutely no effect on the show, and neither will his exit. What did he do really apart from cook?

Blackmail Stephen Beale :p

Robsweezie wrote: »
    kitten_k wrote:
    Kyle is leaving too

No idea. What was the point of kyle ????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I think claudette is memorable because she has the biggest set of airbags that saved her when she was fell down the stairs.

fin12 wrote: »

I think claudette is memorable because she has the biggest set of airbags that saved her when she was fell down the stairs.
    And also when she went to Pauls funeral she made no attempt to even cover them out of respect. Ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

And also when she went to Pauls funeral she made no attempt to even cover them out of respect. Ha

Haha that was hilarious, when she wore that red dress it was unreal. I had a great storyline which I couldn't understand why she didn't use her assets to her advantage, remember that time she was being blackmailed by Gavin and she slept with him thinking he would let it go then but he didn't he still insisted he wanted his money and then she was so angry she hit him from behind but she didn't kill him,anyway my point is why didn't she just use her airbags to smoother him while they were with each other, she could have pulled it off as a complete accident and got away Scott free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

Surely they introduced Kyle to have a storyline about the fact that he is trans, rather than him just being trans and very few people actually knowing about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I was only thinking the other day that there hasn't been a new family in ages.

Kyle won't be missed. They haven't done anything with the character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Kyle's character was a bit of an odd one alright. I thought they brought him in to either highlight the fact that he was transgender or to reveal something new about Stacy's father's second family, but we've seen very little about either. Can't say I'll miss Kyle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Bringing back Johnny Carter was another odd choice, at least the old actor could play the part, this guy is like watching paint dry.

Something similar to "fookin ell" Danny Dyer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Is Kim the new Roxy "Vincent she's my sister":)

Please please please. Does anyone know who the landlady of the other pub in darts competition is. I know she is quite well known. But can't place her. Driving me mad !.

Is Kim the new Roxy "Vincent she's my sister":)
    Kim is defo my favourite actress now in eastenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Please please please. Does anyone know who the landlady of the other pub in darts competition is. I know she is quite well known. But can't place her. Driving me mad !.

She played Rodney's wife Cassandra in "Only Fools and Horses".

She played Rodney's wife Cassandra in "Only Fools and Horses".
    Thank you so so much. It was driving me nuts. Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Eastenders is so silly and OTT at the moment, it badly needs some decent storylines. I don't understand why they can't make the show more realistic and relatable for the everyday viewer. I understand that for the sake of the show it does need to transcend reality somewhat, but how many baby storylines can a show do? I'd love to see something hard-hitting, such as perhaps a suicide and how it affects the family. Bit grim I know but it's certainly something that's being talked about right now, although less so in Britain perhaps. I'd love to have seen Lee's depression storyline developed properly, but instead they decided to focus on all that nonsense with Babe. They need to make better use of the few very good actors/actresses that they actually have, for example Denise is far too good for this silly baby storyline. I also think Rebecca has a lot of potential, I'd like to see her get something decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

I don't understand why they can't make the show more realistic and relatable for the everyday viewer. such as perhaps a suicide and how it affects the family.

Good point actually. I'm open to correction but I don't think any of the soaps have ever tackled the subject. It seems to he the last taboo of storylines. I wonder why that is. Obviously it would be heartbreaking to watch from the view of anyone who could relate but I guess you could say that about any subject matter, miscarriage, rape, cancer, incest, abuse.

Of course the minute one soap decides to broach it, all the others will follow suit.

I don't understand why they can't make the show more realistic and relatable for the everyday viewer. such as perhaps a suicide and how it affects the family.

Good point actually. I'm open to correction but I don't think any of the soaps have ever tackled the subject. It seems to he the last taboo of storylines. I wonder why that is. Obviously it would be heartbreaking to watch from the view of anyone who could relate but I guess you could say that about any subject matter, miscarriage, rape, cancer, incest, abuse.

Of course the minute one soap decides to broach it, all the others will follow suit.
    Personally I hope they don't do a suicide storyline. Whilst it is sadly an everyday occurrence in this country. I don't think to sensationalise it would be fair to the friends and families who have often found their loved ones dead. It could even turn some people over the edge. To find a find or family member dead from suicide is one of the worse things any one can encounter ever. So defo NO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

So defo NO.

I agree in theory but you could say that about every tragic storyline. Everything is relative. Miscarriage, cot death, child abuse, means nothing to me personally thankfully but it would knock me sideways if id lived it and saw it recreated onscreen. You can portray things sensitively and without being graphic too.

Personally I hope they don't do a suicide storyline. Whilst it is sadly an everyday occurrence in this country. I don't think to sensationalise it would be fair to the friends and families who have often found their loved ones dead. It could even turn some people over the edge. To find a find or family member dead from suicide is one of the worse things any one can encounter ever. So defo NO.
    Miscarriage. Rape. Cancer. Incest and abuse have all been covered sensativitily in various soaps over the years. But I really don't think imo suicide should be. It's too raw for people left behind living with their loss daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Caprica

Aunt Babe is the latest cast member to pack her bags. Hopefully she gets her comeuppance before she leaves. I don't like the character but Annette Badland plays her well.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/eastenders/news/a808290/aunt-babe-annette-badland-leaves-eastenders/

A pretty big clear out is happening at the moment. I am a bit disappointed to hear that Kyle is leaving but while he was potentiallyan interesting character very little was done with him.

I enjoyed the Grant storyline, particularly his Liam Neeson in Taken adventure and also the Coker storyline but it's a bit of the boil now.

Did Babe ever pay back Les the blackmail cash, I thought Mick or Linda would have made her

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did Babe ever pay back Les the blackmail cash, I thought Mick or Linda would have made her
    It wasn't even mentioned. So no don't think she did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Looks like the obnoxious old bag got away with it :mad:

• Advertisement

maurv1 wrote: »

Looks like the obnoxious old bag got away with it :mad:
    Thought with mick and Linda been so into "family " they would have made her ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement