Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Was Lily part of the wedding?

I didn't see her but I thought when Lee was mumbling his speech after he said Tiff & Lily looked great?

I was expecting some big drama to ruin the wedding day!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Yeah Lee thanked Lily and Tiff. We didn't see Lily though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,722 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

When is Lee going I am so sick of his sour puss every scene...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    When is Lee going I am so sick of his sour puss every scene...
    He was well cast as there is a look of danny dyer about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

A registry office wedding and a party in the Vic afterwards, no wonder Lee needed a loan shark!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

IvySlayer wrote:
    A registry office wedding and a party in the Vic afterwards, no wonder Lee needed a loan shark!

Don't forget buying pairs of 60 pound earrings - the whole event looked like it cost about a grand, surely they could've shown a bit of wanton extravagance to make the loan shark angle a bit more plausible!
    Having said that, I'm feeling increasingly sorry for Lee. The actor is obviously either an absolute genius at playing the part of a desolate, lost young man, or else he's an actual corpse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭baldbear

Christ your soul can be sucked out of you working in a cold call centre.

Poor Lee.

dee_mc wrote: »
    Don't forget buying pairs of 60 pound earrings - the whole event looked like it cost about a grand, surely they could've shown a bit of wanton extravagance to make the loan shark angle a bit more plausible!
    Having said that, I'm feeling increasingly sorry for Lee. The actor is obviously either an absolute genius at playing the part of a desolate, lost young man, or else he's an actual corpse.
    That place lee is working in woul depress aanyone. It's terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Eastenders may be called LeeEnders

Practically Every episode last 3 weeks has given hi the duff duff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

So Lee is telling his family huge porkies about his job. It's far from a city job - it's a miserable call centre where the management treat the staff like sh*t.

I see Lee taking out more loans and getting into a mountain of debt. It is the only way the EE scriptwriters have this storyline going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Baybay

Lee looks to be teetering on the edge. I wonder if suicide is his exit storyline?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,750 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

malcy wrote: »
    According to RTE
    Ian Lavender is returning as Derek

Not reported anywhere else so reckon they broke embargo by reporting it early.

EastEnders is bringing back Dad's Army star Ian Lavender to play Derek Harkinson once again.

Lavender - who originally starred in the BBC soap between 2001 and 2005 - will briefly return to Albert Square for multiple episodes airing across the festive season.

While he was never a marquee character, Derek is probably best remembered for his loveable friendship with Pauline Fowler and as a mentor of sorts to her son Martin.

The close bond between the families was originally struck somewhat surprisingly when Derek rebuffed a romantic pass from Pauline because he's gay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

The most stup1d aspect of this story is that his family bought that a non qualified guy who had been pulling a few pints or selling fish for the last few years would instantly get a job a business graduate would struggle to get. No questions asked at all just, "I am so proud of you" uttered constantly at him.

Baybay wrote: »
    Lee looks to be teetering on the edge. I wonder if suicide is his exit storyline?

Hope not.

Poor Lee, that was awful its bad enough. Working in a place like that without getting bullied aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,750 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The most stup1d aspect of this story is that his family bought that a non qualified guy who had been pulling a few pints or selling fish for the last few years would instantly get a job a business graduate would struggle to get. No questions asked at all just, "I am so proud of you" uttered constantly at him.

Did he not train as a plumber or electrician after the army :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

Hope not.

I think it will be. Have EE tackled suicide before?

Didn'T Peggie kill herself.

• Advertisement

Really hope not. It' one of the story lines that I really hate. Too final. With no coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

fin12 wrote: »
    Didn'T Peggie kill herself.

Oh yes that's true. That played more as euthanasia though didn't it? this would be more true to life with the amount of young men who do actually take their own lives.

Would make hard watching though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Stella jumped off a roof when Phil confronted her about bullying Ben.

There been a couple of suicide attempts, Kat cutting her wrists I remember. It does seem Lee's storyline will end in a suicide attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Really hope not. It' one of the story lines that I really hate. Too final. With no coming back.

I think it would be very good way of highlighting the issue among young people, particularly young males as it would highlight that even someone who looks like they have everything going for them (wife, "city" job, loving family) can have problems behind closed doors.

That said though, Lee isn't depicted as being anywhere near suicidal yet (even in private). Very depressed, yes - but he got over losing the baby and even being told later that the STD could have caused it hasn't pushed him over the edge (on screen). Let's hope that if they do this storyline, the reason isn't made out to a poxy £2000 debt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Alice1

I hope they do the office bullying story justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

In real life he has dyslexia and was bullied in school. Fair play to him for working with Mind to get a grip on what depression is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

In real life he has dyslexia and was bullied in school. Fair play to him for working with Mind to get a grip on what depression is like.

Yeah, he's doing a good job alright. Didn't know he had dyslexia. Learning lines must be hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

Why dont they give lee a job in the pub ..bloody ridiculous :/

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Holysock

I wonder which of them will conveniently be a donor match for Phil, whose doctor at some stage said he'd likely be dead by the Christmas episodes without a new liver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Did he not train as a plumber or electrician after the army :confused:

Yeah, I think he was working as an electrician at one point, he did a few jobs on the square, although I think he was the reason for Stacey getting electrocuted, or he was blamed for it. Either way, he doesn't seem to be doing it now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement