Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭silverlight69

Lisha wrote: »
    It's bloody Mick who needs the wake to call more than Lee. Lee needs proper help

Is it me or is Mick drunk all the time? He is always dopey when he is speaking.

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Stacey look miffed with michelle, now she knows how martin feels when she's with max.

I think Stacey feels inadequate at cooking when Michelle is showing off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Was it on tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The old Michelle wasn't very domesticated and homely and is the new one a teacher in Florida?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

If your sister-in-law (who you'd never met) was a guest in your home, despite you not particularly liking her, would you really be blatantly rude to her, the way Stacey is being to Michelle?
    It's baffling.

It's also baffling how Donna didn't overhear from someone about Ronnie and Roxy.
    I know Jack didn't want many people knowing because he hadn't told the kids, but c'mon; a few people DID know. Wouldn't this piece of news just get around despite your best efforts?

Where's Kim gone?

When is Denise's baby due?

• Advertisement

fussyonion wrote: »
    If your sister-in-law (who you'd never met) was a guest in your home, despite you not particularly liking her, would you really be blatantly rude to her, the way Stacey is being to Michelle?
    It's baffling.

It's also baffling how Donna didn't overhear from someone about Ronnie and Roxy.
    I know Jack didn't want many people knowing because he hadn't told the kids, but c'mon; a few people DID know. Wouldn't this piece of news just get around despite your best efforts?

Where's Kim gone?

When is Denise's baby due?

Yes very true and Martin had to put up with Belinda, Kyle and Andy living in with them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

fussyonion wrote: »

Where's Kim gone?

On holiday with Vincent and Pearl in Montenegro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

fin12 wrote: »
    Was it on tonight?
    Yes and it's on on Thursday for an hour from 8pm and NOT on Friday as there is an FA Cup game on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Whitney and honesty in the same sentence? lol

If honesty is all they have why not tell Lee she kissed his dad?

Whitney and honesty in the same sentence? lol

If honesty is all they have why not tell Lee she kissed his dad?

I thought she did :confused:

I am so sick of the Carters and Whitney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought she did :confused:

I am so sick of the Carters and Whitney

Yeah,it's been total over-saturation.
    She did tell Lee about kissing his dad,ages ago. Linda too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

What's wrong with that b1tch Stacey, its grand for her to move her family members in but when Martin has a relative staying, she has a face that would sour milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Carol should return to help Jack and take on the Beales and Phil for what they did to Max #BranningUnited
    Carol is probably one of the best actresses in eastenders.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Umm am I the only one on Stacey's side here? That Michelle wan clearly has no idea how to behave in a house of which you're a guest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Lisha wrote: »
    Ffs

Is Mick's ridiculous handling of Lee's issues deliberate on EE part to portray how not to handle someone with depression.

It's making me really dislike Mick

I don't think EastEnders are covering itvery well. I dont feel one ounce of pity for Lee. You can't just ping all of the wrongs he committed on his depression. He aided a violent robbery on the Vic. He also stole the charity money previously and stole the other guys Virtual Reality headset.

The original lies of his job role were just pathetic and his lies spiralled out of control with the loans.

These story lines may have worked well if he had a gambling or drug addiction but this has nothing to do with his depression. He has brought on everything himself.

I think Mick has been more than accommodating. The fact that he is even allowed to hang around the Vic drinking all evening says a lot.

Whitney got away scot free on the this too. Mick should have told her to sling her hook.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

It probably wasn't the right time with the R&R deaths but I don't think it would have been a bad idea to kill Lee off via the suicide.

They could highlight the cruel after effects of suicide. The Carter marriage breaks up, Mick hits the booze, Whitney goes off the rails and hits the drugs, possibly the game to feed her habit. Linda has a breakdown. Not very cheery subjects but they are the harsh realities of somebody hitting the nuclear button.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Umm am I the only one on Stacey's side here? That Michelle wan clearly has no idea how to behave in a house of which you're a guest.

Unless you contribute to the house, paws off the heating :mad::mad:

She saw it was turned down either by Martin or Stacey who said it was hot and she turns it back up :mad::mad::mad:

I have given people death stares for that

I do think the stories have been rushed, particularly Lee, I guess Lindas sudden departure messed things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gossamer

Danny Dyer is comical in his role. Always appears to look stoned whether sad/happy/angry while busting out of his clothes, swaggering around, touching the actresses up at any given moment. That mockney accent is fcukin ridiculous too. Bar Shirley, the rest of the Carter's should be axed. The new Johnny looks even more vacant than Lee, if that's even possible. Thick as two short planks springs to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

gossamer wrote: »
    Danny Dyer is comical in his role. Always appears to look stoned whether sad/happy/angry while busting out of his clothes, swaggering around, touching the actresses up at any given moment. That mockney accent is fcukin ridiculous too. Bar Shirley, the rest of the Carter's should be axed. The new Johnny looks even more vacant than Lee, if that's even possible. Thick as two short planks springs to mind.

That's his accent.

• Advertisement

That accent of his (and general geezer persona he plays up) is well known to be largely affected.

That's his accent.

I thought he was drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

That accent of his (and general geezer persona he plays up) is well known to be largely affected.

He's from east London, that's an east London accent. I agree he overdoes the cockney wideboy personality but the accent is pretty similar to most men from that area.

Mick trusting Babe after what she has done! If she betrays or steals from them again hopefully it's the end of her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Seriously, they need to have an outbreak of the 12 Monkeys virus and clear out most of the current characters on EE.
    I'd keep Patrick, Denise, Honey, Billy (and Kids), Tracy the barmaid and the black cat (who is currently the best actor on it).

I suppose I'd have to keep Ian as he's the longest surviving character, but I'd give him amnesia and loads of money so he could be more of a Gordon Gecko type and give Jane an Iron Man suit.

Danny dyer is acting the way an awful lot of eastenders residents do for his part. The fact he is from canning town helps. He is versatile as his tracing family documentary and also the celtic /rangers programme on a couple of nights ago show. He really is an asset to eastenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 MG_2013

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Mick trusting Babe after what she has done! If she betrays or steals from them again hopefully it's the end of her

Yeah, he had the perfect chance to throw her out after her blackmailing escapades. I suppose employing her saves money on hiring an outside chef/cook, she is probably on comfortably less wages. I suppose EastEnders needs a villain like her, there's hardly any genuine villains in it at the moment, Phil Mitchell would have been before his illness. The shows on the Watch channel over Christmas (channel 109 on Sky) detailing past characters were very good, there were so many horrible characters, EastEnders at the moment lacks a Nick Cotton, Dirty Den, Johnny Allen, Grant Mitchell, Dan Sullivan, Andy Hunter etc . Even characters that were not the proper villains of the show, like Stacey Slater, the Branning brothers, Ian Beale, Lauren and Steven Beale, etc are all more likeable characters now than they would have been in the past.

MG_2013 wrote: »
    IvySlayer wrote: »

Yeah, he had the perfect chance to throw her out after her blackmailing escapades. I suppose employing her saves money on hiring an outside chef/cook, she is probably on comfortably less wages. I suppose EastEnders needs a villain like her, there's hardly any genuine villains in it at the moment, Phil Mitchell would have been before his illness. The shows on the Watch channel over Christmas (channel 109 on Sky) detailing past characters were very good, there were so many horrible characters, EastEnders at the moment lacks a Nick Cotton, Dirty Den, Johnny Allen, Grant Mitchell, Dan Sullivan, Andy Hunter etc . Even characters that were not the proper villains of the show, like Stacey Slater, the Branning brothers, Ian Beale, Lauren and Steven Beale, etc are all more likeable characters now than they would have been in the past.
    Dirty den was just brilliant.

Danny dyer is acting the way an awful lot of eastenders residents do for his part. The fact he is from canning town helps. He is versatile as his tracing family documentary and also the celtic /rangers programme on a couple of nights ago show. He really is an asset to eastenders.

I met him IRL, and he's an awful lairy arse bandit so I really don't like the chap. He was drunk at the time and his accent was a fairly neutral east London one that would slip in out of OTT Cockney slang depending on who he was interacting with. I think him having to use Cockney jargon in every sentence in a very pronounced manner is telling. His acting is jarring vs. the rest of the cast who are quite natural and believable in their portrayal, for example the character of Alfie Moon who would be somewhat similar. But meh, that's just my opinion

• Advertisement

I met him IRL, and he's an awful lairy arse bandit so I really don't like the chap. He was drunk at the time and his accent was a fairly neutral east London one that would slip in out of OTT Cockney slang depending on who he was interacting with. I think him having to use Cockney jargon in every sentence in a very pronounced manner is telling. His acting is jarring vs. the rest of the cast who are quite natural and believable in their portrayal, for example the character of Alfie Moon who would be somewhat similar. But meh, that's just my opinion
    I think he is drunk a lot of the time. But he is still one of my eastenders favourites compared to the likes of ian beale.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement