Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I think he is drunk a lot of the time. But he is still one of my eastenders favourites compared to the likes of ian beale.

Would Eastenders producers turn a blind eye to Danny Dyer being drunk on set. He seems to be their golden boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Mick trusting Babe after what she has done! If she betrays or steals from them again hopefully it's the end of her

She is leaving soon

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Yes and it's on on Thursday for an hour from 8pm and NOT on Friday as there is an FA Cup game on.
    Just a note that this is just in the UK. In Ireland, the episodes will be at the same time on Thursday and Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

gossamer wrote:
    I met him IRL, and he's an awful lairy arse bandit /quote]
    Did you really??? He's not gay is he???

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gossamer

Ann22 wrote: »
    Did you really??? He's not gay is he???

I did a year or so ago. No, not at all. Just to clarify I've grown up using that term as a general insult like gobsh1te or sh1tehawk, and didn't even realise it was a homophobic slur until googling it in relation to you asking was he gay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

fin12 wrote: »
    I think he is drunk a lot of the time. But he is still one of my eastenders favourites compared to the likes of ian beale.

Would Eastenders producers turn a blind eye to Danny Dyer being drunk on set. He seems to be their golden boy.
    I think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

By all accounts the BBC are strict around schedules and the oldies like Woodyatt, June Brown, McFadden et al respect it and have their 1 hour lunch break and don't take the pi55. A bit like in football and no actor is bigger than the show so can't see the BBC taking crap from a one trick pony faux cockney wide boy.

By all accounts the BBC are strict around schedules and the oldies like Woodyatt, June Brown, McFadden et al respect it and have their 1 hour lunch break and don't take the pi55. A bit like in football and no actor is bigger than the show so can't see the BBC taking crap from a one trick pony faux cockney wide boy.
    He seems to enjoy a drink. On most chat shows he seems to have had a few. But on documentaries recently he appeared stone cold sober. I think he is a very versatile actor. .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

They practically begged DotCotton to come back with a huge payout as she wanted to retire.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

They have also fined or suspended actors who are repeatedly tardy or unreliable. I suspect Danny Dyer would suffer the same fate if he was turning up drunk. He's on the show because they needed a name and they needed an eastend character and that's exactly what Danny Dyer is. He plays the same character in every TV show or film he is in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I like him a lot. I enjoy working put the cockney rhyming slang he uses. Waa delighted with myself for realising what a cup of 'rose ' was "gypsy Rose Lee-cup of tea). He's a handsome guy and good natured...a bit soppy with the wife but refreshing that so far he hasn't shown an interest in other women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

gossamer wrote: »
    I met him IRL, and he's an awful lairy arse bandit so I really don't like the chap. He was drunk at the time and his accent was a fairly neutral east London one that would slip in out of OTT Cockney slang depending on who he was interacting with. I think him having to use Cockney jargon in every sentence in a very pronounced manner is telling. His acting is jarring vs. the rest of the cast who are quite natural and believable in their portrayal, for example the character of Alfie Moon who would be somewhat similar. But meh, that's just my opinion

It's ironic that he's one of the few cast members not faking an east London accent and you're calling him a fake. Comparing Shane Ritchie who's from west London as being more believable is funny. It's like saying a galway person does a better Dublin accent then Connor McGregor because his must be fake as its too strong.
    Also it's very common for people to change their accent depending who they are talking to, I'm from London and would have a neutral accent most of the time so people here can understand me, but when I meet another English person I've been told I talk faster and my accent is stronger and harder to understand.

The comedian Mickey Flanagan is from Whitechapel which isn't too far from canning town. Have a listen to him if you don't mind the swearing and you'll hear the similarities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Cant take much more of Mick or Lee for that matter.
    Mick is just way over the top IMO, and to be honest how no one noticed Lee sinking back into depression is amazing.
    Surely they would have been watching out for a change in him?

Johnny is probably the most pointless Carter but I would presume Ben and himself will feature at some stage.

Time to say goodbye to the Carter Family!

It's ironic that he's one of the few cast members not faking an east London accent and you're calling him a fake. Comparing Shane Ritchie who's from west London as being more believable is funny. It's like saying a galway person does a better Dublin accent then Connor McGregor because his must be fake as its too strong.
    Also it's very common for people to change their accent depending who they are talking to, I'm from London and would have a neutral accent most of the time so people here can understand me, but when I meet another English person I've been told I talk faster and my accent is stronger and harder to understand.

The comedian Mickey Flanagan is from Whitechapel which isn't too far from canning town. Have a listen to him if you don't mind the swearing and you'll hear the similarities.

For the love of Christ...it's an opinion. You don't think he's playing it up, I do. We've established that and I accept your stance on it. You're entitled to that viewpoint, just as I am to mine. He's a randomer off the TV, hardly worth getting riled up over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

gossamer wrote: »
    For the love of Christ...it's an opinion. You don't think he's playing it up, I do. We've established that and I accept your stance on it. You're entitled to that viewpoint, just as I am to mine. He's a randomer off the TV, hardly worth getting riled up over.

I'm not getting riled up at all. You're entitled to your opinion and you're not interested in changing your viewpoint but other forum readers might be.
    You don't need to read or reply to posts you're not interested in.

I'm not getting riled up at all. You're entitled to your opinion and you're not interested in changing your viewpoint but other forum readers might be.
    You don't need to read or reply to posts you're not interested in.

You quoted me, that is why I replied. But fair enough on everything else.

They have also fined or suspended actors who are repeatedly tardy or unreliable. I suspect Danny Dyer would suffer the same fate if he was turning up drunk. He's on the show because they needed a name and they needed an eastend character and that's exactly what Danny Dyer is. He plays the same character in every TV show or film he is in.
    No he doesn't. Borstal boy on stage in gaiety. Also celtic/rangers documentary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I wonder will there be a double funeral. Maybe Jack won't want that.

Completely blown away tonight by what a brilliant actor jack is. First class.

I agree. But he has to consider the children he has from both of them and also roxie and Ronnie s mother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Completely blown away tonight by what a brilliant actor jack is. First class.

+1,000. Superb.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

If Roxy's drug use becomes public knowledge and that is why she drowned, I don't think he will want them buried together, Ronnie probably buried with son James

I doubt Grant and Sam will return for the cousins funerals

I hope Jack and Glenda don't hook up, Jack has been with enough of Ronnie's relatives

Is Shirley angry at Glenda for sleeping with Phil :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    If Roxy's drug use becomes public knowledge and that is why she drowned, I don't think he will want them buried together, Ronnie probably buried with son James

I doubt Grant and Sam will return for the cousins funerals

I hope Jack and Glenda don't hook up, Jack has been with enough of Ronnie's relatives

Is Shirley angry at Glenda for sleeping with Phil :confused:

I don't think they'll be buried together because as you said Ronnie would be buried with baby James and later on Jack would join them. It would be a bit odd if Roxy was there too. It's just that he blames Roxy for so much and now he blames her for Ronnies death so maybe he'll blow up at the mention of a double funeral. I'd love to see Grant and Sam back but that probably won't happen. I haven't seen any scenes lately with Glenda and Shirley but I think she did find out he slept with Glenda ages ago. Can't remember if he was with Shirley at the time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I would also like to see Sam Mitchell back but Sam Mitchell 2.0, not the crack head version.

I have absolutely no idea why they went back to the original Sam. Considering the actress is so unreliable and hardly a decent actor.

The BBC or EastEnders producers tend to have a great dislike of attractive females.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭silverlight69

Poor Jack. I have to say that was a very hard scene to watch. The emotional depth that the actor portrayed has to be applauded.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

What age is Amy?

Wouldn't she be aware of death? She showed grief over her rabbit dying!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

IvySlayer wrote: »
    What age is Amy?

Wouldn't she be aware of death? She showed grief over her rabbit dying!

according to Wiki she's 8 years old. By the way the kids kept asking about "Auntie Ronnie" going away I thought they had been told that Ronnie and Roxy were on holidays or something like that :eek:

Also there hasn't been a mention of what will happen to Matthew now that Ronnie is dead! Are we to assume Jack will keep him. Dot hasn't mention it at all which is surprising as he's her grandson. Where did Charlie go?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I always find in UK soaps they deal with death in a strange way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Scott Maslen always came across wooden to me but I have to say, he's really playing a blinding job at the moment.
    You can just feel his grief.
    I can't get over how Ronnie and Roxy's brother Danny is almost mute in all his scenes.

• Advertisement

Is Scott (Jack) leaving again?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement