Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Feb 2015]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Poor Denise :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    I can't get my head around this, when Michelle was 15 or 16 she was with Den...an older gentleman. Are we to accept she went from having a thing for older men to now having a fling with a young fella. Tim a college professor, I'd say is about her own age, we don't know if she had any children with him, he's probably giving his students extra 'grinds'

She spoke of Mark growing up and all the time she had on her hands....ner a mention of the first born rebel without a reason...Vicki. Where is she now ? She would be about 30 years old or so.

I'll eat my aran knitted hat if she turns into her mother Pauline, complete with housecoat and becomes the Sq's nag. I had visions of Pauline the night she left the Vic. wrapped in her big cardigan and made her way to Arthurs seat in the garden.

Probably very likely someone who was attracted to older women/men when younger would revert the other way once older I would imagine. It is more a psychological thing with such relationships, physical attraction is only part and parcel. I imagine the "thrill", "stigma", "secret nature" of it all works both ways for the individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Wouldn't you think someone would give Denise a scrunchie or an elastic band for her hair. Her skin is so dark her face is barely visible... it can't be comfortable either.

Why did she blab to Shirley about Phil?? Why did neither of them check the next cubicle??? I'm afraid to make splashy noises if I'm not sure next door is empty, never mind announce my deepest darkest most excrutiating and embarrassing secret!
    And it was bit sneaky of Sharon not to make her presence known before the conversation went that far.

Michelle broke into Ian's house with Sharon drank his win broke a bowl had a chat and left lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

What was the story with Michelle hanging an apron on the back of the door?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

fussyonion wrote: »
    What was the story with Michelle hanging an apron on the back of the door?

I think her mother Pauline used do this as that is their old house

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Regarding Denise, I do genuinely believe that putting the baby up for adoption is the right thing to do. She's approaching 50, and as she said herself she's can't give the baby the kind of life he could have with a young couple. It goes without saying that Phil is a terrible father, so she was right not to involve him. Unfortunately Kim and Sharon are involved now so I feel we'll have a contrived 'happy' ending where Denise keeps the baby :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Michelle broke into Ian's house with Sharon drank his win broke a bowl had a chat and left lol

I was expecting Jane to arrive in her wheelchair to see what all the noise was :D

Didn't Denise want to keep Jordan and his son and also was putting Libby off abortion offering to raise that child but now not her own, is this partly as the father is Phil who lives across the Square?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

off topic but id love to see alfie come back - him and mick would be so funny together behind the bar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I've been recording EE this weeks and binge watching. I ended up deleting a few episodes so missed Michelle arriving.
    I haven't really warmed to her and I know folks on here have criticised the episode with her "confessions". I have to say, despite her being a little irritating to watch, I suspect she's quite a talented actress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Regarding Denise, I do genuinely believe that putting the baby up for adoption is the right thing to do. She's approaching 50, and as she said herself she's can't give the baby the kind of life he could have with a young couple. It goes without saying that Phil is a terrible father, so she was right not to involve him. Unfortunately Kim and Sharon are involved now so I feel we'll have a contrived 'happy' ending where Denise keeps the baby :rolleyes:

Wow,I don't agree with this at all. Approaching 50 isn't old,especially in today's society and Denise has shown herself to be a healthy woman,still full of energy and drive.
    She has a nice home,a steady job and a loving,supportive family,everything a child needs to thrive and more. I dont see the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

The character of Denise is not even 48 yet and what an irony that only recently Janet Jackson had a baby at 50. She'd be only 68 at the child's 21st. That's nowt.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

Ah come on Janet Jackson didn't have a baby - that's widely believed to be totally untrue. 50 would be pushing it for nearly all women, and 40 is probably the latest a lot of women I know are comfortable with as a cut off.

Denise is doing the right thing for her baby, not for herself.

Ah come on Janet Jackson didn't have a baby - that's widely believed to be totally untrue. 50 would be pushing it for nearly all women, and 40 is probably the latest a lot of women I know are comfortable with as a cut off.

But she did have a baby........:confused: Or am I missing something? Was it a secret surrogate.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭currants

I think its more Denise has done her child rearing and the fact that its Phil's which is never going to be good for any child, look at the misery his other kids have endured, they're all messed up. Lots of women in their 40's have "surprise" babies, 48 is not uncommon nowadays but Denise wants to go to college and have a life for herself, you cant do that on minimum wage with a baby. I think its a very brave and unselfish thing for her to do, considering most of us would keep the baby and live with the resentment and disappointment rather than face the judgement from family and friends.

Motherhood is not always hugs and contentment, especially if you feel you've already done your bit and barely scraped through sane. Its a taboo subject in Ireland though, where Mammies are always saintly and giving and never, ever try to live out their lost dreams through their children.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Janet Jackson is said to be getting waited on 'hand and foot' by the staff of her billionaire husband Wissam Al Mana. The 50-year-old and the Quatri businessman were overjoyed when they welcomed their first child a week ago. - Source

I remember growing up in the 1970's and women "on the road" having their 7th or 8th well into their 40's. Religion probably played a part and I'm not sure if contraception was against the law back then. The women that got arrested getting off the train from Belfast?

Today it can be a choice and things have changed and people are living longer and even the internet gives people knowledge that even I/we didn't have after I got married. Her (Denise) choice of course but I still don't get the "I'm too old" line at 47. My mother in law was dancing to Jive Bunny at my daughter's 21st and she was 74, then popping out for a Silk Cut.

I remember growing up in the 1970's and women "on the road" having their 7th or 8th well into their 40's. Religion probably played a part and I'm not sure if contraception was against the law back then. The women that got arrested getting off the train from Belfast?

Today it can be a choice and things have changed and people are living longer and even the internet gives people knowledge that even I/we didn't have after I got married. Her (Denise) choice of course but I still don't get the "I'm too old" line at 47. My mother in law was dancing to Jive Bunny at my daughter's 21st and she was 74, then popping out for a Silk Cut.

Exactly. Her choice what she wants to do but using the excuse of being too old or having nothing to offer a child is ridiculous. She's young,fit and healthy with plenty of love and support. Plus if she hadn't blabbed to Shirley,the child could've been brought up having nothing to do with Phil and not been "Mitchellised" if that's what she's worried about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Links for the first bit please? I'd love to read how it's widely believed to be untrue with a baby as proof.

The second sounds like a guess but even so plenty of women safely have children in their 40's especially if it's not their first. There's a lot more to do with fertility than age.

Anyway, none of this is relevant, Denise delivered a healthy baby.

Janet Jackson is believed to have used a surrogate, a quick google will give you all the links you need. Yes she has a baby, but, she never said she was pregnant. 50 really is pushing it for both maternal and infant health.

How many of you posting here are or even know women in their 40's? it is rather unusual now for women to want to have children into their 40's, it does happen but, the risks increase greatly as the mother gets older. Almost every woman I know wants to have her baby making over and done with by the time she is 40 - but of course accidents do happen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Janet Jackson is believed to have used a surrogate, a quick google will give you all the links you need. Yes she has a baby, but, she never said she was pregnant. 50 really is pushing it for both maternal and infant health.

How many of you posting here are or even know women in their 40's? it is rather unusual now for women to want to have children into their 40's, it does happen but, the risks increase greatly as the mother gets older. Almost every woman I know wants to have her baby making over and done with by the time she is 40 - but of course accidents do happen.

It's quite widely expected on boards that if you make a claim you back it up with links rather than tell people to google it. Please do so.

There's as many rumours she used a surrogate as there are she gave birth herself. The truth is no one is 100% sure but people can only go by the fact she revealed a large bump in a photo shoot and her publicist released a statement saying she gave birth. Obviously there is an element of doubt that this was a cover up which is quite likely under the circumstances but the truth is online gossip sites are as much uninformed as any of us. She has been hidden away for months.

Me. I am approaching 40 and my baby making days are far from over. I plan to have at least two more babies and have absolutely no worries in this regard. My mother also had my sister in her 40's and there were people like you who presumed that it must have been an accident which was very insulting and hurtful to her as she was a planned and much wanted baby.

Janet Jackson aside,plenty high profile women are giving birth in their forties these days,there is no longer a worry or a stigma. Gwen Stefani, Geri Halliwell,loads more if you want to take your own advice and go googling you will see.

Women are waiting till their mid 30's more and more these days to start their family for a variety of reasons and if they want to have more than one child,logistically there's no way they can have it all done and dusted by 40! Nor do they need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭currants

Early 40's is one thing but getting pregnant "naturally" at 48 like Denise did is quite rare- for some of us this is a blessing!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Back on topic please, folks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Big turnabout for phil. Interest in one of his children at long last. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Caprica

Really enjoyed tonight's episode. I thought Denise had got through to Phil, especially when he was putting the child back in the cot but as he left the hospital with Sharon on his arm I'm not so sure. Great acting from Diane Parish and Steve Mc Fadden. I feel they have wasted Diane, she is rarely given the material she deserves, she is definitely one of the shows better actresses. Even though I don't like the character of Phil, Steve has always done well in his big stories.

Really hoping Jack moves to Ongar sooner rather than later. I hope Ronnie & Roxy get a good send off, even do I think the writers have forgot than Roxy died, it's all about Ronnie.

Caprica wrote: »
    Really enjoyed tonight's episode. I thought Denise had got through to Phil, especially when he was putting the child back in the cot but as he left the hospital with Sharon on his arm I'm not so sure. Great acting from Diane Parish and Steve Mc Fadden. I feel they have wasted Diane, she is rarely given the material she deserves, she is definitely one of the shows better actresses. Even though I don't like the character of Phil, Steve has always done well in his big stories.

Really hoping Jack moves to Ongar sooner rather than later. I hope Ronnie & Roxy get a good send off, even do I think the writers have forgot than Roxy died, it's all about Ronnie.

I thought when Phil and Sharon left the hospital, they had agreed with Denise about the adoption being best :confused: at least that was implied to me

I wonder will Glenda try to claim Roxy and Ronnie's kids and their inheritances

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

That's not true, women are having children much later now due to going to college and their careers, I've come across women who started having their families in their 40s. The average age of a first time mother in Ireland is 35.

• Advertisement

The average age might be 35, but, lots of women are having a few children close together as well, and I stand by the fact that most women I KNOW want to have their babymaking done by the age of 40. I don't know every woman in the world so I am sure that there are lots who don't worry about it and who are happy to continue well into their 40's but, I don't know them.

As much as science moves on the quality of a woman's eggs deteriorate quite a lot after the age of about 38 so there are of course more risks involved in "geriatric pregnancies". Maternal and infant risks.

Back to the subject at hand - Denise is playing a blinder, she is an amazing actress.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement